Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rate my build plz

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Xarxov, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

Rate my build plz

Hello. I posted before about some specifics on whether a sorc would be better for mfing, rushing and stuff. So I came to the conclusion of using the archmage guide by Stormcryer (btw its a very good guide in my opinion).
    Ok here is how my skills would go:

Skills:-

20 Chain Lightning
    7 Lightning Mastery
    20 Meteor
    7 Fire Mastery
    20 Blizzard
    7 Cold Mastery

Stats:-

Str: enough for gear (80 probably)
    Dex: enough for max block (probably 150 or close to it)
    Vit: around 100
    Ene: around 100

Gear: -

Tals orb
    Tals belt
    Tals ammy
    Tals armor (umed)
    Tals mask (Ptopazed)
    War Travs
    Magefists
    2x sojs or 2x bk rings (for life and skills)
    Stormsheild (umed)

Ok thats my whole setup. Now i have a few questions. Would this setup be viable? Would i be able to have max resists and max block? Also, should i invest 1 point into thunderstorm, mana sheild and chilling armor and use them and would they be still good enuf at lvl 1? I think the gear that i listed is what i want to keep so i am not really going to change that much. My last question is whether is this build good enuf for mfing, rushing, questing, killing pvp and pvm? Thank you :)

I would greatly appreciate any help any of u guys can give me. Sorry for sounding like a noob but i played a sorc like friking 3 years ago and have no clue about them. sorry again.

P.S. The archmage guide is very well done except some tweaks in gear and to-be-tweaks in skills wise as stated above in my questions.

2. newbiengod

newbiengod IncGamers Member

imo i would never go triellllyyyy. i would have to say a build like that is no good. but if it works for u then go for it. here's an option focus in one tree then lvl up to 95-99 then u can have 2 tree's for example fire tree max everything for fb. thrn once u do that u can go and get fo. that right there is a sweet build + u will have a kick [email protected]@ merce. awsome build that is.

3. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

yeah, I agree, tri-elementists aren't good. get a sorc with maxed froz orb syns, then go max out T-storm and lit mastery, theres a sweet build.

4. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

what about monsters with immunity to cold? how would u counter that? And how come u guys are saying that archmages can't do anything and that they are not viable? Are u saying that Stormcryer's guide is useless or that he is somehow misinformed....?

5. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

we are saying that having 2 elemental trees is enough since you can have a sweet merc by your side to kill any double immune supers. And none of those 3 spells you are goign to use will be good enough in hell. Well, you'll be ok in groups but you'll take forever to kill solo. And I'd switch out blizzard for FO myself.

6. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

what u mean switch out blizzard for fo? u mean frozen orb is better than blizzard?

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Frozen Orb is much easier to use then Blizzard. Blizzard has more damage, but can't really be aimed. Frozen Orb is aimable, but has less damage.

But to be frank, the people who say the Archmage isn't viable or isn't a good killer should think again before they post. Maybe it's not the Ultrafast-Uberl33t-KillingMachine, but it can certainly stand it's ground in multiplay. For instance the Frozen Orb is the same as on my sorceress, and she can kill Fire Immunes with it with no problems. It's just a matter of using your skills to the best effect and also a matter of character durability. I'm thinking the people who say that the Archmage isn't viable have a non-blocking, low-vita sorceress who is dead in two hits.

8. funk_man

funk_man Banned

Vote

Ill give you a 8.