Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

(re)Intro - Howdy, y'all!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MarronShed, Jun 18, 2005.

1. MarronShed

MarronShed Diabloii.Net Member

(re)Intro - Howdy, y'all!

Some of you (a few... maybe) may remember me as trfinn12 - but I seriously doubt it. That's been oh, 5 years? Maybe only 4. Some, as TheMightyAahz or RedSnertz. Most won't remember me; I've never been a posting fiend.

(Note to AE or Kremtok - if those old accounts are still active, delete 'em and let me keep this one. Been so long, I have no idea of the passwords and I like this name better. Bonus points to the first person to identify the source, extra special bonus points if you can identify the shapeshifter that was introduced later in that same book.)

So, anyway, nearly a year ago I walked away from D2 in order to fully participate in the late pregnancy & birth of my son, Aidan Alexander. He's about 9 months old now, and continually amazing. :worship:

I'm starting to want a little dad time, and hey- why learn a new game when D2 is already here, and I know I like it? There's builds out there to try!

So, here I am. Haven't even looked at the forum yet to see who's around and how active it is, the install disk just stopped spinning and it's time to put in the LOD disk... so I'm back to the important task of installing the game.

Good to be back. :clap:

TRF

2. Kool69

Kool69 Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back :howdy:

Ah yes those lovely 5 minutes of the fresh smell of disk overheating as D2 installs *inhales deeply through nose* Ahhh... Gotta love it =D

3. MarronShed

Hah! It is as NOTHING to the overheating smell from the River of Flame as the Blood Maggot Young get flang into the swollen belly of the river!

*cough*cough*hrrr-hhmmmmm!*

I... think I'll go back to Edhtlaq's....

-trf

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back :wave: Can anyone ever really leave this place?

Congrats on the new son! :clap:

I remember you as TheMightyAahz :) I'll take a few minutes some day soon to clean up your history. ;)

5. Kool69

Kool69 Diabloii.Net Member

But you can't throw them.... wait.... HaXXXOR!!!!11oneonoen1o!!1!!!shift+one!!1

*cough* *cough*

Sorry for adding to the hijacking of this thread, I apologize :D

-Kool69

6. MarronShed

I don't throw them. I flang them. *looks down nose*

Peasant.

Apology *not* accepted. Intro threads are an open invitation to hijacking; If you can't succesfully hijack one then of what use are you?

Serious aside -
    yes in the past I've been a HAXXOOOOOOOR! using my 1337 XLS skillllz to mod thangs, and make the !PERFECT!ITEM!STASH! (why yes, you can have every item with every mod at the max possible value. Would you like 5 of each?) but it was a personal thing, never traded (AE, Krem - check the history if you like. I started modding, I quit posting) and if I do it again I'll drop out of the forums again.

I play for 2 reasons. First- to have fun. Second - to kill stuff. I'm back this time to have fun. Killin' for the sake of killin' is kind of boring, especially with the way life has changed in the last year. I don't have the spare time, to cite the least important reason.

If I'm having fun, then character death is part of the fun. I'm not sure my heart can take an HC death, but it sure can take an untwinked/legit traded SC one.

If I'm playing only to kill stuff, then I'll be doing it ultimate solo and won't pollute the trade scene. I won't be having a lot of fun either. *ominous music*

As far as trade goes, I doubt seriously I'm gonna be a great fount of items. I expect I'll have about 6 hours a week, max, to play for the forseeable future. Not the kind of schedule that allows a lot of MF runs. The generosity of new-found-friends, and the ever-mysterious WF, could change that though.

Anyway, I'm gonna go play.

-trf

(and reboot. damn MS updates keep annoying me...)

7. Sidhe

Sidhe Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome, or welcome back, to the SPF, MarronShed! :) You seem to be vaguely familiar, but that must be my lack of medication playing up again... :p

Mhmm, no need to point out the stickies to you... Nor the EMB, since you found it already. And i bet you checked out most of the rest as well, already. So i'll just leave you with this pair of Shimmering Shinguards of the Whale (ok, that was randomly chosen, what is it? plus resist and plus life?), make sure you wear them!! :)

8. Vargas

Vargas Diabloii.Net Member

SPF ni okaerinasai (welcome back to the SPF)!

@Sidhe san: All those shinguards... Aaaaargh!

*doesn't resist and kick MarronShed san shins, hurting own feet*

Grumble grumble :rant:

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*Laughs as vargas lies on the floor in tremendous pain.*
    As a expert in thread hijacking, i feel that the intro threads are for the following thing:
    • saying hello
    • kicking shins
    • gives full rejuvs to kicking victims
    • warning of the squid
    • kicking shins
    • asking opinions about toast (butter 1 side or both?)
    • kicking shins
    • flaming the n00bs
    • flirting with the new EU's (elite uniques = female D2 players)

10. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

^^ Uh huh. ;)

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the son! :thumbsup:

11. water_moon

water_moon Diabloii.Net Member

FB! you forgot teh cookies!

Welcome, MarronShed. Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant.

Might you be from the South? Well, I'm fixin' to tell you something that migh make your socks stand on end. The SPF allows minor mods. After much talk and no few flames, it was decided that some things (like getting rid for the FE bug) were not too evil, with restrictions, so you'll wanna read up on the details for yourself.

The youngin's a sweetheart, so if you want to drop him of in the EMB's EU lounge for a bit to let us play with him, I don't see much of a problem.

12. MarronShed

Hmm, for some values of south, yes. I grew up about a mile north of the Ohio river, on the north side so Indiana instead of Kentucky; little burg named Corydon; first state capital of Indiana, one of the places touched by Morgan's Raiders during the war between the states.

Now- SPF allows mods? for REAL? Wow. I'm going to look into how to get the FE bug taken care of.

Yeah, he's quite the apple of my eye. Cute, and the greatest disposition. SOmething has to be actually wrong for him to get cross. His normal expression is captured pretty accurately in the avatar.

Thanks, everybody, for the kind words! For now, I'm off to let my skellys kill some stuff.

Tom

13. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back to the SPF!