Razsagal's Melee Sorceress Guide 1.10 (repost)

RobClay

Diabloii.Net Member
werebear?

A naive question, but I've never built sorc's before, and this guide looks interesting. How do you acquire werebear? I can't see it in any of the skills listed. Is it in equipment? What am I missing? Thanks :scratch:

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
RobClay said:
How do you acquire werebear?
Beast = runeword

Ber + Tir + Um + Mal + Lum
Axes, Hammers & Scepters only

Level 9 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
+40% Increased Attack Speed
+240-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
20% Chance of Crushing Blow
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+3 To Werebear
+3 To Lycanthropy
Prevent Monster Heal
+25-40 To Strength (varies)
+10 To Energy
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Level 13 Summon Grizzly (5 Charges)

The other melee sorc weapon is the Passion runeword:

Dol + Ort + Eld + Lem
All Weapons

+25% Increased Attack Speed
+160-210% Enhanced Damage
50-80% Bonus To Attack Rating
+75% Damage To Undead
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
+1 To Berserk
+1 To Zeal
Hit Blinds Target +10
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
75% Extra Gold From Monsters
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12 Charges)

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick comment on 'Damage to Mana'. If done correctly, with the right % damage to mana, using the right items, casting TK at the right level etc. It is actually VERY effective against melee/physical attacks. I've tried it out in SP and it works like a charm .. however, using the specific equiptment to get the desired 175% DTM will leave your resistances hurting..

abtarkerpal

Diabloii.Net Member
actually, i was just about to post a meele energy shield werebear sorc guide, but i have to finish up some stuff first. I'm in the process of leveling a CB/ES sorc that depends on energy shield for tanking, so i can tell you that Damage Reduce, Damage goes to mana, and Resists are not practical when you have a 95% damage absorbing ES. Damage Reduced by X is much more useful if you dont have a lot of life. The key is to have a bunch of mana. ill try to post back tomorrow with my build idea.

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Just don't forget no matter your defense you'll have to watch out for Mana burn monsters, since they can kill huge Mana Shields in a few hits.

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
squigipapa said:
Just a quick comment on 'Damage to Mana'. If done correctly, with the right % damage to mana, using the right items, casting TK at the right level etc. It is actually VERY effective against melee/physical attacks. I've tried it out in SP and it works like a charm .. however, using the specific equiptment to get the desired 175% DTM will leave your resistances hurting..
With the skill levels, 3 anya quests, and the gear listed in my DTM guide
http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=245089
you will have 45 resist to every thing except fire in hell diff which will be maxed. You can suppliment this with a few resist charms and an anni if you want to. Again if you follow my guide, against physical attacks you get 75% block which stops all but 25% of the damage. Of that 25% at level 20 TK and level 14 ES your mana is unaffected or regains a bit more than you had and you take only 29% of the damage that was inflicted to your life. Thats the equivalent of a PDR of 71%. Iirc in patch 1.10 real PDR is capped at 50%.

Also for PVM many of the elemental attacks have physical damage components that are greater than the elemental damage. Rikstaker on the Barb forums tested DTM and these are his results:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=238739

Using the info from Rikstaker we see a sorc that can possibly stand up to GLOAMS. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. My DTM enchantress is level 42 right now and I don't have all the gear I need yet but should have by the time I get her leveled and into act 4 and 5 in Hell diff. I'll post with results when I get it tested.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Hmm, nice builds raised frm the pits here. Sticky for a while and adding to Sorceress Guide Library. :thumbsup:

AjustinMyJonson

Diabloii.Net Member
Instead of using beast for prebuff, then switching to BoTD, what if you just used beast as your weapon? Yea the damage would be less on the weapon, but you would have fanat to make up for it, plus additional IAS. I dont know the damage difference between beast and BoTD, since ive never had a BoTD, but i do think that the fanat aura would help make up for it and then some.

SpearULater

Diabloii.Net Member
Could you, if you are still even around, post an item guide that is cheaper than the one you posted. I know i'll never get 1/10th of the items you've posted.

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
SpearULater said:
Could you, if you are still even around, post an item guide that is cheaper than the one you posted. I know i'll never get 1/10th of the items you've posted.
Starting from scratch, with an untwinked blizzard sorc I made about 5 hi's on west NL in about 50 hours of playing. Money is easy to make in D2 if you set your mind to it.

And to AjustinMyJonson: you use BOTD because you can't make BEAST in a phaseblade.

xanth-1

Diabloii.Net Member
How well does the life leech on BotDwork in PVM with a melee sorc?
Doesn't Leech only work with Physical dmg? Just curious, any comment's are appreciated.
Oh, and could someone test the effectiveness of 6x shael'd Phase and a BotD phase? I'd do it, but I don't have all the gear I need yet.

dasbomba

Diabloii.Net Member
meleesorc

Well I have started melee sorc untwinked, Useast

I am now 17 level, and I have this Idea of building melee sorc with additional skill of spell frozen orb/blizzard.

what you think of that.

what skill for the attacking normal or zeal?

I wouldnt be using the Bear/wolf, because I want that my sorcie will look like female knight.

is it worth of using sigon full set with angelicks in begining of leveling the sorc?

I have the angelic rings 2x and amulet. I have full sigon on my other char.

and does those + fire dmg charms work in 1.11 so that they gain the +% from enchant.

so many questions cos I am new in here.

Flecolan

Diabloii.Net Member
why dont u use dream shield + helm and max light mastery? it gives 41K max lightning dmg, together with enchant, well just count the dmg.

kykle

Diabloii.Net Member
why does everyone suggest lidless as a shield for cta switch? spirit gives +2 skills, which is much better - just make it in a crappy low req shield

FrankWest

Diabloii.Net Member
Because Spirit was introduced in the middle of patch 1.10. Same with Dream, if I'm not mistaken. This guide is three and a half years old. :thumbsup:

Also, the lowest non-Paladin shield you can make a Spirit in is a Monarch - when isn't exactly low-req. :tongue:

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
why does everyone suggest lidless as a shield for cta switch? spirit gives +2 skills, which is much better - just make it in a crappy low req shield
Spirit can only be made in a Monarch shield, since that is the only one that can get 4 sockets...

Skullbash

Diabloii.Net Member
I was just in a duel game with a melee sorc that was bragging about having 95k Attack Rating that wasn't through her gear, but the build. Is 95k AR even possible with max dexterity?

deadbeater

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Razsagal's Melee Sorceress Guide 1.10 (repost)

Sigh another ladder build. Are there melee builds for realms besides the Titan?