Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Re-Introduction and Hell Meph Runs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by adeadrat, May 19, 2005.

1. adeadrat

adeadrat IncGamers Member

Re-Introduction and Hell Meph Runs

Hello, I joined these forums about a year ago. I was pretty clueless not about D2 (i came from battlecrap 1337z0r!!11), but i thought that open bnet was the same as mp gaming here at this forum. I always wondered why people freely gave me bramble runewords and cham'ed/zod'ed helmets. Wow i was a moron. Well now I'm wiser and use almost all self-found items (a few traded onesas well). However, after a few months after some good times here I got tired of D2 because of RL and 'Other Games.' Now that I have more time on my hands I decided to give D2 a whirl, and well, look at me now :uhhuh: This time I'd also like to do a nice giveaway with the items i've been hoarding, about 700 at the moment. Soon people, soon!

Lately I've joined a few MP games and here are my current projects:
    Sakura (the first mat, and my pride and joy): Lvl ** Assassin (Chaos w00t) | Pheonix-Strike/WW
    Nautia: Lvl 86 Sorceress | Meteorb
    Marduk: Lvl 80 Barbarian | Dunno, was going for frenzy w/ 2 stormlash's as soon as i found a 2nd (like that'll happen) but now an IK barb i guess. Both ridiculous :evil:
    Serena: Lvl 76 Amazon | FA/LF
    HatianKiller: Lvl 63 Necromancer | Venomancer i believe its called
    Saterkias: Lvl 59 Paladin | Avenger
    Oni: Lvl 57 Druid | Fury/Rabies
    Muad-dib: Lvl 30 Druid | Elemental; wanted to go with armageddon to go with a themed build but ofr the life of me i cant figure out how to use the skill without using shock'n'awe tactics. might go with a windy if all else fails

So that is all for now except about those Hell Meph Runs.
    Upon reading someone posting their hundred runs, I was going to post my list of a hundred runs if anybody cares to see them.

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Welcome back to SPF! :thumbsup:

3. adeadrat

yeppers necro. took me a while to figure it out (that open = h4x) so i promptly threw away pretty much half my gear at the time and started over, hunting for items myself :uhhuh:
    anyway any tips on hosting giveaways? i have a rather large stash of 700 or so sets and uniques.

4. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

It's best to think of Armageddon not as the Druid's Blizzard, but more like the Druid's Thunderstorm. You cannot control who it hits and you can't depend on it as your main killing power. As long as you have adequate crowd control (shockwave or pets or crowd control items or MP, etc) it can help while you use another attack in melee range be it a spell (like FireStorm) or a melee weapon. Definitely don't follow Arreat Summit's advice of running around like a chicken with your head cut off.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Hi, welcome back.
    Before any giveaway, make sure that your MF characters didn't use any "Open BNET" items, so the items found by them are not tainted.

I have also done a 100 runs and I will post the results in Sir Lanksalot's thread.

6. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

welcome back!

:) matt

7. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

Welcome back!

Edit: Sakura is one of the best assassins names that I have seen around here, along Silhouette ^-^!

8. adeadrat

yes i remember posting the intro
    i can tell you have fears i may have tainted the pool but i assure you have not. i never play open anymore, and because i thought open stuff was legit (for the most part) i kept them :eek:. So no never seen any those fancy runes drop in sp :( (except for one as you will see shortly in another thread). Since then, as i said, i've rid myself of the tainted items in question. No need to continue this further ;)

Hrus: I will post my results as well on that thread.

9. adeadrat

No need to worry none of my other characters or stashes have used items from her when she had the said hacked items (was only for a few levels fortunately). After I ridded myself of those haxed items is different, but I am curious why it bothers you so much. BTW if a character EVER used a hacked item, even once to test something out or unbeknowst to the user, does anything that character acquires/does become "tainted"? I am not trying to cheat anybody or anything, just seems there are some gray lines in the SPF, and I am not sure where we like to dray the line :) . To me, it would be a shame to see all those items sitting there forever unused and abandoned :(

10. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Hey, welcome to the SPF!

As you can see ... sometimes it's a trial by fire around here ... but it's what makes this place a good place to hang out. Hope you enjoy the SPF.