Really need some advise for a new character consept!

bruthor

Diabloii.Net Member
Really need some advise for a new character consept!

I'm working on a guide, but I need a few details...

How many percentage does the chill effect from hurrycane slow monsters who are not resistant/imune to the effect.

How long is the chill effect in normal/nightmare/hell

How much would Holy Freeze level 12 (50%), Descriphy curse and Hurrycane slow monsters together.
I guess if chill is 30%, than it would be like this:

Chill 30%: monster movement speed 70%
+ Descrephy: monster movement speed (70/2)=35%
+ Holy Freeze 50%: monster movement speed (35/2)=17,5% :thumbsup:

This is slooooow, but is it possible, or have I not got a clue of what I'm doing? :uhhuh:

Would even a clay golem from stone slow monsters ekstra?

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Obviously not a Necromancer

bruthor said:
I'm working on a guide, but I need a few details...

How many percentage does the chill effect from hurrycane slow monsters who are not resistant/imune to the effect.

How long is the chill effect in normal/nightmare/hell

How much would Holy Freeze level 12 (50%), Descriphy curse and Hurrycane slow monsters together.
I guess if chill is 30%, than it would be like this:

Chill 30%: monster movement speed 70%
+ Descrephy: monster movement speed (70/2)=35%
+ Holy Freeze 50%: monster movement speed (35/2)=17,5% :thumbsup:

This is slooooow, but is it possible, or have I not got a clue of what I'm doing? :uhhuh:

Would even a clay golem from stone slow monsters ekstra?
There is no Hurricane hitpower or charge, so I suspect you're using a wind Druid or offshoot. That would mean either a runeword or mercenary for Holy Freeze, the latter of which I would advise as it's cheaper, quicker and leaves a slot open for another weapon (other than Doom or Ice). Reaper's Toll is the only hitpower/charge item I know of giving Decrepify, so it's likely you're going with a merc wearing that. The only way to get Clay Golem is from Stone, which isn't all that expensive, but would have to be worn by the character since mercs can't use charges. You could use Riphook or a melee weapon with slowing (though that's not necessary since the merc will act as a tank) and create a variant build using a bit of elemental and mostly summoning. With the damage modifier of Decrepify, any of the various summoning builds would best be the starting place, but this should probably be continued in the Druid forum.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Ax, your post is completely irrelevant. He's not asking for help creating his guide or what to build, he's asking how a couple game features interact. I think that's exactly what the statistics forum is for.

bruthor, I believe chill length depends on where the chill is coming from and how many sources of stacked cold damage there are. In NM it's halved and Hell it's quartered. Someone else should have much more complete information for you.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Not completely

thegiantturtle said:
Ax, your post is completely irrelevant.
I determined which build he was trying to talk about and directed him to the appropriate forum. I recently made a thread in the Necromancer forum about a slowamancer (maximum Decrepify, Clay Golem, cold mages, etc.) and they told me, due to the total effects of those abilities, that it's unnecessary to max those abilities as the slight differences didn't give any noticable benefit. Instead, they suggested a mere variant of a summoner using slowing abilities. Same can be said here, as those in the Druid forum probably have gone through this same type of thing once before. I didn't answer any of his questions specifically because I believed they may have already been answered by someone in that forum.

I apologize if I wrote it improperly and didn't suggest that the answer probably awaits you there.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
About the slowing, there is no cap on it, but monsters movement can not be slowed to less than a certain animation speed. So more slow will be unnecessary in most cases, but good versus the occational "Extra Fast" boss pack. Also note that minotaur type monsters cannot be frozen or slowed, even by Holy Freeze... These may be more dangerous if your defensive strategy relies a lot on slowing effects.

bruthor

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
About the slowing, there is no cap on it, but monsters movement can not be slowed to less than a certain animation speed. So more slow will be unnecessary in most cases, but good versus the occational "Extra Fast" boss pack. .

What is this animation speed and how far away will combo cold+HFreeze+descriphy be?

I dont think ill ever have the answer from the druid forum.

And Ax2Grind, I dont mind overslowing.

:mad: But there's got to be someone who knows how many % cold slows a monster with 0 % to the effect. (yes, even this is a resist, but players can only reach 0 or 100 from Cannot Be Frozen items, while monsters can have 0-100 dependant on type and difficulty)

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Thrugg knows this, RTB too, and they answered that same question thoroughly a couple months ago. I don't remember the details, but you could try the search tool and searching statistics forum. It should be there.