Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ravens/Poison Creeper Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Parapsycho, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Parapsycho

Parapsycho IncGamers Member

Ravens/Poison Creeper Druid

Right now, My druid is level 16. He's doing pretty well. Im really enjoying this build. My skill set up right now is:

Ravens 11
    Poison Creeper 5
    Oak Sage 1

This build is really interesting and alot more powerful than one would think. Granted, Raven and PC arent godly skills by themselves, but when you put them together, they work well off of each other. My Leveling scheme so far has been to put 2 points into Raven, then 1 point into PC. My PC is starting to fall behind, so I think I might catch it up to ravens, and then alternate points between them.
    My plan is:
    20 Raven
    20 PC
    20 Oak sage

What other skills do you think would be good?

After this, I plan on trying the Firebird build (maxing Raven, Fissure, and Volcano)

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Well I'm not sure how far those skills will take you, but I'd start going for either some other summons, or elemental skills next. I think some Dire Wolves could benefit you, for sure. Fissure is also a good choice.

Good luck!

3. Parapsycho

I think they will probably get me to the end of normal. Ireally hate to say it, but after that, I dunno how effective it will be. Im going to max my primary skills, and if that doesnt work out, then I will probably start over with my fissure/raven druid

4. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

my advice would be to drop ravens, and pick up spirit wolves, throughout normal, and alot of nightmare the ravens will serve you well, but when you get to hell you'll be wishing you had those points to spend elsewhere.

5. Parapsycho

well, I started my FireBird build. Im using the rvens just for their blind skill. I figure Ill wait for the to blind, then cast fisure under the blinded monsters. add that to a cold arrow merc, and it could do rather well.

Anyone know how leveling ravens affects their chances to blind? Ill probably go with 5-10 in ravens.

6. TheGreatStickels

I THINK its lvl 16 where they get 100% chance to blind monsters at your lvl.

don't quote me on that though, I could very well just be horribly confused

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok IncGamers Member

I have heard that ravens will work pretty well when they are at level 17. About ten points should be enought if you have some +skills. You can also put just few points to raven and use that ravenlore to gain nice raven boost.

8. Parapsycho

yeah, was thinking about that. Ravenlore has pretty high reqs. I think its clvl 76 and 117 Str. But that would be good to use. Considering re-vamping my firebird build, and starting to level ravens earlier. I can get lvl 10 ravens by the time I get Fissure...

[edit] Im not sure if this is how thegame works, but if ravens chance to blind increases untill it hits 100% at slvl 16, that means that their chance to blind is slvl * 6.25 (until slvl 16), so at slvl 10, ravens have a 63% chance to blind a monster at your level.
    Not too bad. Now I have to figure out how te chances are affected by the monster being above or below your level, not that the exact numbers really matter that much.....

9. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

:evil:

But he's right. I nabbed the table off another forum, I hope it has the author on it cause I can't remember who made it: table

hang on... damnit...

hot poop, I can't get it hosted :(

both of the sites I normally use are down for no apparent reason, and geocities is being an *** :rant:

10. Parapsycho

Update: My FireBird druid (Named FireBird, how original.... :) ) Is now level 11. He has 9 points in Raven, so they blind lvl 9 monsters 56% of the time.
    So far I have been using MB. My ravens will blind a group, and I will bowl them over. Its really quite fun. Next level, I will get Fissure, and then Diablo and his minions will pay...... :D

11. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Go underpowered, go arctic blast + cyclone armor + the rest in hurricane after 20 oak/raven/psncreeper

Maybe ditch poison creeper as that is REALLY worthless, hate to say it though :(

Hey it might actually be worthwhile now that i think about it! Get a strong might mercenary or something, leave hurricane on and arctic blast away. On cold immunes use your superpowered lvl 1 tornadoes and mercenary. That helm with +7 raven & 3 elemental skills should be fun.

Question: do ravens/psn creeper teleport with you if you teleport? I can see a pvp future in this :teeth:

12. Parapsycho

Well,
    Ravens have a range that is wider than the screen, and they usually Keep atacking a monster until it is dead, so I dont know if that strategy would work in PVP....

Edit:
    Now that I think about it, ravens dont teleport like other summons. They arent counted as minions. If you do run out of their range, they will fly back to you. If for some reason you were able to teleport more than 1 1/2 screens away, they would most likely either dissapear, fly from wherever they are, or teleport to the edge of their range then fly in.

13. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

For "If for some reason" read instead "If you are a cheating **** and are using maphack" :drool:

14. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

I dont get it. How would maphack allow you to teleport more than a screen and a half away? :scratch:

15. TheGreatStickels

*kills soepgroente in the face*

the poison creeper is the KING of all skills

16. fuseslot

fuseslot IncGamers Member

it sounds interesting
    but it work in hell :scratch:

17. TheGreatStickels

it might work in hell, never say it won't unless you've tried it, different playing styles and patience can do amazing things.

18. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

It dies in 1 hit and does no damage.

Woot :D

19. TheGreatStickels

almost nothing ever hits it though, 75% of the time its out its immune to damage, and it allways gets at least one hit off, and leaves a poison mat to poison more things.

and yes, it does damage, and it seems to be significantly more than the listed amount.

20. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I think this is very interesting. I've never heard of a firebird build. But I like the fact you are trying to use the worthless druid skills and make them do something.