Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x85ce087d
+11 to Dexterity
+43% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +24%
3% Life stolen per hit
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
tell me what you guys think, and should i upgrade it or not?

LeorictheDark

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice gloves. :) Why upgrade? gloves have crappy Def anyway. Add to that no +skills and it's better used by a low lvl character as transitional gloves, not end game IMO.

zy009

Diabloii.Net Member
thank for all the replies, i think i probably gonna 2 swap my bloodfist for this rare glove for now for my werewolve druid.
as for upgrade items, for a normal rare armor such as glove you can use 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 perfect Amethyst + 1 normal rare armor to upgrade it to 1 exceptional rare Armor(same armor of course). more recipes r avaliable on the arreat summit. :)

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
OK gloves, but upgrade will buy you almost nothing.

You may want to post such finds in the Item Find Thread next time... ;)

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
disturbeddsa said:
How can u upgrade an item?
Check this page for complete detail: Horadric Cube recipes.
Disregard "Ladder Only", it works for all as long as you are using version 1.10.

Arreat Summit said:
FOR UNIQUE ITEMS:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon

1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor

FOR RARE ITEMS:

1 Ort Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal (Basic) Rare Weapon = Exceptional Rare Weapon

1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor

1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon

1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor
Armor means all defensive items: gloves, boots, helms, shields, etc.

--maxgerin

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay gloves if you have nothing better, otherwise some low/mid level unique gloves beat it quite easy.

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member
zy009 said:
hi, my druid in nightmare act 5 just picked up this super rare glove,
Demon Hold
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 10
Durability: 9 of 14
Required Level: 48
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x85ce087d
+11 to Dexterity
+43% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +24%
3% Life stolen per hit
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
tell me what you guys think, and should i upgrade it or not?
Excellent gloves. The resists are good. Furthermore they are the most important resists (Fire and lightning). I really like the +11 to dexterity and the 20% MF. With this gloves you can save 11 points into dex and get more life. For a barb 11 vitality is 44 more life with lvl23 battle order that gives you ** more life (not bad at all). On top of that it has life steal...

If you don't know what to do with it, I would gladly take them.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think they are fairly nice gloves. Nice find.

However, do not upgrade them unless you have runes coming out your ying yang. The increase in Def is negligible but the increase in requirements will be very real.

Keep in mind that many unique gloves are end-game material so if you are really itching to upgrade them despite our friendly advice take a look at the uniques first.

Plus, crafted gloves are potentially way better too. You'd be better off saving crafting supplies and going that route.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok gloves but you can do alot better on a craft.

gloves are not a good choice for an upgrade, the normal to exceptional upgrade is realatively inexpensive, but the exceptional to elite is pretty hefty.

use the upgrades wisely.

The only really big problem I see with the gloves is the high required level. thats a bit high for the affixes that are present with that glove. look into crafting gloves you will most likely craft better gloves at that point in nightmare.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice resists and dex... But rare gloves need +2skill tree and 20IAS before I'd keep them, personally. Leech and resists would be secondary considerations. The level req on those is a bit high too.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Nice resists and dex... But rare gloves need +2skill tree and 20IAS before I'd keep them, personally. Leech and resists would be secondary considerations. The level req on those is a bit high too.
Some builds don't need IAS and +skill tree spawns only for zon's trees and sin's MA tree.
These are very nice gloves especially if you are questing through the game.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
True, but the builds that don't need IAS are usually casters, and the rare would then have to compete with Magefist and Trang gloves.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
@Lilias - you are probably right. But still there are builds that don't need FCR or IAS.

while speaking about rare gloves, look what Pindle dropped me in 30 runs today:
Fiend Grasp
Chain Gloves
Defense: 8
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 51
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x826d1cea
+14 to Strength
+13 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +29%
Lightning Resist +6%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

and

Viper Hold
War Gauntlets
Defense: 83
Durability: 20 of 24
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 61
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xac0776e2
+6 to Dexterity
+54% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +29%
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
Level 3 Exploding Arrow (26/27 Charges)

Not the godliest, but definitly worth keeping