Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Reaching Burnout point. Need New Idea please!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by alsetzer, Apr 3, 2004.

1. alsetzer

alsetzer IncGamers Member

Reaching Burnout point. Need New Idea please!

Hey all,

I'm getting to the D2 burnout point. I've made and played up about all of the "popular" and "viable" builds that 1.10 has to offer (surprisingly finding that the Werewolf druid was my favorite), and I'm getting bored.

What I need are some ideas for those Unique builds. Y'know those chars that are good through Norm *(which ones aren't if a char cant get through norm difficulty the player has to have a big hole in his/her head...IMO). and Nightmare, and as a bonus, aren't completely useless in hell, but need some help to progress...

for instance, I did build a kick**s paladin cleric, who could pwn undead and heal all allies even in hell difficulty, but couldn't progress on his own. What are some similar builds? Someone fun as hell to play, but who isn't "cookie cutter"

A leaper Barb?
    A singer Barb? (that's only warcries)
    A spearazon?
    An Odd Paladin (there's too many options to name.)
    A Potion thrower?
    A bowbarb?

You get the drift (*I hope I've made it clear)

also, what would be mega rad is if some folks want to join me. We could build a party of misfits that somehow complement each other perfectly. I would LOVE to see a group of ragtag heros, none who really could get ahead in life, that could party on a semi regular basis and rock the vote.

Anyone have any suggestions for me/yourself? Anyone want to try? Give it some verbalization please.

My account name is Alsetzer (i.e. same as my diinet id) or Alsetzer1.
    I play USEast Ladder, and I am semirich enough to equip my char with most any unique that I need that is mid-high level (i.e. I can scrape a high lvl set together, but I cant go tossing stormsheilds and facets around). If we can get a functional/fun party together, I am more than willing to let my MF chache be spread for the good of the Misfit Party. (in other words, I'll share)
    I also play most evenings M-Thurs from abouts 10pm -3am CST in the US

What's the good word ladies and gents? Something worth thinking about? replies are most welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

So to wrap up Ideas for Ragtag fun characters for me are great! Ideas for a full fledged misfit party are even greater!!

Alsetzer :wave:

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Have you made a melee sorc yet?

3. alsetzer

alsetzer IncGamers Member

not yet, I'm guessing...

Enchant and Synergies
    Some Chillin type of armror with a synergy

What equip, Lots of DR gear/absorb etc to stay alive, something that hits really really fast, Probably a beast or something.

I could give it a shot I suppose.

Still lookin for more ideas if possible

I though about a BowBarbarian. Or Maybe a fendazon

Thanks for the suggestion! :flip:

4. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

well i had more fun than ever with the crushing blow dragon talon lightning traps assassin. It's just a build but I loved it ;)

5. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

you might wanna search for monjojerry's adventures of grizabella ( a melee sorc) either on the forum or in the guest articles section. he also had a real nice guide kicking around but the forum may have gobbled it up in that incident.

6. Jeda

Jeda IncGamers Member

Or you might play untwinked, builds are a lot more intresting if you don't preequip them. Also jumping off the baalrunning train is important, but I guess you do play the "real way" from what I read in your posts.

Further, if you are playing softcore, consider switching to hardcore for a new thrill

... sorry ... those aren't really new builds :scratch: for you I guess

7. ReturnofVape

ReturnofVape IncGamers Member

Has anyone tried making a melee sorc that uses doom?

8. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

I've always enjoyed the assasin....BFsin being my favorite. Still wanna try the sniper viper...though it isn't quite as good in v1.10, but you may wanna give it a shot. Also, if twinking is ok, that flaming rabies build looks kinda interesting too...Else, take a random skill and try to use it. Come up with a build on your own.

9. Materia

Materia IncGamers Member

I'd like to see someone come up with a viable melee Necromancer, or something along those lines.

10. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

look around in the necro forum for the "commandomancer"

11. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

Mantis is supposed to be coming out with a meleemancer sometime soon...and I thought that the commandomancer was supposed to be a summoner....