Rare Jewel Mods Question

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
noooooooooooober said:
Is it possible to get a rare jewel w/ 25 fire resist, 25 psn resist, FHR, and -15% req?
d2data.net has all the affix information you could ever use.

Ruby (15-30% fire resist) group 117
Jade (15-30% poison resist) group 117
of Freedom (-15% req) group 30
of Truth (7% fhr) group 18

This jewel is impossible because you can't get two mods from the same affix group (Ruby and Jade). The closest you could get would be replacing either Ruby or Jade with Shimmering (all Resists 5-10%).

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i was thinking it was possible if it had shimmering and the next lower res from ruby or jade, then it may barely hit the 25 in one, go over on the other, and have other res as well.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i was thinking it was possible if it had shimmering and the next lower res from ruby or jade, then it may barely hit the 25 in one, go over on the other, and have other res as well.
The lower resists: Garnet (5-15% fire res) and Beryl (5-15% poison res) are also both in group 117, so no go.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Since we're on the subject of res mods on jewels.. the up to 30 single res mods are listed as level 19 on the Summit. That means if I get a level 19 magic jewel I should be able to reroll it and expect eventually to see that mod, right? If not, what's the required level of a jewel to get that mod?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The AS is correct on that one, but for affixes you're better off using d2data.net, as the AS often confuses Alvl with Clvl required.