Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Raven Frost ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Gorny, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Raven Frost ?

If Ravenfrost has the mod "cannot be frozen", how in the blazes can you still be frozen/chilled ??

2. FenRiR

FenRiR IncGamers Member

maybe with holy freeze , this aura always froze and chill even if you have this mod.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Maybe, but I usually notice this from a monsters effect. not in pvp, since i do not pvp.

4. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Holy Freeze is the only way to freeze players that "Cannot be frozen".

Holy Freeze freezes everything within its range no matter what.

Monsters can have Holy Freeze too.

5. FenRiR

FenRiR IncGamers Member

some uniq monster have the aura u know

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Sounds about right. Used one in 1.09, have not yet gotten said ring in 1.10.

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Everything except act bosses, that is.

But yeah, If your still getting slowed by cold with Cannont Be Frozen items on, it's Holy Freeze. Heh, I learned that the hard way when I first equiped a CBF item to fight Duriel.

Since some uniques spawn with Auras, and Holy Freeze is an Aura, it's possible for one of them to have it too.

8. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I honestly have not tested on act bosses. Are you sure that is true? I ask because I know they can be frozen by other attacks and skills. Well, I at least Mephy can be frozen, and I think Andy and Duriel as well. I'll test right now... with skills, that is (don't have a Freeze Pally or Doom).

9. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

The "chilling" effect from Holy Freeze iirc is not a cold effect, it turns your character blue and slows you down as if you were hit by ice but the game code is not ice damage/effect. I believe it works the same way as Cleglaws does.

As far as act bosses being chilled/frozen....I don't believe you can freeze any of them (I don't think you can even freeze normal unique monsters). Where freezeing them actualy stops them dead in there tracks. But you can Chill just about any monster, as long as it's not cold immune, I believe this includes act bosses. Whether Holy Freeze works against act bosses I"m can't remember. The hammerdin I'm playing currently has a HF merc but everything dies too quickly for me to really care if its been slowed and I havn't run act bosses for a few weeks.

10. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, act bosses can be chilled by cold attacks, but they usually don't last more than a second, so unless you have something like a Hurricane up, don't expect to get much use of cold spells to slow them down.

11. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Well, Holy Freeze changed in 1.10, and it now does actual cold damage. I'm not sure how this works against act bosses, but I would assume it could freeze (when I say freeze I mean turn blue and slow down and deal cold damage, as true freezing doesn't occur often) act bosses just like any other cold attack.

12. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

If I'm not mistaking.....Holy freeze did change in 1.10 to add some periodic cold damage, but it's still a slow effect that slows them not the cold. The periodic cold damage gives you a chance to shatter most monsters though. I'll check latter to make sure that it hasn't been completly converted to a cold effect. I'll just find some cold immunes and see if they turn blue/move slow with my mercs aura arround.

13. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Holy freeze will chill every monster in the game save a select few. For instance, Holy Freeze will not chill those frenzy lords in act 5.

14. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member