Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rauni - a untwinked hardcore assassin.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by aether, May 3, 2008.

1. aether

aether IncGamers Member

Rauni - a untwinked hardcore assassin.

… Who am I? Rauni the lost child that has been raised in the Rogue Encampment of Akara is trying to reveal her past. Why is a Assassin being raised by Amazons? What happened to my family? Rauni hopes that she will learn more about her past by travelling the world while slaying the evil creatures. Rauni never had interest in killing creatures with bows nor javelins she’d rather trap her enemies and slowly cripple them to death.
    Akara has decided that it is time for Rauni to find out the truth about her past.
    ...and so the story begins...

Rauni the trapper Assassin.

Well there you go.. My first attempt at a cheesy roleplaying intro for my first diablo2 SP character, Rauni, an untwinked trap-assassin. :tongue:
    It’s been nearly 2 years since I played Diablo2, after playing Ragnarok Online and World of Warcraft the time has come for me to return to Diablo. So today I finally bought a new set of D2+LOD and installed it.
    I’ve tried multiplayer but it’s still as ruined as ever by dupes/hacks. So I will be playing singleplayer instead. :smiley:

I’ll be using the following rules for my single-player progress:
    - Hardcore.
    - Untwinked. (only self-found items/equipment may be used)
    - /players 8 whenever possible.
    - Atma is allowed as an extended stash.
    - RWM (Runeword MOD) is allowed for the ladder runewords.

That’s all! Hopefully I’ll be able to progress nicely through the game. I’m sure you’ll see me posting updates in the future. :grin: Back to lurking for now..

//Aether

2. Melchior3

Melchior3 IncGamers Member

Re: Rauni - a untwinked hardcore assassin.

Awesome, HC and untwinked both rule. i found killing verrrry slow with my HC untwinked MA sin, but traps should be alot more forgiving, best of luck!

3. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

Good luck on your character and welcome.

Are you planning on playing single-pass as well? (all the true HC players play that way :wink3:)

4. aether

aether IncGamers Member

Good point, I might. :smiley: it does add a lot to the challenge/fun factor.

5. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

Personally, I don't see a lot of difference between twinked and "I ran Baal a 1000 times to get some good equipment before moving on". So go with the single-pass.

Do you have a plan for your skill points? I have a Trapsin in my group of 7 HC characters I am currently playing and I have been very indecisive about what I want the final build to be. Right now, I am planning on maxing LS/DS/FB/CBS and have one point in Fade, CoS, BoS and SWarrior.

Have you considered using the blog for recording your progress? That's what I am doing. If you were to blog your progress, I would be interested in reading it to pick up tips.

6. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Good luck with your sin. Trappers are loads of fun and safe.

I've had many a HC char die doing runs for better gear, so it's not as easy, but single pass is quite classy.

7. HC Gunther

HC Gunther IncGamers Member

Making Guardian is quite an accomplishment regardless of how the person played. My order for how impressive I find a Guardian is:
    1. Tourney Guardian
    2. Untwinked, single-pass Guardian
    :
    : big drop
    :
    3. Untwinked Guardian
    4. Twinked Guardian

8. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

For me the big drop occurs in between numbers 3 and 4. A twinked Guardian is pretty much a SC character that didn't die while questing, which is fairly easy (well easy compared to untwinked HC).