Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rate this unique Jewel plz

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Rate this unique Jewel plz

I should use the trading forum. I know that pefectly well. But I think this item may be closely related to Venomancers.

I found this unique Jewel today. It's dropped by Hell Diablo.

Rainbow Facet

100% to Cast Level 51 Poison Nova when you die
    +37 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
    -3% to Enermy Poison Resistance
    +4% to Poison skill damage

Is it good? I've never seen it before. What can I have for trading it? I really really suck in trading and I don't to be ripped off again.

2. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Thye are very good. But they are mostly used by Assa's for Venom :uhhuh:

But they are worth quite a bit, not sure exactly how much though.

3. Cerebron

I need Mara's ammy. I'm not sure if I can make a trade with this Jewel. I need some advice from a D2 economist.

4. Siguesigue

Siguesigue IncGamers Member

On €uropa, a 3/4 Poison Facet would probably not get you a Mara :(

5. bjb0mb3rz

bjb0mb3rz IncGamers Member

On West Non-ladder, you could probably get a mid-low maras for it :clap:

6. Cerebron

Guys, I got ripped off again!!!!!

I got a +3 to Summoning skill Blue Ammy for the Jewel. lol. I was really desperate for getting an ammy, because at that time I didn't have anything on my neck. I knew it's rip off but I didn't know why I made the trade. It's natural to me to end trading as quickly as possible

7. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Please tell me there was at least a second mod on the ammy like life?????

8. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Cerebron, it's going to happen. Trades are about power. Since they're not face2face, you can't intimidate the other trader, so the only power is in knowledge of the value of items. That guy thought he knew the value of the facet jewel, and he traded that ammy for it. Actually, you didn't get so badly off. I seriously doubt on USEast, where I play, you could have gotten much for that facet, since most people only want 5/5s and poisons are the least wanted out of the four (cold and then lightning being the most popular). Facets are largely sorc items, from my experience, poison being good for sins and us, although comparatively less useful, since all sorc damage is elemental, while ours is almost never all poison.

But still, you can get summoning ammys from nearly anywhere in Hell, so you probably could have gotten a better trade. But are you using the ammy now? Is it helping you play? If so, then you really didn't get screwed, since you don't know how long you would have had to wait to find a trader for that jewel. You got something useful for your trade; don't speculate about anything else you could have gotten. You'll never know if you're right, so it will only drive you nuts.

Besides, you'll find other good items. I traded a Ko once for an item definitely not worth a Ko. I then did a Hellforge and... got a Ko. So, now, I have Ko and the item. I'm that much richer. :)

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

i rate it a 3.5 / 5

the reason for that:

on death = most useful, no points taken off

3/4 facet = 3.5

5/5 facet would = 5

so 3.5/5 taint so bad

10. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Think of it this way cerebron... You got a +3 ammy I don't even have that... I just got a crappy maras :p

seriously, +3 is a great ammy If/when you find another you'll be able to trade it off for a decent item...

Useful = good trade... Your mind'll tell you if your getting screwed.... If your happy with the trade then so beit.

And remember I get the next summoning charm... (not for droods like the one i found last night) :X

11. Necrochild313

I've found 2 for drOOds.

I gave them to my friend who likes drOOds, cause i'm a nice guy.

:thumbsup:

12. Cerebron

Actually I like the ammy very much. It has a second mod "+25 to energy," which gives me some extra mana. I used to wear a Mara (w/ a Soj), but I traded it for a Beast axe. Now my lightning resist is not maxed, but it's still 62. I can survive the Souls with no problem.

The ammy enlarges my army to 8 Mages and 14 skeletons, which is not bad because I'm not using Arm of King Leoric anymore. The Beast Axe with Fan Aura is incredibly powerful. I have Mastery 39 and Skeleton 27, and +290% Might aura from my merc and Fan. Aura with increased attack speed, attack rating, etc.

I've been struggling all the way to become a non-newbie. So far I think I've learned virtually everything about Necro, but, trading is too deep for me.

If someone can write a complete guide about trading values, it'd be terrific. My friends suggested that you could play D2 as a Simulation game like Business Tycoon. Blizz should make a new class of character besides the current seven: Merchant. Here are some basic skills of a "Merchant"

MF mastery
    Summon extra stash
    Inner sight for gambling

You complete the list.

13. Necrochild313

Blizz already made what they thought should be the merchant.

It's called a sorc...I mean...seriously...almost all of the good sorc items have insane +MF%.

Just look at tals set...wtf?

Us 'mancers have to use our generic MF items...but it works all the same :thumbsup:

14. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

cerebron: useast ladder? msg me sometime and i'll buy you a mara's.

g

15. Cerebron

Thanks, G. I'm pretty happy now.

I stopped MFing long ago. Basicly what I do now is I set the "Show item" key to be the Backspace key. Everytime I play in a party I will put a AA battery on the Backspace key, so I can keep my eyes on everything dropped. I'm surprised that many players don't really check the dropps when partying. Once I picked a Pul rune with 4 players around. They didn't even know I found the rune :surprise:

16. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

AA battery. On the Show Item key. So simple. So ingenious. I'll never MF the same again.