Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ravens with what sub-class?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by John Denver, Mar 4, 2004.

1. John Denver

John Denver Banned

Ravens with what sub-class?

I read the thread about ravens and their damage, but really what buuilds would they go to?, one guy suggested the stomp werebear which sounds kind of like a neat support class, but is there any other sub-class that would fit well with maxed ravens?

2. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

Any sub-class that could benifit from the chance to blind target can make good use of ravens.

With good +skills gear and the Ravenlore helm, a Fire druid can have quite high level ravens with just one point invested in them, which can make life a fair bit easier in some situations.

Hunters can benifit from ravens too, as they help break up packs and to keep monsters at a distance from you.

A shockwave-based bear would benifit from them too, as they could blind those who the shockwaves misses, and the shockwave would also make the blinding more effective as it will force the enemy to make a new descion when the stun effect ends...

I'm not really sure if maxed ravens is ever nessisary... The chance to blind hits 100% against a monster of equal level at lvl 16. Though higher levels will increase the chances against monsters with a higher level than yourself... The damage is barely noticable in Hell (or even late normal) so it's really the duration (number of attacks) and the chance to blind that is effected.

I hope some of that rambling helped :D

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

You only need level 10-16 on Ravens, and you can achieve that with +skills and whatnot without investing too too much. Almost any build can benefit from this; it's up to you to decide whether you'd rather do more damage, have more life, or have a handful of stationary monsters everywhere you go :)

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Yes indeed,
    Any build will beneift from ravens. However, if you are asking who will maximize raven effect, a Shaman, Hunter, or Elementalist will do so.

Ravenlore gives +2 Druid, +7 Raven for a total of level 10 on raven for spending 1 point.

All the builds up top have been disccused so simply do a forum search or ask if you cant find it. However, searching would be best as the threads relating to such topics would be greatly enriching.

5. Ma3lstr0m

Ma3lstr0m IncGamers Member

What kind of strange Ravenlore gives +2 Druid instead of +3 Elemental? ;)

BTW - Do blinded monsters react when you cast Volcano under them? If they don't, that would make a great combination - Firebird Druid, Volcano&Ravens :)

6. Parapsycho

Parapsycho IncGamers Member

I guess that all dpends on your theme, but IMO any sub-class can benefit.
    This past Thursday, I was at the local gaming center, so I decided to play D2. I made an "Earth and Sky" Summoner. When I was done, I had a Level 15 druid with 10 points in Raven, and 5 points in Poison Creeper. It worked out as well as Id hoped, and offered an interesting effect, with the monsters being attacked from the air (ravens), and from below (poison creeper). The poison creeper is slightly faster than the ravens, so It would get there first, poison the monsters, lay down the poison mats, and start tanking, while the ravens showed up seconds later to finish them off.
    I really like the FireBird build idea. I might have to try that one out next. The problem I always had with Fissure (never tried volcano) is that the monsters would always walk away from it, but now If they are blind..... *devilish grin*

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ah well...
    Ravenlore is like something not to be had :(
    my friend found one 1% off from perfect -fire res and sold for 16.00 dollars, which was lower than most sold, i.e., out of reasonable range besides the small chance of finding it :(