Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

raven frost

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by slap, Jun 2, 2005.

1. slap

slap IncGamers Member

raven frost

hi..my level 81 h/core untwinked bowamazon is struggling with being frozen. i need to find a ravenfrost soon or else i am sure this will be her downfall.
    so...my question...are there any lucky area's or boss'es that might drop me one.

raven frost is the only item that she could fit in..all my other items are needed for there resistances.

thx.

2. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Andariel has an increased chance to drop rings and amulets. Though it has to be said that even with the increased chance, it is slim.

3. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Honestly the best way of getting a Raven is to cube Pgems.
    Low Raven goes for like 8 pgems, and you will definitely get 8 pgems before you actually find a Raven yourself.

4. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

but that would be twinked then...

5. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

I find ravens all the time and I dont mf or anything, so I think of them as pretty easy to find, hope you find one soon :D .

6. kama

kama IncGamers Member

If you are on east,Ill be happy to give you one.

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Since you are playing a bowazon, I suppose you have Slow Missiles, Decoy and Valkyrie, and probably a melee merc too, right? So you shouldn´t get hit on a regular basis if you play carefully. But as we all know, some situations do tend to get tough and dangerous and you´ll get hit. However, that shouldn´t happen often.

If I was in your situation, I´d keep one column of Thawing potions in my belt. Drink one when you get chilled during your 'escape'. If you still haven´t managed to escape when you have used all 4 Thawing potions, I doubt CBF would have saved you anyway...

8. slap

slap IncGamers Member

jiansonz...no i don't have any of those spells or the melee merc. she still has the bowamazon i was given in the first act. my build is destroying the monsters in hell, but like i said, she is being caught out by being frozen. ranged attacks and in some instances close quarter combat she cannot help but be hit. these hits seen always to be cold enchanted. i have had two very lucky escape's..i know or i have a feeling that cold will be her downfall. since i first posted i have found a unique helm with 'cannot be frozen' but it is -4 light radius. if i use this helm some of my resistances will go minus. the loss of the residances is too much i think..so i will be bining the helm. it seems all what i can do is carry on and just hope my luck stays with me.

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

From Tankazon's:

Cannot Be Frozen Items

Cham Rune (in helm/armour)
    Cham Rune (in shield)
    Eternity Melee Weapon
    Rhyme Any Shield
    Arctic Gear (Complete)
    Death's Guard Sash
    Heaven's Brethren (Complete)
    Hsarus' Defense (Complete)
    Trang-Oul's Girth Troll Belt
    Darksight Helm Basinet
    Duriel's Shell Cuirass
    Hawkmail Scale Mail
    Kira's Guardian Tiara (Ladder Only)
    Raven Frost Ring
    Rune Master Ettin Axe (Ladder Only)
    Sureshrill Frost Flanged Mace
    The Gladiator's Bane Wire Fleece
    The Jade Tan Do Kris
    The Spirit Shroud Ghost Armor
    Tyrael's Might Sacred Armor (Ladder Only)

If you're killing okay in Hell, you shouldn't have a problem getting gems to trade for a Raven. If you want to MF it yourself, even normal Baal gives pretty good odds but Hell Andariel should be the best shot. I like Normal Baal because also has one of the better chances of dropping a SoJ. Not too likely but that's where I found my first legit one.

10. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

i have found 2 ravens during andy runs i hell. Btw i have a raven 16/195 for trade if u want one.. ill take 10pgems for it ;)

11. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Well there's your problem right there! Do you have any points in Dodge, Avoid, or Evade? A bowazon is always going to be a fragile character and having no tank(s), and no means of blunting ranged attacks is just asking for it.

Forget CBF for a moment and put some points into getting a valk (and a2 merc). That alone will reduce the frequency of deaths signficantly since right now the only thing between you and the monsters is well, your arrows.

12. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

well if your on west US
    i have an 18/242 ravenfrost =)

13. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Let's hope the frequency of deaths remains unchanged. :lol:

But seriously, if you're getting a lot of resistances from your helm, maybe you could use a Kira's Guardian instead. 50-70 all resist, CBF, and 20fhr, but no other mods of note (especially skills, ias, and leech).

14. slap

slap IncGamers Member

thx

hi...thx to the people who offered me a rf..but as others have seen, she is 'untwinked'. this lady can only use what she finds in the game. i did some 'searching' on this site about rf's...and...it does seem that hell andy is the best place(just like someone mentioned). so, today i will return to act1 and try some runs on her..lets hope she does'nt drop the same garbage as she did the first time.

thx to all... :)

15. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Just to cool you down a bit... Hell Andy so far haas never dropped a Ravenfrost for me. Unless you are very lucky you'll need a lot of runs to even get a unique ring (and I would assume a "run" isn't really a run for you, since you'll most likely kill stuff along the way --- which can yield Ravens as well, of course), and then you need more luck so it doesn't turn out to be a Nagel.

Just because a monster has a good chance to drop something doesn't mean it will happen anytime soon. And just because a monster has a bad chance to drop something doesn't mean it can't happen today. In general, it's a bad idea to concentrate on killing one monster/one type of monster hoping to get one particular item --- but, of course, Andy can drop other items as well.

16. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

That's a bad idea for an amazon not to have any kind of tank. Level 81 is not super-high, I'm sure you'll get 83 easily. Use theese 2 skillpoints on Decoy/Valk!!! With only 1 point and, say, +5 to skills they will still die often, but it's much better to have them at low level, than not to have'em at all.
    While I was playing LF/Poison amazon I turned quick casting of decoy and valk into aoutomatic reflex every time I see an enemy.
    Even with lots of knockback/chance to flee using Valk/Decoy will make avoiding monsters much easier. Just let the summoning Valk/Decoy become your first reflex on monsters.
    Just a little advice.
    And also I beleive that an A2 merk with good aura will be better for you than A1 Rogue, which doesn't offer anything extra than just a little bit more firepower. Still it's my opinion and you're free to disagree with me.

17. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

If you insist on using a bow merc, check the new bow runewords available. Even a cheap EDGE runeword gives a nice thorns aura. Harmony would be a good choice too with it's vigor aura and some very nice elemental damage. These are available on single player or ladder (not realm non ladder).

Good luck!

18. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

These are not available single player, only closed ladder realms.

19. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

I've found a raven couple of times from hell Countess.
    She can drop runes up to LO (slim chance though, my highest from her is GUL) as well so why not try her some time? :p
    Good luck.

20. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

This is generally true, although there is a mod which activates the new runewords. Check out the Single Player Forum, which recently became mod-friendly.

- Noodle