Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rare Assasin Build?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by RobWild, Mar 26, 2004.

1. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Rare Assasin Build?

My friend and I recently discussed a build which I have never seen but seems like it would do some really high damage and would be fun to play. I read that Tiger Strike works with any melee weapons so how come I never see any Assasins with max Tiger Strike and some mass damage two handed weapon? Is it not fast enough with burst of speed? The idea is this:

20 Tiger Strike
    20 Dragon Tale (for the huge fire damage and radious?)
    20 Venom to add poison damage
    5 Burst of Speed
    1 point in other usefull skills
    and likely more than one point in shadow master to taste

Will this be able to kill efficiently in hell? I still don't understand the formula to calculate the damage correctly with a two handed weapon, tiger strike, and dragon tale what is the formula? To make this easy lets use a Hellslayer for example with we'll say average 300 damage (yeah I know I heard they aren't that good). With around plus 4 to all skills what kind of damage could I expect upon release of three charges? Choose whatever mid level boots you want for the calculation since I don't really know how this works.

Would appreciate any input, I am continueing to search the forums for how to figure this out. Seems like the potential damage is really high though. Has anyone tried this? Does it work out better with lower damage claws than higher damaging other weapons?

2. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

One reason why people dont use other weapons is becuase Claw Mastery adds more damage than most weapons can for an Assassin, and 2-H makes you a very easy target.

[email protected]~

3. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

seems to me like the damage on a claw even with the 170% or so increase with mastery still pales in comparasin to a high damage 2 handed weapon or am I totally off base here? I know dual claws or claw shield add blocking but what I'm trying to see if it's possible to build here is just something that does ultra damage. Does mastery make claws like bartucs more damageing than say my previous example of hellslayer? Oh and plz still need answers to questions in first post about damage totals and such.

4. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

The build does exist (and there is a calc on the Dii front page for this build in particular)... mine does around 25k a kick with full tiger strike on.

5. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

yeah, this is the old 1.09 samari build if im not mistaken

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

DTail doesn't use your weapon damage at all(they use boot damage instead), so your main aim is to charge and release TS as fast as possible(weapon damage is irrelevant), with the most +skills. 2H Weapons are generally slower and have no innate +skills(like claws), so it makes them a poor choice for Kickers.

While it's true you'd be able to release a pretty huge damage hit with a HellSlayer(with Normal Attack), don't forget that it'll take a very long time to actually charge those 3 orbs to release with. For example, in the space of time it takes for you to charge 3 TS orbs and release(with HellSlayer), you could do two, maybe even three charge/releases(with claws), so the damage kinda evens out. However, like Zero-unit noted, with CM in the picture, claw attacks get the slight edge. Not to mention, dual-clawers get the opportunity to use DC, which further increases AR and damage.

7. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

I agree, one of the best weapons for a kicker would be Bartuc's since it give a whooping +2 Assassin skills and an additional +1 Martial Arts.
    All the other mods have their use too.

The points you have reserved for Venom are better distributed elsewhere, several options exist. Since it only applies to the claw attacks, and even if it is added to the kick; it's not taken into account into the TS and explosive radius. But then again...you char, your call.

Weapon Block: As far as I understood...it doesn't get penalties from running like shields, and can block certain attacks that shields can't block. Also...you have the option of running a second Bartucs. As mentioned before, weapon damage is not really important.....it's fluff.

It's also the reason Natalya's can be dismissed, the boots have terrible kick-damage.

Shadow Master: When maxed, it is quite a tank with helpfull extra killing power.

Death Sentry: Corpse disposal ('nuff said)

Cloak of Shadows: To help in making the TS-hits get in and don't miss with the DTail.

As with the Furysin....there are plenty of choices left.

Claw Mastery would IMNSHO a bad choice, since the extra dam and AR are better archieved through different means and the Critical Strike isn't worth it.

8. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Ahhh now I see why no one goes two handed weapon, maybe I'll have one on weapon switch just for fun but I understand now. Weapon damage doesn't effect the kick release at all which I totally didn't get until now. Duh :cheesy: So the 500 venom damage isn't worth it then I suppose? Seems like it would be a nice addition but if it isn't added in the area effect damage of the kick I suppose it really isn't worth the 20 points.

9. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

10. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Oh and I checked this calc on the front page, only was for Dragon Flight and Dragon Talon, didn't have calculations for Dragon Tail.

11. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

12. [D]Rui[D]

[D]Rui[D] IncGamers Member

any idea where can i find this build?

kinda wonder if its still variable in 1.10.....