Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Real Money for D2 Stuff?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FrostBurn, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Real Money for D2 Stuff?

Ok, I was on a certain site that I often use for calculations, and out of curiosity, I clicked on a link, and went to a D2 shop. I had a quick browse at the armours for sale, some samples of which are:

1. Arkaine's Valour +2 all skills
    $14.99

2. Crow Caw
    $0.99

3. Leviathan 20-24% PDR
    $12.99

4. Ormus' Robes +15% to all 3 elements
    $39.99

5. Shaftstop (eth)
    $29.99

6. Tyrael's Might
    $59.99

Why? :shocked:

What kind of [I want my mummy] person would spend real money on any of this cyber-junk? Are they:

1. Kids using their parents' credit cards?

2. Adults using their own credit cards?

3. Thieves using stolen credit cards?

4. Politicians using tax payers money?

5. The elderly using their pension money?

6. Aliens?

7. Something else?

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

#4 drew a hearty laugh out of me, much to the confusion of my classmates and teacher.

I think they are making money from people who are wanting all of the top gear needed for PvP, but have the conscionce (the words looks wrong) not to dupe, like everyone else.

$5.00 says that most of those items for sale there are dupes anyway.

3. Fists of Legend

Fists of Legend IncGamers Member

I second you neumein on the items been duped. However, isn't #4 just a repeat of #3?:scratch:

4. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

This has been since a long time ago.

I remember reading a thread here in the dii.net forums (quoting Thyad: please use the search function) about someone which made a clvl 80 mat sorc without using any skill points or stat points and then selling the char in e-bay.

Let's remember than cattle.net d2 is totally different of SP D2. In cattle.net it's all about bragging and having the best of the best, the damage must be in the thousands and having anything less that 75 in all resists is a shame. So, "marketing" high end items seems to be profitable. But about who buys the items............... lazy people :tongue:

5. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

When I read that, I laughed till I was red in the face. On topic: I suppose bragging rights are more important to some people, *sigh* seriously, when the time arises, I shall eradicate bnet forever... :evil: :devil:

6. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

I remember seeing the same thing as you A_M, but now they have all of the chars at lvl 80 without any skill points used. I think they went for like $20.00 or something. :rolleyes:

Isn't building the char up half the fun? I think it's rather gratifying to watch them become more and more powerful.

7. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

There have been NUMEROUS threads about this on the community forums, use the search function.

Basic outline is that some people simply don't have time because of jobs and wives and what not. You spend 20 bucks for two people to go see a movie, why not spend a few bucks to enjoy a game for months?

Let's rememeber we have the same policy here on the SPF: ENJOY THE GAME (until it infringes.)

8. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

All of the listed items are useless except for maybe the Ormus. I'm pretty sure anyone who buys from that shop knows nothing about the game - not because they buy items, but because they buy crap items.

9. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Agreed. I love getting a sorceress to level 24, and then unleashing the frozen fury of blizzard. Satisfying to no end. Or gambling two nice rares, and tearing your hair out deciding which one is better, "4% mana leech, or 4% life leech." etc... Non SPF-ers wouldn't understand the feeling

10. FrostBurn

Best post ever!

Sigh, here we go again. Why is it that some people cannot grasp the concept of polite speech?

I don't care if there are numerous threads in the community forum. How am I to know when I never go there? And I wasn't searching for an answer, hence I did not use the search function. I just found this interesting, and since I have never come across a similar topic in the SPF during my time here, I decided to post it. I am mainly curious to know the reasons behind people spending their (or others) hard-earned money on stuff which is not tangible.

Next time, be more POLITE.

11. Fluffballer

It wasn't meant to be in any way rude. I'm just saying use the search function and you'll find a LOT of discussions on this. Pretty simple. Search function covers all forums.

12. FrostBurn

I think if we all used the search function for every single thing, we would never have any new threads. Sometimes, it is better to have new threads to stimulate new discussion.

EDIT:
    And this is one of those things that a Search would not necessarily immediately reveal. There may be A LOT of stuff out there, but it is a different matter when it comes to sorting the chaff from the wheat.

13. Fluffballer

I'm honestly fine with that.

More threads the better IMO as I waste most of my work--er play time here.

My point remains, do a search and you'll find NUMEROUS threads on this. This thread might be locked if you posted it in the community forum because of that.

14. FrostBurn

And my point remains.

I do not frequent the community forum at all, so I did not know that there were many previous threads on the same matter there. And the SPF is not the community forum.

And it is unreasonable to expect me to do a search on this matter, when my intention was not to look for any specific answers, but instead, to start a thread that I had hoped was interesting and stimulating.

:rolleyes:

EDIT:
    I swear, this must be 'Lets wind up FrostBurn Week'.

15. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Good ideas occasionally do pop in 'more of the same' threads. As an example, jump over to the Barbarian forum, and scan through the first few pages. It seems that every second or third thread is 'WW question?' or '2 egriez good for ww?' Etc... Apart from being your stereotypical b.netters (which sicken me), they also speak bnettish, which aggrivates many of us to no end. But, occasionally a good point gets made. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is a rather good analogy for this actually...

*Frostburn gets English +1*

16. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

I agree with frostburn. It isn't a matter of finding already sought out answers, but an interesting discovery he made. It is comical, and I think a new thread generates a lot of interest for this type of thing that otherwise probably would have been ignored.

We've all seen countless threads on "Best Duel Wield for WW barb." But this isn't the same kind of post. I welcome this kind of thread that allows new and old posters to voice opinions on laughable matters.

If nothing else, it was good for a laugh.
    Isn't that all that counts in the end? :rolleyes:

17. Fluffballer

"There are A LOT OF SEARCHABLE THREADS" is not the same as "Go die!"

Read the hundreds of responses to the subject... enjoy them. :flowers:

18. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Damn those would be good prices to sell at. On 1.09 I sold 2500 SoJ's for $100-150 US :badteeth:

WoW accounts are much better to sell though, I can tell you that from experience.

19. FrostBurn

Somehow, I think TYPING iN cAPItALS Is NoT GOIN' TO MAKE YOuR POINT ANY MORE ACCEPTABLE!

Thread reported.

20. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

The older brother of one of my TAFE friends plays Everquest, I think, or maybe it's World of Warcraft. I can never remember. Anyways, he plays the game through with a character, and then sells them on eBay. According to him, it takes him a few months, and he sells them for a couple hundred dollars each. Sounds impressive at first, but once you factor in the fact that he has to work, or take days off work to finish a 'contract', he ends up losing money... Sad.

>> Frosty, no need to get worked up. Besides, if it were 'Let's wind up Frostburn week', we would be singing, posting, and PM'ing you 'the song that never ends'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.