Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Really annoying Horodric Staff Problem

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bigmac, Apr 5, 2004.

1. bigmac

bigmac IncGamers Member

Really annoying Horodric Staff Problem

I'm not sure if this is known or not, but..

In Hell I had just managed to get and assemble the Staff of Kings but as I couldn't past all those cold immune dudes in Tals Tomb I did a few NM Baal runs to level up a bit (Now Lvl 77 and still stuck).

After a few I had gathered a few items worth keeping so I did a bit of solo muling and when doing so I dropped the Staff in a norm game to get some room in the stash/inv to move stuff about, and after I was unable to pick it up again.. :rant: ...I assume as the staff was in the floor in a norm game and I had already completed the quest before it assumed it wasn't mine....

A real bummer, so now I have to get the staff pieces again in Hell...the mule could pick it up, but it could not be transfered to my Hell char.

Just a word of warning not to drop a quest item gathered in a higher level in a lower level game where you have already completed the quest in that lower level.

2. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

I can think of nothing to say... this has got me speachless.

3. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Find or create a pubbie game to complete that quest.

4. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

also, never transmute it in a lower difficulty. once i transmuted it in normal when i was helping a friend mule. the name on the staff turned red in her inventory, and she couldn't use it.