Rare bow for Ranger?

Grim9

Diabloii.Net Member
Rare bow for Ranger?

How'sthis rare for a ranger? Baal dropped this rare diamond bow yesterday:

389% ed
+2 min damage
+130 AR
-30% requisites
163-195 damage
Not sure if these are the exact figures, My memory isn't that good, but its very close anyway.

Any use for this? No life leech, no ias, no fools mod, but... Well, is it worthy of a ranger who can't afford a top-notch unique or runeword?
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Grim9 said:
How'sthis rare for a ranger? Baal dropped this rare diamond bow yesterday:

389% ed
+2 min damage
+130 AR
-30% requisites
163-195 damage
Not sure if these are the exact figures, My memory isn't that good, but its very close anyway.

Any use for this? No life leech, no ias, no fools mod, but... Well, is it worthy of a ranger who can't afford a top-notch unique or runeword?
its damage is kinda low, but that is a very nice bow, no doubt about it. It could work well for a fanatic ranger. very nice ar boost and damage boost.

--welt
 

Any1

Banned
Upgraded Witchwild is probably a better bow(also Diamond): 170% ED, ~100% DS, slvl 20 Magic Arrow, Amp Damage, 40% Resist All, 2 open sockets.
 

PallyRanger

Diabloii.Net Member
Grim,

As was said above, that would be OK for a fana ranger but lacks any other mods to support any other builds. I'd say socket it, stick a shael in there, and toss it on a fana ranger until you find a Witchwild. Good luck with your ranger.

-PallyRanger.
 

Grim9

Diabloii.Net Member
The -requisites is what I like most about the bow,and the fact that it's a rare. I like rares, they'remore unique than uniques,so to speak. Ill give it a shot,then. Thanks a lot.
 

Any1

Banned
PoopyPants said:
i think eagle horn would be better, as well as witch wild which is already mentioned.

Top damage bows for a Paladin (I spent an afternoon putting together an Excel spreadsheet for this, I was bored at work) considering everything like dex, merc aura, Paladin aura, off-weapon ED%, on-weapon ED%, etc. are:

1. Wondforce (w/ 50% DS)
2. Eaglehorn (w/ 50% DS)
3. Widowmaker (w/ 85% DS)
4. Upgraded Witchwild (w/ 100% DS)

Two 40% ED jewels in the Witchwild will move it ahead of Widowmaker.
 

Any1

Banned
PoopyPants said:
yeah but eagle horn has a huge AR boost which puts it ahead of any bow.

You're right.

However, rangers usually have a lot of skill points laying around. Between Fanat, Convict, BA passive, Raven Frost, Angelic Ammy and ring (or two), etc. I normally don't have a problem with AR in PvM. PvP is a different story.
 
Any1 said:
You're right.

However, rangers usually have a lot of skill points laying around. Between Fanat, Convict, BA passive, Raven Frost, Angelic Ammy and ring (or two), etc. I normally don't have a problem with AR in PvM. PvP is a different story.
Oh is he talking PvM? My brain only functions in relation to pvp sorry. There are no other activities associated with D2 in my mind :lol:
 

Any1

Banned
PoopyPants said:
Oh is he talking PvM? My brain only functions in relation to pvp sorry. There are no other activities associated with D2 in my mind :lol:
He doesn't indicate PvP or PvM, my brain works just the opposite of yours. :cyclops:
 
Top