Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rares bonuses limits?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by huangfusong, Sep 4, 2006.

1. huangfusong

huangfusong IncGamers Member

rares bonuses limits?

Are the limits for rares the same as those for magical items (except that rares have the chance to get more bonuses?)

I like to keep stuff that has the max value of a certain thing (like all resistance, magic find, damage) as a bonus, and i thought 300% was the most for damage (cruel). But I just found this in my rare stash from awile back:

Corpse Scythe
    Gladius
    One-Hand Damage: 38 to 115
    Durability: 13 of 24
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 48
    Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 75
    Fingerprint: 0x8879ed33
    +380% Enhanced Damage
    +292 to Attack Rating
    +10 to Maximum Damage
    7% Life stolen per hit
    8% Mana stolen per hit

arreats summit says +damage can't be a suffix, so did this item get 2 +damage prefixes? Is that possible? Why not like 2 or 3 "of lucks" to give you really awsome magic find?

2. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Rares can have up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes, but they can't have more than one affix of the same family. So you are right in doubting that it got 2 +X% Enhanced Damage, since all of them are of the same family. However, there is another family of prefixes that give both ED and AR. They range from "Sharp", the ones you see on small charms, all the way to Masters for rares, or Grand Masters for Magic items.

So it looks like this item got 1 affix from the Enhanced Damage family, 1 from the Master's family, 1 affix that adds to AR (since 292 is too high for Master's alone to spawn on a rare), 1 max damage affix, and the last two make up the dual leech.

3. huangfusong

huangfusong IncGamers Member

cool, thanks for explaining!