Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rate this trapper build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Rpgdragon, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Rpgdragon

Rpgdragon IncGamers Member

Rate this trapper build

Well i got some help from a few people and now i just would like some ideas or recommendations about the final build. Here is what i'm thinking

20 FB
    20 LS
    20 DS
    20 SM (Good idea or bad idea-- i heard the sm can be really useful)
    9CBS
    1 point into Fade, WB, CoS, MB

for stats i was thinking of maybe going with

148 str - for nats if i ever get it
    116 dex - also for nats if i ever get it
    200+ vit
    base energy

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

i think your LS dmg will be too low...

is it pvp or pvm?

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

Due to the fact he's using a shadow master (which 1.10 trappers rarely use from what I hear) I think his build is geared towards PVM.

Now on to the good stuff...

1) Nat's is NOT a trapper set. you do not want to use it with a trapper. Trust me.

2) Your Fire blast damage at level 20 (after synergies) will be 420-624. Do you really think this will be enough to kill in hell?

I have my own guide I want to write, but I'll put it off until after I've actually built the sin :lol: I'm still looking for the last pieces of equipment i need.

4. Rpgdragon

Rpgdragon IncGamers Member

Yes this is pvm

Thanks for your ideas

Still, could you plz be a little more specific by listing stat and skill distribution.
    Thanks

5. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

This build is not too bad, I just made a trapper myself though and came to find that Shadow Master does not really need to be maxed to be good. So far I just have 1 point in her and with plus to skillls (only around 6) she seems to last just fine and I have plenty of mana to recast her. My skill allocation is like this:

FB: 16 (on its way to 20)
    ShockWeb: 20
    LS: 20
    DS: 20

1 point in pretty much everything else besides marshal arts and the blade traps on the right of the trap tree. I usually run burst of speed most the time, my resists are negative in hell but I still almost never die. I put 79 in st and dex to wear bartucs, but am looking for some good trapper claws in hell anya soon. My fire blast is getting decent, takes down critters fast enough with my defiance merc and master tanking. Then corpse explosion takes care of the rest, of course that is if they are lightning immune. At 20 my FB should do around 1200-1500 or something like that. Right now it does around 700-900.

Anyway very fun build, I suppose if you wanted to have the beefiest shadow master and cast her on those you wanted to kill it might be worth it. I found the build I did above to be quite effective in hell and I am able to fairly safely go to any area I want by myself. Don't forget to mindblast the world when you get in trouble, saved me from death countles times, lol. Hope this helped.

6. fluid_death

fluid_death IncGamers Member

My assassin is pretty much the same, but I put in 8 to shadow master so with 2 +3 shadow discipline claws on switch and a few other + skills, my master is at lvl 17 where she gets her best gear. I think at level 12 she gets all her gear exept rare ring and ammulet, so less can still be viable. The extra points I put in charged bolt sentry for some extra synergy.

My skills are:
    20 FB
    12 CBS
    20 LS
    20 DS
    8 SM
    1 in all the other goodies in disciplines.

I think my fireblast damage is around 1100-1300 damage (or somewhere close). I put 79 str/dex but I should have gone 55 since my +3 traps and +3 shadow disciple claws are only normal items (buy them from NM Anya). Although 79 wont hurt since not many decent armors have that low a str requirement (but im pretty poor, so doesnt bother me yet).

7. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

I am currently playing a Trap Assassin who just killed Duriel in Hell single player.

The skills look like this:
    20 in Lightning Sentry
    20 in Charged Bolt
    20 in Death Sentry
    6 or so in Shock Web
    1 in Wake of Fire
    14+ in Inferno (A mistake or not, not sure.)
    2 in Shadow
    1 in burst of speed
    1 in the rest of the prereqs.

I have pretty good plus skills with a Bartuc's, and a Jade plus two more +1 skills from ammy and armor.

My merc is a level 76 holy freeze, the same level as I am. He is not too good, as he needs a good weapon and armor (right now a rare bec-de-corbin and Rattlecage. The Tal's mask it OK though.

I put a lot of points into Inferno to do damage against lightning immunes befre I figured out to use Death Sentry. Bit of a mistake, but the wake of inferno is up to 800 points now so it does some damage. Next trap assasin will have no points here though.

I have no points in Shadow Master and I really do not need him. The shadow casts what I want her to cast, which at my skills are pretty powerful lightning sentries(around 2000 dmg I calculate). A big plus is she can cast through walls in many cases.

I usually play amazons so the shadow is a distraction, or a lure, and not a fighter(Just like a valkyrie). My Merc does that.

If I had to change my build I would take 14 poitns out of Inferno, and the one from wake of fire and wonder what to do with them. Maybe max out Lightning sentyr's synergies.(Shock web) Or maybe do soemthing else.

My ability poitns are screwed up, I admit. If redoing them I would put 105 into str and dex so I could use my claws, 100 or so into energy, and the rest into vitality.

Hope this helps

DWM

8. SnowBlind

SnowBlind IncGamers Member

Lvl 1 base shadow master on my lvl 90 sin , points are better spent in MB/synergies (1 pt with +skills gives enough life)