Razzum Frazzum SOJ

grossesexy

Diabloii.Net Member
Razzum Frazzum SOJ

I swear before pre-1.10 patch I had found probably 25-30 SOJ's in my time. Ever since then I have not found one. It's not like I'm specifically looking so no curse should be laid upon me but good lord, the odds should are in my favor to have found one by now. Especially with as much nightmare and hell andy as I run.

I've probably done about 800 nightmare andy runs and 1000 hell andy runs with no SOJ. Who here has the longest dry streak?

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
i only found two
one hunted from Nm andy
and another was dropped by hell pindle
both in 1,11. and now in 7 months of playing not even one

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
I've probably done about 800 nightmare andy runs and 1000 hell andy runs with no SOJ. Who here has the longest dry streak?
If we assume you have something like 400% MF, NM Andy drops a SoJ once in 1500 runs (if you first-drop bug her), while Hell Andy similarly drops a SoJ once in 2500 runs.

So.. You haven't exactly been unlucky. It's more that you simply haven't been lucky enough to find one with lower-than-expected runs :grin:

Mesuno

Diabloii.Net Member
What does 'first-drop bug' mean. I understand that Bosses give better drops first time you kill them but i've never heard of a way to make it repeatable.

VCrow

Diabloii.Net Member
What does 'first-drop bug' mean. I understand that Bosses give better drops first time you kill them but i've never heard of a way to make it repeatable.
Andariel is bugged and always drops as if it were the first time you kill her. You can confirm that this is so because she won't drop miscellaneous trash like gold, bolts, arrows, potions, and scrolls. Instead she will only drop magic, rare, set, and unique items plus runes. I don't remember off the top of my head whether gems are part of the quest drop or not.

grossesexy

Diabloii.Net Member
I should mention I've been playing D2 since two days before it released and I picked up the expansion the day it came out as well.

It's just ever since 1.10 my SOJ luck is wonky.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
You can do this with Andy. Just kill her and talk to Warriv before you continue to the next act. (Of course you automatically do this anyway in order to move forward with the game.) This will "bug" her drops for that difficulty level. If you want the bug to be active for the other difficulty levels, simply repeat the same process.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
I swear before pre-1.10 patch I had found probably 25-30 SOJ's in my time.
What version are we talking about? IIRC in one of the older versions (1.07?) when you have equipped the other 2 rings, every other unique ring found was a SoJ.

Today finding SoJ is not easy, you can check Atma for exact odds, but it's normal to not get one in the number of runs you have done.

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Hrus is right. At least before the expansion the unique rings spawned in order. You had to have the other two (Manald Heal and Nagelring) at least in your stash before the SOJ would drop, and then everyone was a SOJ.

The same happened with the amulets.

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
I swear before pre-1.10 patch I had found probably 25-30 SOJ's in my time. Ever since then I have not found one. It's not like I'm specifically looking so no curse should be laid upon me but good lord, the odds should are in my favor to have found one by now. Especially with as much nightmare and hell andy as I run.

For Your better feeling, i found my first ever just before 2 - 3 weeks after 4 Years playing and with nearly same number of runs...Source - NM Meph.