Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rate My Gear

Discussion in 'PvP' started by AntiTyrant, Apr 5, 2005.

1. AntiTyrant

AntiTyrant IncGamers Member

Rate My Gear

Im a lvl 35 Kicker Sin.
    (Dragon Tail, Dragon Flight, Burst of Speed, Claw Block) (suggestions?)
    GEAR
    Helm:Guillaume's Face /w 15 resists all jewel
    35% Crushing Blow
    15 Str (increases damage a bit)
    15 resists all
    30% fhr
    Ammy: Angelic
    75 life
    damage to mana
    Armor: Spirit Shroud /w 15 resists all jewel
    Cannot be frozen is main reasoning
    38 Life
    15 resists all
    Weapons:2x +2 Martial Arts claws /w 2x Sheal each
    Ias needed for kick speed??
    getting to 5 kicks
    Gloves: Ik Gloves
    25% Ias
    High Defence
    lots of stats
    Belt: IK Belt
    25% Fhr
    Resists
    High Defence
    Boots: IK Boots
    Life
    High Kick Damage
    Ring1: Angelic Ring
    High Ar
    Ring2: Mana Ring / Angelic
    Mana against sorcs that like tele a lot. (i have like 7.5k ar w/o 2nd angelic)

Edit:
    sorry if this seems like a double post, but i'm taking into account all that was said in the last one i did.
    Oh, and any ideas on how to sneek in another 15% resists all? should i just get few small 5 to all?

2. AntiTyrant

AntiTyrant IncGamers Member

I wanted to put this in a reply...

I wanted to put this in a reply to sort of seperate it...
    My FHR is 5 frames
    Not sure of my Attack Speed Since This char isn't fully putogether yet...

How is DragonFlight's Speed determined? If i could get it a bit faster, trapsins would be an ezpk.

thanks

3. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Dragon Flight's speed can't be sped up that I know of.

Is this an anti-caster specific kicker? If it is, I can see the reasoning in your choice of weapons somewhat. However if you intend to duel any melee you are going to get crushed with ease if they are even reasonably competent.

Why so many 15 res all jewels? If you need res, I would suggest going with Skins of the Vipermagi over Spirit Shroud since it has the same +1 skills, mdr, etc as well as 35 res all if perfect. 35 res all vs cbf. You can get cbf from other sources like Death's belt if you really need it against cold sorcs and such. Also, I would recomend going claw/shield against cold sorcs anyway since you will want more stacked cold res over claw block. It will help you alot more trust me. I normally use Skins with a Rhyme shield so I get cbf and res, but I have a 2 P saph Moser's in stash in case I need alot more cold res. Some people prefer 3 p sah Kite, but I think Moser's is more versatile and if I remember correctly it has better blocking.

Instead of IK gloves, consider looking for some nice +2 ma skills rare gloves. Mine are +2 MA, about 30 lightning res, 30 psn res, and even +2 str on the side. Ideally you will want lightning and cold res since that is what you will usually need to stack (foh/Blizz) in most lld duels. IK belt is decent for the res and +str, but also consider getting a life/fhr belt for duels where you don't really need the res. If you built your sin around the +str from the IK set pieces, you can disregard this advice, but I feel you are losing versatility.

What kind of claws are your MA claws? Just "Claws?" Ideally you will want Blade Talons as those are the fastest base weapon speed claws you can get at that level besides Greater Claws, but those have higher reqs and the same speed. Also, remember that magical claws can get +ias mods as well. Check the assassin forum for kick speed calculators by JRichard to determine how much IAS you need from gear and BoS to hit the max kick speed.

If you are on USEast NL, I'll be glad to duel your sin with mine if you'd like to see how you measure up. I have the best 35 kicker on East to the best of my knowledge, no other kicker my level has beaten me consistently.

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Just curious, which boots do you use? IK has such high str req, I used upped Goblins, so i'm wondering what you're using :)

HoD

5. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

If memory proves right, Phyrexial uses IK boots. I use those boots as well as they deal quite a bit of dmg. You might want to look for rare War Boots with -req and good mods if you want to spend less pts into str. Naturally, those can be hard to find.

Also, if when you duel casters, you'll want to use Mindblast if possible to keep them still for you to catch them with DF. DF uses fcr to "launch," I believe.

6. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I use IK boots. The first incarnation of Taliya was a high cb build that used Goblin Toes, it wasn't as successful as the IK wielding Taliya. The lower reqs would allow for more life so it is worth looking into though. Building your sin to really optimize the stat placement for a lower str build could be effective, I'm just not sure exactly in comparison to the IK build.

30 stats with Upped Goblin Toes are saved. 95 str req for Upped Goblins and 125 for IK's if I remember correctly. 30 stats = 90 life, IK has 44 life on it already, so 46 life is your gain by using Goblin Toes as far as stats go. IK boots act as the 2nd IK piece to grant you 25% ias if you choose to use IK gloves as well as adding 110 ar which is multiplied quite a bit by Dtalon. Goblin Toes of course add CB.

Just some things to take into account. Upped Goblin Toes is certainly an option, I just prefer IKs at the moment. I haven't dueled much or changed the build in near a year though, so perhaps things have changed.