Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rate my Necro MF gear/run

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Masicher, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Masicher

Masicher IncGamers Member

Rate my Necro MF gear/run

I'm new to Diablo2. although I do have a roomate that played it (so he gives me pointers) but he never played a necro so I am Just gonna throw my MF gear out there to see what changes i can makebeing that I am not funded.

I play on Useast.

I have Summon skeletons/Skeleton mastery/Amplify Damage and corpse explosion maxed (like the fishyguide says)

My stats are as follows at level 80 so dont recomend somthing I cant wear.
    Str- 118 (for marrows when I am not MFing)
    Dex - Base

Helm
    3pTopaz crown 72%

Chest
    3ptopaz mesh armor 72%(I know I can get a 4socket but I am unlucky i guess? alwaqys find 4os armors i cant wear)

Weapon 1
    Gull dagger 100%

Weapon 2
    Spirit Rw Crystal Sword (switch for skeles/revives)

Shield1
    Rhyme Rw Boneshield 25%

Shield 2
    Rare Overseer Skull +2 necro skills 20 allres +2summonresist

Gloves
    37% chance guards

belt
    30% Goldwrap

boots
    Rare 18%MFboots with 30cold/light/fire res 50% extra gold

Ring 1
    Stone of Jordan (for mana and that +1 skill)

Ring 2
    Naglering 23%mf

Amulet
    +3 summon Skills

Also I have a Gheed's Charm with 28% and another 15% from Small charms

Merc has Insight RW in an etheral Partizan (So i can cast more Corpse explosions) an etheral Crown of theves and Duriels shell

This leaves me with 420% MF
    and I have level 28 skeles backing me up (when i switch to summon)

I usually run the pit and when the game is permed i bring my 82 hammerdin to open Cow level then I run that. Worldstone keep can be hard sometimes soi usually aviod it (physical immune Flying things with the red bolts)

Whats a better placeto run for a summoner... or whats some easygear upgrades i can do... i have tons of Pgems and ive been saving jewels, cow level ammys and rals (for crafting buti guessfor trading too)

Should I sacrifice points into skills for moreMF

2. Shock

Shock IncGamers Member

Re: Rate my Necro MF gear/run

420MF is more than enough considering you're not sacrificing killing speed. I ran at around 400 with my fishy for a while till he found better gear for him. I'd suggest you go for the gear mentioned in the guide for an optimal setup. You can break the immunity of those flying bird thingies in the WSK with amp damage btw.

3. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

400 mf is good. please tell me you did not max amp damage.

4. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

when i look at your gear, i see you focus on mf. you shouldnt. build the best summoner you can afford, then do some runs and begin exchanging gear for mf-gear.
    take two things into consideration while doing so: kill speed and the actual increase in mf for uniques and set-items.

http://forums.diabloii.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6419148

or in other words:
    200 mf doubles the number of uniques dropped. if you take less than twice the time to clear the area with 200 mf, the mf pays off. if you dont, focus on speed.
    400 mf will bring the factor of uniques dropped to 2.5. if you need more than 2.5 times the time to clear your target area than without mf, you are actually finding less.

100 mf setup:
    - harle: 50 + ptopaz: 74
    - your gheeds: 28

200 mf setup:
    same as above and some/one of those below of :
    either a 4 ptopazed armor, the gull dagger or:
    - trangs armor with ptopaz
    - rhyme shield in a necro head (wouldnt do that, because homunculus is just awesome)
    - nagel (i really dislike this ring), better get some magic or rare ring with mf and useful mods. i have a 20mf + 15 all res ring for example.
    - your mf boots, because they are really good.
    - skullders
    - ali babas
    or whatever you can come up with.

ideal (and i assume probably out of your range) would be something like this:
    - ptopaz harle: 74
    - enigma: your level mf (80)
    - isted homunculus: 25
    - isted arm of king leoric: 30
    - gheeds: 28
    - some mf small charms: varies
    adds up to 237 + small charms and you only sacrifice your weapon and shield socket plus some charm slots in your inventory.

5. Masicher

Yeah I did Max Amp because this is strictly a MFchar so what else could I put points into? Ithough about some into bone armor but I think I havebeen hit 2 times in cows (im extra sneaky)

Thanks For replies all, that chart was helpful also.

6. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

never put more than one point into bone armor. go for the synergies instead, they will add more hard points (15 instead of 10). in addition, the synergy skills are useful in itself.

skills:
    - skele mastery, skele warriors, revives, corpse explosion maxed
    - clay golem, golem mastery, summon resists, skele mages - 1 point
    - bone armor, teeth- 1 point
    - most of the curses one point (attract, confuse, decrep are very useful, amp is obvious).

i dont see where you get any extra points to spend.

7. vfiscool

vfiscool IncGamers Member

well 2 or 3 points in amplify damage is useful imo when you play a low +skill summoner (less +skill more mf)

also, maxing out revives is not a very good idea imo, because trying to sustain a big number of revives(by constantly summoning) slows down the runs, i don't have experience with summoner uber runs so, revives might be usefull there, but for pits and ws i find that revives are not that useful

8. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

trade your soj for runes and buy shako+skullders and summon skillers

9. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

goldfinding skellynec guide by moi

that guide has some cheap gear suggestions in it.

if your SoJ is legit (eg: doesn't go pop) i'd hold onto it. you might like to use it on another character later on.

10. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Also not completely optimal.

You should max RS, SM and CE, and have 1 pt in the following: Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist, Revive, Amp Damage, Decrepify, and about 5 prerequisites.

You don't need more than 1 pt in Revives because 1 pt will give you 5+ Revives which is plenty. You don't need other curses besides Amp and Decrep. A point in Bone Armor doesn't hurt.

So how do you spend the rest of your points (after about 70 for the core)? Choose one of the following:

1) Max Mages.
    A bigger army is nice and the elemental damage is handy. But for MF runs it means you need to raise more minions which takes more time.

2) Max Dim Vision
    Very handy for MFing; simply cast it before you enter an area and you can simply run past creatures. This also eliminates the treats of Stygian Dolls (when you're running Mephisto) or Gloams and Vipers (when you're running Baal).

3) 1 pt in Bone Armor and rest in synergies
    Some extra protection. Can be useful for damage from Stygian Dolls.

4) 1 pt Iron Golem and rest in Golem Mastery
    Make a nice Iron Golem. Not really useful for MF.

For MF my choice would be (2).

Your gear somewhat surprises me because you're mixing some really high-end stuff (SoJ) with some really cheap things.

A few suggestions (if you can afford it):
    - Switch your helm for Shako with P Topaz (for skill bonus)
    - Personally I prefer some resists so I would use something like Vipermagi or Smoke instead of your armor with P Topazes. Or use Skulders for %MF plus a skill bonus.
    - Switch rare overseer skull for Homunculus for lots of nice mods

11. Masicher

Yeah the Soj I got from my first Hell andariel pass.. Lucky for real.

12. Michael Nuggets

Michael Nuggets IncGamers Member

i like your mf gear

13. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

Harlequin Crest shakos are pretty cheap on ladder now - especially low def ones (Pul or less). pick one up and Ptopaz it for 74% mf and good mods (+2 skills, good life and mana bonuses).

you may also be able to find lower War Travellers for cheap, but i'd PROBABLY keep your tri-res boots ;) very nice!!!

14. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

There is nothing wrong with maxing Amplify Damage on a Fishymancer. In fact, I'd recommend it. A bigger radius means an exponentially increased area of effect, so you'll be casting a lot less to keep up with your Corpse Explosion radius. That, and there isn't really that much else to spend on.

15. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

Unless you are going completly untwinked, maxing amp is an extreme waste.

BA+synergies, mages, dim vision, golem mastery for an insight golem; would all be points better spent than maxed amp.

16. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Well, my mistake was that I wrote that from a perspective of playing Single Player, where one would put Insight on his merc. You got a point, but I wouldn't use Bone Armor, Mages or Dim Vision. While Bone Armor is debatable depending on the area's you run, Mages cost too much time and shatter too many corpses for my taste. Dim Vision is good if you run the Worldstone Keep, but one point should be enough.

For Battle.net, I'd max in Golem Mastery and put the remaining points in Amplify Damage.

17. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Out of all the options, maxing Amp Damage is clearly the worst. I understand you want to have the same radius as your CE, but with decent gear (i.e. +10-15 bonus) the radius is fine. Maybe by investing 5 more points you will reach the same radius as CE, I can see the point of that.

I agree that for MF you will not need Mages or an Iron Golem, but Bone Armor and Dim Vision are extremely useful. DV eliminates all major threats when you're running Mephisto (dolls), The Pit (any Ranged attackers) or Baal (Gloams, Vipers). BA keeps you safe from the occasional hit or from Stygian Doll splatter damage.