rare necro shield

Duy

Diabloii.Net Member
rare necro shield

hey,

i had planned on making a commandomancer using a homonculus but then i found this:

fiend rock
unraveller head
defense: 19
+2 poison and bone
+3 bone spirit
+1 decripefy

+ 1 blood golem
15% fast block rate
10% increased chance to block
adds 5-14 poison damage
81% enhanced defense
replenish life +5
+5 mana
level 3 nova (27 charges)

would this shield be better suited for a commandomancer than a homunculus? if not do you think this is worth trading?
im thinking if i use this shield my resists would be horrible and i would need a lot of dex for max block compared to homonculus...
maybe use the rare shield for an artillery necro??

thanks for any input,

Duy.

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
IMO hommunculus is still better...

/Dec
depends. the homunculus is so great because of the easy obtainable max block and resists, this one just lacks resist, but wouldnt it be nice for a summon bone hybrid that can hide behind his army

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
bluedragoon said:
depends. the homunculus is so great because of the easy obtainable max block and resists, this one just lacks resist, but wouldnt it be nice for a summon bone hybrid that can hide behind his army
Homunculus is better, unless you use that shield to spam BSpear in PK duels.

Homunculus
Hierophant Trophy

+2 To Necromancer Skills
+2 To Curses
+150-200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Blocking
+40% Chance to Block
+20 to Energy
+33% Mana Regeneration
+5 Mana After Each Kill
+40% Resistance To All

O wait... +1 Decrep... that'd be good for having decrep for duels instead of putting like 5 pts. into curse just to have Decrep... I still like the 40% Res from Homunculus much better though.

- Dennis

Duy

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
O wait... +1 Decrep... that'd be good for having decrep for duels instead of putting like 5 pts. into curse just to have Decrep...
ya the point in decrepify saves a few skill points also.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Really more of a Bone Spirit Bonemancer's rare although most BMs would probably prefer a +5 BS. You do save a couple points with decrep, but at the cost of 40 resists to all and high block.

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Is that head lvl 30 req? If so its a very wanted item by lvl 30 duelers. Ive personally heard many search for such a head.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
+2 all on a lvl 30 head? That doesn't sound likely. +2 BNP probably but not +2 all.

Edit: NM it IS BNP.

QQTony

Diabloii.Net Member
Homunculus
30% Faster Blocking
+40% Chance to Block

will be better than the rare shield unless you r vit nec.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
In theory one could find a +2 necro head (Necromancer's prefix) with
1) Deflecting suffix (30fbr/20icb)
2) Prismatic prefix (20res all)
3) Mechanic's prefix (2 socks)
4) Equilibrium suffix (17% fhr)
5) Mammoth suffix (40 life)

*and* spawn with +3 spirit, spear and bone armor. On a Heirophant or Bloodlord skull thats 52% block with the option of slapping elds, bers,ums, shaels etc on this beast :p