Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Realistic unstopable Bowazon semi-guide

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Yossarian, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Realistic unstopable Bowazon semi-guide

Most player builds talked about here are only for the very rich. It got me thinking about whether there was a effective build possible for the poor. Here is what I came up with.

The concept is simple. Be able to kill any monster in the game solo and to be able to live through it, at a cheap and reasonable price. PVP experts can debate the merits of it below.

Skills
    20 fire arrow
    20 cold arrow

Both of these skills convert physical into elemental. We are going to shoot for around 50% total (The rich could get this to over 75%). These 2 skills will allow us to take care of any elemental immune or physical immune problem we have. We want a high damage bow to convert more, and 2000 total damage is possible.

20 (strafe or multi)

This takes care of the physical side of things. Strafe and multi are really a matter of personal preference to me.

20 into Valk

She is your tank. Max her, sit behind her and kill.

the rest get 1 point each for prereqs 9 or 10 in passive (depends on bow) 5 or 6 on bow tree depends on (strafe or multi) so thats about 95 points when finished (thats right most people don't make it to lv 99) so by my figureing thats lv 83 to be done. When placing skills you want to get the physical mid range to kill quickly (it's you main attack). After that Valk and elementals to max (should be done by end on NM). Finish off maxing main attack till done.

Stats
    Str- For gear
    Dex- As much as you can (ie most)
    Vit- Some I'd put 50 or so here, nothing sucks worse than 1 hit kills in hell.
    Energy- :lol:

Gear
    Bow- Buriza is my pick. Cheap and big damage.
    WF is better if you're richer, as are some runewords with skills and damage.

You need to get big damage so that you convert lots of physical to elemental.

Hat- I like Shako but a +2 circlet is great too (especially if it has res) use +1 skills hat if you can't afford the above.

Armor- Lionheart (Hel + Lum + Fal) + stats + life + res and + dam it's perfect and not to expensive. If it's too much use Smoke (Nef + Lum) great res.

Gloves- I liked crafted bloodgloves. (Nef + PRuby). The crushing blow helps a lot vs bosses (thats are weakest area) and the LL and life is great. if you get IAS awsome. If you need IAS there are lots of gloves out there.

Belt- Razor if you don't use Buriza. If you do, something with leach lots of set blets, or res is my choice (nightsmoke). Goldwrap is also good if you need IAS.

Boots- Gores are best. If you can't afford them, than look at Tear, nice res.

Rings- Whatever you need really. Things like AR leach and Res are what you want. There are great uniqes for this but rares that do the same are cheap. 110 ar 10 all res rings are easy to get. Gamble son.

Ammy- + skills are the way to go. We need to get our convert to elemental damage up. Again gamble.

Hope that helps some of the other poor players out there.

2. Yossarian

Oh a little more

Merc- I like act2 NM might. What you don't have reapers? You can usually find a good lance to buy with some looking in act5. I've found more than a few with over 400 damage. Armor best Def you can. If you gamble circlets (you should) keep an eye out for ones with LL on them, good for the merc.

note not sure if amp damage affects the fire and cold arrow. If so that would be a great mod to get. If it does an act 1 merc would be great with a amp damage bow too.

Charms

Life ones are good, max damge ones are great. No not the +3 +25ar +20 life ones. Real ones that most people throw away. +5 larges +6-8 grands if it has ar bonus.

Res charms are also worth keeping. Elemental will have to be great to bother.

Think thats about it.

3. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Don't assume that every player can even get a Buriza.

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Most people throw them away, so you can trade for them easily with whatever you find from a normal or nm hellforge.

5. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I personally don't see the point in making a guide for the poor.

Bottom line is, if you want to survive and "kill every monster" like you said you won't get anywhere being poor.
    As you can see, without some good items your ama will be worthless. I mean you suggested buriza, gore riders, razortail. Those aren't items I would associate with someone that is poor.

-Backdoor Bandit

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

LF/FA could do it easily. :)

7. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

I think an issue here is that anybody can get fairly decent items by just running nm meph. And just about any character can survive nm meph. So it's just a matter of a little time before anyone could get decent items such as a buriza, a goldstrike, wws, razortail, tal's mask, duriels shell, those items are available to anyone no matter how poor and with them, surviving is not too hard.

8. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Not everybody wants to run Meph for hours. :p

Personally I'd just advice "poor"/new players to make a LF/FA amazon and go to town. They can handle pretty much everything with inexpensive gear.

9. Yossarian

Well that would be kind silly, since they want to play a bowazon. :flip:

Buriza is easy to get, as is razortail. Of course as I said you don't need razor with Buriza. Gore I said are perfect but Tear is good too. Please learn to read before commenting.

I gave advice for a BOWAZON for the poor not Lightningzon (why not recommend a winddruid or hammerdin cause they own LFzons :yawn: ). The arguements against this info have all been silly. Not everyone makes D2 their life. Some people only play a few hour a week and want to play a certain kind of character. If it's a bowazon here is how to live and have fun. Not one comment about its effectiveness just a bunch of wasted banwidth.

10. Scrub0

Scrub0 Banned

I don't think it'd be hard to get a buriza for free on the realms.

11. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

Dont you know ?
    Making silly comments, just to add posts, is much easier than really writing something that takes time and thinking

Regards

Ps. It is a really good starting guide .
    Maybe some lvl techinques for the poor and item gaining trickd would help also

12. synth

synth IncGamers Member

Not everyone can get a buriza? I found three of them in a day of meph runs. sheesh, I can't wait to get rid of those things. :scratch:

13. niursz

niursz IncGamers Member

yep that s a good starting for newazons :thumbsup:
    BTW you said it can kill "every single monster in the game", but i dont see how such a build can kill ancients, baal, or uber didi :innocent: (i mean in hell...of course).
    but i just tease you, it s obvious that this build allow people to clean mf areas (pit, crypt) or mid level run (andy, meph, pindle), and thus they can now take care of their equip by themselves.
    Now i m not sure that cold arrow is a must, cause with a little patience, buri can take care of the cold damage, and that s 20 skill points saved for passive or for both strafe/multi build (i kinda like having the 2 skills boosted cause they can be differently useful: multi for quick ennemies, like tamoe highlands or the beginning of act 3) and strafe for the others)
    gratz again for this post, i m pretty sure it will make people build bowazons.
    (and sorry for the language mistakes, i m a poor little frenchie :uhhuh: )

14. lhundertwasser

lhundertwasser IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm just another noob (seems to be the favourite word on the realms :)) but I've been looking for a poor-mans guide to a Bowazon build. I've got a Buriza and was thrilled when I got it, yeah decent damage. The point is that if you haven't played D2 for a looooooooooooong time (longer that I want to invest) you can't get close to finding a WF, yet alone trade one. I use the Buriza with a Shael, a Crow Caw, Sigons Gloves & Belt, an Oak amu, a stealskull and some crappy rings (a nagelring and a dwarfstar). Maybe it's (no not maybe much of it is) crappy equipment but I got a decent IAS even with a buriza (I thinks at least) and it's the best I've been able to come close to.

So please get of the guys back, maybe the build won't rock on hell, but we all have to start somewhere!

So: Thank you very much, Yossarian. You've given me some inspiration!

15. Yossarian

Thx :)

See if you can get some sigons boots. Faster RW res and with the gloves and belt 50% mf might help you :spy: some better gear later on. All and all though you got a nice fast setup.

16. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Hmmm.... nOOb indeed seems to be abused more, and more.

It description it is mostly wasted for is loser or lamer. While it is actually reserved for a person who has been around for a while, acts stupid, and should have known better.

Someone new to the game, or realm is merely a newbie.

Some newbie grow into nOObs....some are tomorrows 1337.

And some really rule....and just exclaim to the Uber-gamers that critisize them "STFU and mind your own business."... and go about theirs. It's those newbies that I hail and praise.

17. oneinfinity

oneinfinity IncGamers Member

yoss, what's your reply to this idea?

18. oneinfinity

oneinfinity IncGamers Member

i'm currently at:

40th lvl

20ms
    1fa
    1strafe
    (and 1 in prereqs)

1 d/a/e
    4cs
    1penetrate
    1pierce
    1valk
    (1 prereqs)

i have +2 all amazon skills (ammy, bow) and +2bow skills (gloves)

and i'm trying to decide what i should put points into now. thanks. (also, good guide, thx)

19. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

That's too many points in Multishot. I never put more than 10 points into it. You don't get any bonus for having more points except more arrows. More arrows only allows you to expand your attack arc. If you are moving correctly then you don't need an attack arc bigger than 10 ms. Plus you should end up with one or two plus skills to add to multishot. I wouldn't have maxed it.

Personally, I liked FA, other than the mana it does its job and kills. You'll consistantly get good damage. It will work well with that Ballista/Buriza you should aquire. It can hit the same target multiple times with its splash damage if it pierces.

Get knockback. The whole point with MS is that you are going to keep things off you. So even though you are barely doing damage it doesn't matter since the monsters will always be knocked back.

If you can find a razortail belt, then you might look at a MELODY Rune bow for the FA. It won't give you much damage to leach from, but it can have +6 Bow Skills and knockback built into it.

Best of luck.

20. Ed_MarloZon

Ed_MarloZon IncGamers Member

Great Guide!!! I have been playing D2 for years now with a gap in the middle of about 6 monthes after my account got hacked and I had to start over. Anyhow I have accounts full of godly gear and I am kinda tired of making all the Uber Builds in the game. Then about 2 monthes ago I foudn these forums and everything changed. Now I have been playing alot of weirder builds that I like alot more and make the game fun for me again. I have recently made a new Bowazon with a few rules for myself. I wanted to start over like I am new to the game so the main rule is no muling of gear or gold to the character. I have not done this ever before I always have certain gear I use at certain lvls for the most damage, the most resist, etc... But this time I decided to scratch all that and start fresh. I am only allowing myself the gear I find in the game with the character and stuff I can trade for with that stuff, so far it is very intrestring. I am actually going for a Hybrid Bow/Jav Zon, but this guide has many great ideas for me thanks for writing it very well done.

K.