Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ravens have hidden "levels"?!?!?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Tam Snotthrower, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Tam Snotthrower

Tam Snotthrower IncGamers Member

Ravens have hidden "levels"?!?!?

from www.battle.net/diablo2exp
    the updates lists new info about Ravens:

"A Raven's level is equal to Your Level - 2 + the skill's level Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf and Grizzly: All three of these skills gain +5 resistances to all per level, beginning at level 2. For example, a level 6 Grizzly will have (6-1) * 5 = 25 resist to all. "

I can't make sense of this. Does this mean that Ravens have "hidden" levels like skeletons? Does anyone know more about this? I'm not talking about blind, everyone knows about that. What do the levels change?

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I'm guessing that chunk of text should be formatted so:

Am I right? It reads smoother this way, and makes more sense. ANd it would mean what you say, I think.

3. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

i'm also thinking if it also affects the length of the Dim Vision curse they inflict on monsters

4. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Wrong there Proud. (Unless B.Net made the error themselves)

He copied it space for space. http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/druid-summoning.shtml#raven

Very Interesting...

"Raven's level is equal to Your Level - 2 + the skill's level Spirit Wolf, Dire Wolf and Grizzly"
    So with a lvl82 Druid, lvl20 Raven/Spirit/Dire and Grizzly, the Ravens level would be: 80 + 80 = 160.

That would offer 171 Hits with a Damage of 161-163... Is this actually possible?? The Damage is nice, but it Seems So Strange.

The next part would mean, imo... That Dire/Spirit and Grizzly each have hidden Resists.

To find their resists:

(Skill lvl - 1) * 5 = Resist All

Weird kind of Synergy, I'm guessing. Actually adding Skill levels as opposed to increasing Damage, hits or anything else.

Definitely unusual when it comes to the Ravens... Maybe someone else can see a meaning there that I don't. Or we're over analysing another typo.

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Their level affects their chance to Blind yes, but I'm not sure on the length.

I'm just confused about the tangent it takes about the SW, DW, Grizzly thing there. That seems to have nothing to do with Ravens...

Edit: I saw it was space for space, but maybe that was a copying error on their site? That just doesn't seem right...

6. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

chance? any numeral representation? :D

7. themonsterometer

themonsterometer IncGamers Member

I wonder if Skill Level is only base like synergies, or if it's after all +skill items.

8. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

Maybe the pets suffer from hell resist penalties too then... otherwise they should be immune to all elemental attacks by lvl 21 in all three difficulties. Unless their resists are capped at 75% too...

Bah! I don't know :(

I'm thinking that is a typo though, there should be a line break in there.

9. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

resistance is capped at 75% nuless you use items to remove those caps. Bears and Wolves can't wear items, so their cap stays at 75%.

10. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

Juz wondering is the chances to blind 100% for all lvl of ravens or only above a certain lvl??

11. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

you guys reading into it too much

ravens now get higher blinding chance based on your level
    grizzlies and wolves are just like any other pet(valk, shadow master etc) and get resistances based on the skill, they are unaffected by the resist penalties...
    therefore, ravens will have the chance to blind as your level char with +1 blind, and a level 20 bear/wolves will have 95 resist to all(barring lower resist/conviction etc)

phelix

12. Tam Snotthrower

Tam Snotthrower IncGamers Member

For skeleton mages the hidden "level" has to do with their damage, etc.

Most of you may not know this but Ravens deliver critical hits. Maybe their chance to do this increases as the hidden level goes up?
    As far as blind, my level 27 Ravens always blinded in Hell.

I don't think minions have a 75% resistance cap like players. I know Iron Golems are by default immune to poison and can have 100% in their resists.

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

75% is for fur things im near certain of this fact. if you use a res all pally aura, they go fully immune supposedly. skellies i know its definitely the case.

But ravens, what the heck do they do? i thought it was like if you have them around 15+ level they have a near always chance to blind same level monster as you.

whats with: synergies of other animals and critical hits?

id be interested more in them if this were so, ya know?