raven question

futurewatch

Diabloii.Net Member
raven question

i had a question about ravens. i was in a pvp game and was walking back into town when i get into town i notice over half my life is gone and that the damage came from this guys ravens. i asked him and he said they were lvl 42 and did 3000 dmg. i asked to see his gear and saw he had a weapon with 6 perfect facets in it and his armor had 4 perfect facets. i am really bored on diablo so i decided to make a summon druid. i was wondering two things.

A) how did he get his raven dmg so high? (maybe facets help)
B) does concentration or heart of wolverine up raven dmg?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
impossible, ravens cannot do that much damage. I used a skill calculator and at lvl 102 they only deal around 100 dmg. And there are no synergies.

At lvl 42, the ravens should do around 43 damage. With heart of the wolverine (assuming that its also at lvl 42) the damage percent should only be 300% so ravens would only do 120 damage.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
On the same topic... is there a % to hit with ravens? Like, how does defense factor into their ability to hit an opponent? Or do they automatically hit?

psuedoenviro

Diabloii.Net Member
A bunch of facets in his armor and weapon? You sure he didn't use rabies? Ravens are just a distraction in pvp. They are not affected by Auras or HoW. At lvl 42 they each do 44 damage. So lets say they all hit you at once, that would be 220. Now add in pvp penalty for minions and your dr. Math doesn't work out to where they do more than a few points of damage.

futurewatch

Diabloii.Net Member
i couldnt really figure it out either. the only summons he had out were ravens and he was just in town so it wasnt him attacking. i know i lost a ton of health in a matter of seconds and the only thing around were his ravens

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
darn you Blizzard, why didn't you give raven a big synergy, or 2? :(
Why didn't you give them 4 points of dmg per skill lvl, instead of just 1?
Why didn't you allow them to get affected by HoW, Fana, Might, Conc?
Why didn't you create a unique weapon called Ravens Tamer with +9 Ravens and "Increases Ravens' dmg by 15%", a few resists and life?
Ravens look awesome but they might very well be the most useless skill around :(

Onto the topic, 3k dmg ravens is purely impossible, unfortunately. Else, i'd have build a Master of Ravens long ago! :(

Why, Blizzard? Why?

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Speaking of Ravens, I've noticed that some builds, like electricblue's hybrid guide, suggests 1 point in Raven and no points in further skills. (Oak Sage doesnt require prereqs and is the only other skill in the summoning tree)
How come?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Evil Monkey said:
Speaking of Ravens, I've noticed that some builds, like electricblue's hybrid guide, suggests 1 point in Raven and no points in further skills. (Oak Sage doesnt require prereqs and is the only other skill in the summoning tree)
How come?
Well although Spirit Wolves are the most effective in minion stacking next to the Bear, I heard that Ravens make a lot of ppl go in their Block frames, stalling them for about couple frames TOTAL if each Ravens manages to get a good deal of hits out of em.

Ofcourse, they do no where enough damage to make your opponents go into Hit Recovery frames.

Facets in Armor + Weapon... but not shield... and all PERFECTS? I would think that he was Rabies and you just didn't see the Poison Creeper underneath or something of the sort... why someone with 10x perfect Facets put points into Poison Creeper while they're Rabies I would not know... maybe he still was wearing Carrion and using charges? :rolleyes:

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
HardyZ said:
darn you Blizzard, why didn't you give raven a big synergy, or 2? :(
Why didn't you give them 4 points of dmg per skill lvl, instead of just 1?
Why didn't you allow them to get affected by HoW, Fana, Might, Conc?
Why didn't you create a unique weapon called Ravens Tamer with +9 Ravens and "Increases Ravens' dmg by 15%", a few resists and life?
Ravens look awesome but they might very well be the most useless skill around :(

Onto the topic, 3k dmg ravens is purely impossible, unfortunately. Else, i'd have build a Master of Ravens long ago! :(

Why, Blizzard? Why?
YA some of those are actually very nice. I would get rid of the vines and replace them with ravens the some sort of small half before going to a dire eagle or something.

Sszark

Diabloii.Net Member
I have. I used to have level 27 Ravens in 1.09. I lost that character, though. Ravens are useless, sadly.

bruthor

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there a possibility that raven can get crushing blow or elemental damage or something from the casters gear? Guess not.

There are lots of damage-dealing auras out there. If he have both for example defience and holy shock, then you could be seing only defience, but take damage from holy-shock. I do'nt know. 3k raven damage is impossible as far as I know, I just give you suggestions :D

Were the facets poison? If not they can be making a damage aura much more effective.

Not a bug?
A cheat?
Open battle?