rate this rare

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
thats really nice ... and w/ repair mod it would be sexy ... but im not sure how i feel about that w/o a socket. w/ a socket you could Lo it = yum original.

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
whatever you do, don't upgrade it. It retains the eth but does not give a better damage advantage(same thing with eth armor and defense), and gives the item a higher level requirement. Its a bug- its only worthwhile to upgrade non-eth items. Zod it if you extra zods lying around, personally I could think of many better uses for zods though, but not too bad of a choice. Maybe trading it off if you have no use for it. I wouldnt socket it with anything other than a zod, since its a purely melee weapon and will break fast, negating any longterm benefits from it.

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
Darnoc said:
whatever you do, don't upgrade it. It retains the eth but does not give a better damage advantage(same thing with eth armor and defense), and gives the item a higher level requirement. Its a bug- its only worthwhile to upgrade non-eth items. Zod it if you extra zods lying around, personally I could think of many better uses for zods though, but not too bad of a choice. Maybe trading it off if you have no use for it. I wouldnt socket it with anything other than a zod, since its a purely melee weapon and will break fast, negating any longterm benefits from it.
IIRC, the eth upgrade bug only applies to armour not weapons.

Singollo

Diabloii.Net Member
its not worth the upgrad to elite and the zoding if it IMO, for the reason we have a number of rrunewords that out do this item in speed, dmg and other mods

KillJoyBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Darnoc said:
That is incorrect. The damage will be boosted accordingly if upgraded.

It'll probably be a better ACT-5 merc sword, when you upgrade it. If you're absolutely swimming in Zods, why not?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Would be fabulous for a barb merc! If you have the upgrading means, it can "grow with him" as you progress through the game.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow nice but ifon a char then i think a perfect roll eth oath conquest/cryptic sword would slightly edge it off - nice find though!