Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rare items and some info

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nikstone, Feb 16, 2004.

1. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

rare items and some info

I am surprised how many good rare items can be found now in 1.10.
    So I wonder how valuable these thingies are.
    I know about weapons, but what about other stuff.
    For example:

Doom Mask
    Circlet
    Defense: 44
    Durability: 35 of 35
    Required Level: 67
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xbb636699
    +8 to Dexterity
    +45% Enhanced Defense
    +2 to Minimum Damage
    All Resistances +19
    5% Life stolen per hit
    +2 to Barbarian Skill Levels

What do you think in general how valuable is such a thing, what mods should I be looking for in the future as for an ultimate circlet or similar.

By the way, following the guidelines from some of your guys I have finished hell with my max vengeance paladin.
    I am concentrating on mf (magic find) now.
    Have done some testing and realised for mf it is more importanted to have luck rather than more mf.
    Also, about the code command, I think it brings nothing.
    I have visited the pits about 40 times, in the third and fourth visit I saw a sacred armor dropped (one was a rare with potenial for even unique, sigh),
    never saw a sacred after that, but ALL other types of high TC items, so I think changing the code is not necessary.
    So I did about 15 pit runs with 300 mf, and 25 with 700mf (this is slow, cause the merc has to do the kills) and I saw no significant improvement in the number of drops for uniques or sets.
    Also i have found only FEW uniques and sets altogether in the pits (but one was good, earthsifter thunder maul-250ed only)
    So I think its up to luck and hard work to find the really good items.
    Anyway, Andariel, Meph, Baal, are almost always rewarding, for those who say they cant find good stuff.
    The player3 command works even close to the bosses (tested), but not to close.
    For Andariel (to be sure) before you enter the level four catacomb, but works also before opening the closed gate right before Andariel, I believe.
    For Mephisto I usually type the command right after I enter Durance of Hate level three, and it works.
    For Baal, simple, before you enter (uh, whats the name?), ok before the final fight with Baal.

P.S. I am looking for 7% MF small charms, if you want to trade, let me know.

2. BSJoker

BSJoker IncGamers Member

First off you did not do any where near enough pit runs to compare them to anything,

Seconds, :yawn: oh forget it, its 12:30 in the morning and im to tired to say anything else that is wrong with this post......:sleep:

3. nikstone

whatever

First off, you were not tired enough so you had to give me a taste of your bad mood.
    Your behaviour is rude and unpolite.
    Spare me of comments like this in the future.

Seconds, there is nothing WRONG with the post.
    Its just your foggy perspective of things.
    If you thaught that I am a little baby waiting to be patronized or bullied by the kinds of you, your definitely and hard wrong.
    So, go to bed and sleep, at least there you will not bother anyone.

4. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

No offense or anything, but people don't usually do 50 pit runs and expect to get something. Try hundreds upon thousands...

edit: and as for the rare circlet, you could get ones like that in 1.09 too. Only the weapons %ED affixes were changed.

5. BSJoker

BSJoker IncGamers Member

I wasnt being rude, at least that was/is not my intention, but you didnt do a good job with the pit runs. You just 40 runs which is not enough runs to prove or do anything, i personally would only expect sheer crap and no uniques from 40 runs on anything.....

6. nikstone

Hej ok, might have been a little to harsh on you.
    And, you are right there are some errors in the post.
    About the seed command and Andariel, it does not work before the closed gate behind wich she is.
    And yes 40 pit runs are not alot, but I am itemhungry and spoiled since I had a lot of luck in finding all sort of good stuff lately.
    So I expect at least one quality item in twenty runs.
    Whatever, lets forget all this and move on.

7. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

no way CW, rare amulets/rings/circlets are better than ever now, they get ALMOST all the mods that can spawn on magic items, (ie: circlets can now have up to 30 dex/str instead of 20, and ammys can get up to 25 res all instead of 20)

tahts a pretty nice circlet, but one with those mods could have been gotten in 1.09 yes, however it would still be pretty rare

8. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Depending on what you're expecting, 40 pit tuns isn't going to yield very much for you. I'm trying to finish the grail by myself and even in 40 pit-runs, there is on average 1 set/unique item. How good they are is a different story.

As for the rare circlet, the mods could be better (25% resist all etc) but its still extremely 'rare'

By changing code, you mean 'players 8'? That just means you get more items, more often. If you test it on bosses it wouldn't show much but in pit runs, you definitely get more drops than on players 1. Uniques-wise should be about the same though.

9. nikstone

lets close this post

Mistakes all the time.
    Been playing D2 like a maniac 8 and more hours for ten days now.
    Cannot think clearly anymore.
    You guys are right about everything.
    Not enough pit runs? Exacto - got it.
    Me spoiled. Me wants many items and wants them quickly.
    Must have luck. Mucho, mucho luck, otherwise me dont play anymore.
    Yes that was about the players command.
    Another mistake, (hihi) mindfog, having visions of sacred armor- green.
    I dont care much about the circlet, many uniques are better.
    Just wanted info on possible mods.
    Info received. Aknowledged. Thank you.

Deekin asks: You have some problems with head, boss? Deekin will sing a
    song for you then. Laaatraaraala :innocent:

10. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

the circlet is quite nice and is fairly valuable - if you are interested in trading it you should post it in the trade thread, you will probably get an offer for it.

regarding your conclusion that luck is most important on pit runs: while this is most certainly true in MFing - its always better to be lucky - you will increase your odds of rolling a set/unique item by having higher MF. however, a higher MF will not affect the odds of you finding a Hydra Bow of any color verses a pair of Chain Boots. so keep on trucking with the pit runs, and best of luck!

11. nikstone

Thanks whomhead, for your nice and kind words.
    I already gave the circlet to a friend.
    Its ok.

Deekin says: Mhm, me thinks this whomhead man is nice guy, yes boss?
    Yes Deekin, you are right, as always.