Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Re: Breaking Immunities, repost

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by sirri, Sep 7, 2006.

1. sirri

sirri IncGamers Member

Re: Breaking Immunities, repost

Sorry to ask these relatively simple questions and I did search about ten pages worth of posts to look for the answers. That being said, here goes:

I just recently acquired my first infinity for my light sorc and experienced the joy of breaking immunities.

1. Does cold mastery break immunities? I presume that it must not but I would like confirmation.

2. So, what does break immunities? Only conviction and lower resist?

3. Cold and fire immunes normally have immunities that are how high? 120? 130? So a paladin with a maxed conviction could break cold immune? (I am assuming that light immunes have lower resistances and thus can usually be broken, i.e. <117).

4. Is there anyway to effectively break most or all of the immunities to cold or fire?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

1. CM does not break immunities. However, it does lower cold resistance if a CI monster happens to have its CI broken by something else.

2. Conviction and Lower Resist both can break elemental immunities. Amplify Damage and Decrepify both can break physical immunities.

3. That varies. Check out Arreat Summit for specifics. Conviction is maxed at -150% to enemy elemental resistances. Which works at -30% at breaking immunities. This will break many FIs.

4. Many CIs have overstacked resistances of 140% and above. You will need both Conviction and Lower Resist working together to try to break such high CIs. Even so, there are a few CIs with cold resistances so high that they cannot be broken.