Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ravisher's ginormous give-away

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ravisher, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Ravisher

Ravisher Diabloii.Net Member

Ravisher's ginormous give-away

Well it should still be as long as my characters aren't deleted.
    I'm giving away all my D2 accounts.
    That's right every last one of them
    All 12 (I think)

They're on Europe, mixed between ladder and non, all SC.

For a chance to win, simply answer these questions;

Which scenes were shortened in the DVD cut of "The Matrix" compared to the theatrical cut?

What does a Bose-Einstein condensate have to do with gravitic measurements?

Why am I so damn sexy?

Why should you have access to my rotting old accounts?

best answers (not nesscessarily correct ones) win :)

2. KaNdeeKiD

KaNdeeKiD Diabloii.Net Member

You should post this in the Give-away Thread, Its a sticky one......

I dun want ur accs or anything... Just havin fun with ur questions..

Which scenes were shortened in the DVD cut of "The Matrix" compared to the theatrical cut? Dun...-no.

Err...... -.- hmm.. i'll get it...... (dun eat cheese btw)
    Why am I so damn sexy? NEVER!

I saved the whales!

best answers (not nesscessarily correct ones) win........ I've already won.

3. jordy666

jordy666 Diabloii.Net Member

1. all the good scenes
    2. erm... this ? :D
    3. erm.. well... uh... let me think....
    4. I could use those items to finaly make more then semi-decent pvp chars and beat wurzak!! and we in holland also have bad weather :(
    answer to 3. well.. u got a scrambled hamster as ur tar!!

-jordy :rolleyes:

4. Ravisher

Have you ever been to Manchester? Pah for your bad weather. And it's a scrambled rabbit not a hamster :(

Other than that not a bad post. :p

Oh and the reason it's not in the giveaway's thread is that a) it's not a straight giveaway and b) If it was there it'd be all messed up with other posts and hard on my wittle eyes.

5. yhenon9

yhenon9 Diabloii.Net Member

1. Obviously, not enough scenes. in my opinion they should have cut out the following scenes :
    -all scenes with Keanu Reeves, his acting is so bad it's embarassing
    -all fight scenes, the 5 first minutes were good, then it was all of the same
    -all scenes with pseudo-metaphysical crap...
    They should have kept :
    -all scenes with Monicca Belucci
    -I'll edit this post if I can think of anything else...

2. I stopped following quantum physics after ... well after it stopped making sense to me. Every time I open a scientific book/magazine/website, it gets weirder. Good thing google was created. So, I am proud to announce that the Bose-Einstein condenste is a special state of matter in which the atoms are aligned in a particular way: they are "squeezed" very close together. Also atoms have the property of spinning on themselves, and when they are in the form af a Bose-Einstein condensate, the movement and the mass of the condenste creates a gravity force which is proprtionnal to the spin......Well what do you know...

3. That's an easy one. Obviously, it's the leopard skin G string :D

4. I have some effective solutions at home to prevent rotting. And your g-string is really turning me on now...

6. KnightFall

KnightFall Diabloii.Net Member

Hey Ravisher,
    I take it you haven't played for a while then if your acc's are expiring?

Anyway, onto answer...

Which scenes were shortened in the DVD cut of "The Matrix" compared to the theatrical cut?
    What? You mean to say I was ripped off when I bought the DVD!!!

*Hunts down the Wachowski brothers and demands extra footage*

-What does a Bose-Einstein condensate have to do with gravitic measurements?
    Isn’t it something to do with anti-grav? Too intelligent a question for me tbh. ;)

-Why am I so damn sexy?
    Because your Ravishing!!!

-Why should you have access to my rotting old accounts?
    Why shouldn’t I?

KnightFall

7. sjw7

sjw7 Diabloii.Net Member

1. The ones without any fighting in them
    2. I dont know i was off sick from school the day they covered that and i never caught up.
    3. When compared with who?
    4. Because you may have a non-eth set of quilted armor that i need because its a good alternative to an Enigma.

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

- I don't know, since I neither watched the theatrical nor the DVD cut. I was too busy rewatching Bambi !

It, uhm, measures them?
    Why am I so damn sexy?
    Because you're giving away stuff? Generous people got mucho sex-appeal ::wink wink::

Because I don't want Jordy to get them ^.^

HoD

9. -havok-

-havok- Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there!

Everything that would need an iq greater than 60 to understand, it reduces their audience appeal if stupid people can't understand it!
    Anything that resembled a story
    All the good fight scenes
    The scene where neo asks me for help escaping from his work place and I told him, in no uncertain terms, to F#@* OFF cos I was eating my lunch!

god knows. i've just spent about 15 minutes reading a load of articles etc. about BECs but now my head hurts, so dont expect the rest of my answers to be any good!

Why am I so damn sexy?
    its a combination of things, the nipple peircings, the obscene confidence of someone like peter stringfellow minus the lorry loads of grease, you live in manchester which as we all know is the sexiest place in england...i mean just look at the gallagher brothers..stunners!. and hey ! you play d2 and we all know how sexy RPGs are, hehe.
    just to prove how sexy you are, I was about to go into this nightclub the other night (in manchester) when this guys stops me and says "dont bother going in there m8, that Ravisher guy's in there and all the women have gone mad, its like an episode of jerry springer! hair pulling, scratching, the lot, best stay clear!"

Because they are rotting, I've got some tomatoe plants (at least that what I was told they were! :eek: ) that could do with some fertiliser! ideal!

also I've only played casters so far and am too scared to start a meelee build cos I've got basically no equipment for a melee char! nor do i have any runes/pgems to get anything. so I would love to have a play with a melee build to see I like it! ok, sorry thats a pretty crappy reason :eek:

oohhh by the way, in the unlikely event of me getting anything, i'd really love ladder, cos thats all I play :D

p.s. I'm in Cornwall and i bet we get just as sh1t weather, actually its probably worse, its pi$$ing it down outside, and i need to go to sainsburys to get some lunch, doh!

take care
    havok :cool:

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You should have asked me Rav...

That's how all seperate giveaways go now.

But I'll let this one go instead of locking it.

11. raiderjb

raiderjb Diabloii.Net Member

Hi di Hi

1 The ones with all the sex violence drugs rock n roll in. The censors always cut the good bits

2The creation of Bose-Einstein condensates has cast new light on long- standing paradoxes of quantum mechanics. For example, if two or more atoms are in a single quantum-mechanical state, as they are in a condensate, it is fundamentally impossible to distinguish them by any measurement. The two atoms occupy the same volume of space, move at the identical speed, scatter light of the same colour and so on.

Nothing in our experience, based as it is on familiarity with matter at normal temperatures, helps us comprehend this paradox. That is because at normal temperatures and at the size scales we are all familiar with, it is possible to describe the position and motion of each and every object in a collection of objects. The numbered Ping-Pong balls bouncing in a rotating drum used to select lottery numbers exemplify the motions describable by classical mechanics.

At extremely low temperatures or at small size scales, on the other hand, the usefulness of classical mechanics begins to wane. The crisp analogy of atoms as Ping-Pong balls begins to blur. We cannot know the exact position of each atom, which is better thought of as a blurry spot. This spot-known as a wave packet-is the region of space in which we can expect to find the atom. As a collection of atoms becomes colder, the size of each wave packet grows. As long as each wave packet is spatially separated from the others, it is possible, at least in principle, to tell atoms apart. When the temperature becomes sufficiently low, however, each atom's wave packet begins to overlap with those of neighbouring atoms. When this happens, the atoms "Bose - condense" into the lowest possible energy state, and the wave packets coalesce into a single, macroscopic packet. The atoms undergo a quantum identity crisis: we can no longer distinguish one atom from another.

The current excitement over these condensates contrasts sharply with the reaction to Einstein's discovery in 1925 that they could exist. Perhaps because of the impossibility then of reaching the required temperatures-less than a millionth of a degree kelvin-the hypothesised gaseous condensate was considered a curiosity of questionable validity and little physical significance. For perspective, even the coldest depths of intergalactic space are millions of times too hot for Bose condensation.

In the intervening decades, however, Bose, condensation came back into fashion. Physicists realised that the concept could explain superfluidity in liquid helium, which occurs at much higher temperatures than gaseous Bose condensation. Below 2.2 kelvins, the viscosity of liquid helium completely disappears - putting the "super" in superfluidity.

3 Ah easy one, because of your shirt, your too sexy for it

4 Well of course because I'm an old git who will prolly keep playin D2 when I'm in my wheelchair drinkin 2 pints of stout every night by my comp searching that elusive Tyraels that never drops

Gud Luk in real life. D2 is nothing but a destraction to ones real life

*Raiderla - play ladder and non

12. Cooked

Cooked Diabloii.Net Member

Matrix.....I agree with other poster who said 'keep the scenes with the Babe and delete the rest'!

What does a Bose-Einstein condensate have to do with gravitic measurements?...Well, when Mr Bose and Mr. Einstein drank two pitchers of very cold ale in a very warm pub, they got drunk but not plastered. Another pitcher of ale costs a quid and they had but a shilling-six* between them. What to do!!?? It was at that time they noticed the Condensate on the two empty pitchers. Being broke and rather drunk they decided to Lick the condensate off the pitchers. WELL!....that was just enough to get them three sheets to the wind and to the floor they went. Now we know that just the condensate on a pitcher of good ale is all it takes to overcome gravity when you are drunk!!

Why am I so damn sexy? Dude! How did you know! You never even met me! Say...could you let some of the girls over there know about me? I live in Arizona and need some new babes. It's slim pickins out here!

Why should you have access to my rotting old accounts? I live in Arizona and there is absolutely No reason to give me your accounts, even though you want to because I posted the BEST answer to the Condensate question!!

*Yes, I know England went to decimal currency back in 1970. I don't drink, didn't care much for the movie "The Matrix"

13. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt Diabloii.Net Member

1. All of it. I say its the worst film since the one my m8s made for a joke.

2. wot raiderjb said. :rolleyes:

3. Because...because... OH I GIVE UP :D

4. Cos I am in desperate need for gear for my smiter.

*Gosu-Hellbolt

14. BOMxSherrif

BOMxSherrif Banned

Nice thread!! Lets hope it doesnt mysteriously disappears! :) And good luck in a life apart from Diablo!

Stefan~

15. Ravisher

Aragorn, sorry Mea culpa.

To the rest, this thread has a day of life left in it before I announce the winner :)

16. wdjFreshest

wdjFreshest Banned

*laughs at the quilted armor crack*

17. Gorny

Gorny Banned

No biggie.

Carry on ;)

18. Ravisher

And the winner is Knightfall, you lucky monkey :p

See yer pm's :)

19. KnightFall

KnightFall Diabloii.Net Member

Yay! Thanks very much Ravisher. :)

Can't wait to get home and check out my loot!!! :)

Gogogo long bank holiday weekend of D2 endurance playing!!! :)

Hehe!

Cheers,
    KnightFall