Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ravens, resistance, and reliability OH MY!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by GiantForkOrSpoon, Mar 17, 2005.

1. GiantForkOrSpoon

GiantForkOrSpoon IncGamers Member

Ravens, resistance, and reliability OH MY!

I've been contemplating making a summoner druid but I need to get some facts straightened out before I even touch him.

Ravens and resistance - Does the raven give 5%resistance to all your minions past lvl2 or does each creature give itself 5%resistance per level past lvl2? Do plus skills add more resistance or does it function like telekinesis where only real points work. I've seen mixed results in forums and guides and I want the answer from someone who has tested this all through.

Secondly, just curious, is a summoning druid viable in hell mode? Do PIs equal autolose?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums:)

As far as I understand it each minion receive additional resistance as they receive more skill points... points in raven won't add resistance to wolves+bears. A summon druid is viable just not one of the most powerful builds out there.. Your grizzly/wolves together with might mercenary and Heart Of wolverine should generate quite a lot of physical damage... If you have acces to some of the cool aura runewords (Beast, Pride), it would definitely kick ass. As for PI's they are difficult to take down but certainly not impossible... there are several options..

Get a backup elemental skill
    Get rabies
    Use a weapon (bow) on switch with high elemental damage
    Run away

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Forums!!! :D :D :D

I think Chimaira has the summoning stuff right. And yes, Summoners can be very viable in Hell. Amplify Damage charges will help deal with PIs.

4. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

even better, since you are going to be hiding behind your wall of minions, why not pump dex and ar along with your minions + skill and use some lacerator winged axe action, chance to cast a decent level amp damage will ruin any pi group's day

phelix

5. WiseGuy

WiseGuy IncGamers Member

I'm currently playing a hunter (summoner that uses bow) and having good results. I have enough in strength for equip and rest in dex...intend on maxing HoW, Dire Wolves, Grizzly, and Cyclone Armor. A personal touch is putting the rest into Hurricane which boosts Cyclone Armor, adds cold damage, and slows monsters in proximity. WWS is the most often recommended bow.

There are two main options for countering PI's. If you don't mind using a crossbow, a Buriza adds significant cold damage, with the added bonus of a piercing attack.

Echoing Phelix, throwing weapons are also an option, but Lacerator's small stack size (25) and reliance on physical damage usually results in people preferring Gimmershreds, which have large elemental damage and a stack size of 60. Since it's one handed, you can equip a Tiamat's Rebuke for a shield and add even more elemental damage.

6. GlennDanzig220

GlennDanzig220 IncGamers Member

Lacerator's stack size is 180, and they replenish. Glimmershreds' stack size is 240.

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

See this thread for summon info, post #8 for resistances, and Eradan posted his spreadsheet for summon stats.