Re-Introducing myself.

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
You can log out any time you like, but you can nerver leave.

Hi spf!

I’m Zarfen. I used to frequent this forum before, but now it’s been so long I can barely remember when. I signed up around when I started high school as a teenager. Now I’m north of 30, have a small family and work as an engineer - so much have changed but d2 stands the test of time :)

So I got the itch to play d2, and recently installed a fresh copy (old mule files and chars are long gone). Then I remembered this place! I immediately found value in the helpful guides and now have gomule and RWM up and running on the latest patch.

After lurking a few days I can see that the friendly spf spirit is still around, which is absolutely awesome. I even see a few familiar names around :)

My first project is a blizzard Sorc that I powered up to hell over the weekend. Currently level 76 and quested up to River of flame in act 4. Though most of her time has currently been spent in the ancient tunnels for experience. This will be a MF Sorc dedicated to running, probably the AT for starters.

Not sure what I want to accomplish yet during this return to the game. I’m looking to set some goals with at least a little ambition and make sure to finish some this time, since when I played before I remember having mostly half-leveled projects parked somewhere in nightmare. Might join some tournaments if there’s some interesting ones in the future.

Looking forward to interact with you, fellow SPF’ers!

Edit: I’m overwhelmed by all the kind greetings. You’re the best, SPF!

Last edited:

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back. Nice to see some other oldies coming back to the forums. :) You know the place, so drop by the EMB for some spam. It is quiet there, comparatively.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back! Can never go wrong with a blizz sorc restart! The untwinked 99ers tournament is a nice long-term one that a lot of new members (myself included) hopped right into. What kind of engineering do you do?

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back. Nice to see some other oldies coming back to the forums. :) You know the place, so drop by the EMB for some spam. It is quiet there, comparatively.
Hey Drystan, and thanks! :) see you at the EMB!

Welcome back! Can never go wrong with a blizz sorc restart! The untwinked 99ers tournament is a nice long-term one that a lot of new members (myself included) hopped right into. What kind of engineering do you do?
Hi Luhkoh, and thanks!
I read some of that thread and I’m very impressed. 99 always seemed like a stretch, but an Untwinked one? Kudos!
I guess my only char so far technically qualifies, so who knows!

I’m a mechanical engineer. Working mostly in 3D CAD software.

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice. I'm a structural bridge engineer myself. Haha yeah you never know how hard the bug will bite you on these tourneys. I joined that 99er tournament and set a goal of getting to lvl 90 by the end of 2019... and I should hit 98 by the end of the week :)

zemaj

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, its Zarf! WB

Any plans to revisit 1.07? Don't know if you noticed or not (kinda hard to if you read the first post of the current IFT) but the high ilvl crafting bugs was figured out, so now some really awesome things are actually possible...

Lol... I'm a machinist, so I know a little about your work...

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi Zarf, welcome back!
Hey! Thanks! Good to see you :)

Welcome back. I haven't played much myself lately but I'm sure that will change eventually.
Thanks! I totally get that. That's one great thing about playing old games is that they can't really get (more) outdated so it's fine to take breaks and pick up again whenever you feel like it! :)

Hey, its Zarf! WB

Any plans to revisit 1.07? Don't know if you noticed or not (kinda hard to if you read the first post of the current IFT) but the high ilvl crafting bugs was figured out, so now some really awesome things are actually possible...

Lol... I'm a machinist, so I know a little about your work...
Hi Zemaj! Thanks :)
I have actually not seen any reference to that yet so I guess I'll read up on that.
No current plans to time travel. I did some older versions last time I played and I never liked it tbh. But, you know, you'll eventually end up in most rabbit holes if you stick around long enough :rolleyes:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back !!!

+1 to joining the untwinked 99er challenge. I did so too, with a Blizz Sorc nonetheless. Never regretted it. Not even when doing those 10K+ Nihl runs needed for the last level. Ok, maybe a bit at times ...

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back !!!

+1 to joining the untwinked 99er challenge. I did so too, with a Blizz Sorc nonetheless. Never regretted it. Not even when doing those 10K+ Nihl runs needed for the last level. Ok, maybe a bit at times ...
Thanks!

Hmmm, well I guess it couldn’t hurt to enter (I guess this is how it goes). I don’t think I’ve ever ran 10k of anything with any character, so that would be a challenge...

Noodle

Good to see another old timer coming back around. You didn't bring Liquid Evil, Pyrotechnician, or BiPolarChemist with you, did you? Going to MP at all? I'm still on 1.13d, but could update to 1.14 if you want to do some Baal runs or something.

aitrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Ha! That's a name I remember. And that's a name I have to welcome back -- even though I am just an infrequent lurker these days.

Welcome back mate! :)