Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rants R Us

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by My_Immortal6, Feb 3, 2004.

1. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Rants R Us

I have decided to make this thread because I am in need of a good rant. So here goes.

1. Beer is too expensive. I hate having to budget when i can buy my beer. Sure, there is cheap beer, but i don't like beer flavoured water.

2. On second thoughts, everything is too damned expensive. My medication costs me $24 dollars. Petrol is really expensive, i remeber it used to be like 55 cents a litre and now its like 95 cents a litre. Musical equipment is so expensive it makes me cry.

3. Underworld is not out on Dvd here yet.

4. My stupid Ex girlfriend has my gamecube and won't give it back. And she has $2000 worth of my cd's, books and computer games. ARGH! :rant:

5. I also found out she started dating somebody else 2 days after we broke up. Shows how much she cared.

6. I hate being lonely. Even my other personalities don't hang out with me anymore.

7. I can't afford A Perfect Circle tickets.

8. I like a girl who has a boyfriend and lives in Canada. I sure know how to pick 'em.

9. Since my ex has my games the only thing i can play is *crowbar swings* I'm bored of *crowbar swings* I want my gamecube back so i can play Metroid Prime.

Ok i think i'm done for awhile. Feel free to rant here. :rant:

2. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I can relate to musical equipment being way to much freakin money. Especially amps. I have a pathetic 12w and it cost 70 bucks! To get a nice big amp is in the hundreds. eek!

3. My_Immortal6

The one I want costs $2500. Damn wanting to be a professional :grrr:

4. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

damn 2500? How big is it?

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

In lots of countries that's called "a crime." You might want to talk to the police about the thousands of dollars of your items that someone else is in possession of.

Do you have any sort of evidence that the stuff is yours? Old receipts? Registration cards? Pictures of your apartment with the stuff in the background? Signed statements from multiple friends testifying that the stuff is yours and not hers?

I would go about getting some of those things, and getting your gear back where it belongs. It would help take your mind off the lack of quality beer in your life, for one thing. :)

6. My_Immortal6

The other guitarist in my band plays through one of these and it absolutely shreds.

http://www.warp-amps.com/warp_en/index.html

I'll have to dig through my room for receipts and stuff. It's a pain in the *** though because she lives interstate now. I bought a 6-pack of Stella Artois though so for another few hours my beer situation is ok. :D

7. DurfBarian

Hmm . . . In that case it's time to get some friends together and road trip to her place to collect the goods. Renting a van for a couple days will be cheaper than replacing all the items, right? :teeth:

Ooh yeah, and if she transported stolen goods across state lines you can get the feds involved too! :clap:

8. My_Immortal6

Good idea. *ponders the implications*

9. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Remember, revenge is a dish best served drunk.

(Or cold, I can never remember how it goes.)

10. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

My university requires general education curriculum (GEC) classes, like liberal arts stuff and social sciences. I have no need to take history or economics. If I'm really interested in them, I'll take them on my own. GECs are the classes that suck my attention away from things I really should be learning. They don't make me a well rounded individual, they make me a well-pissed-off individual.

Carry on.

11. SuggestiveName

/me wonders what the hell thread you thought you were replying to?

12. AeroJonesy

What better place to rant than the rant thread? I've got a lame history paper to write for Wednesday that I don't have time to focus on because I'm occupied doing work for classes in my major, the ones that are actually worth something.

13. SuggestiveName

Hmm... good call, I had forgotten the original premise of the thread.

[RANT] I am lazy and posting here instead of doing my problem set for linear algebra, I have no one to blame but myself.

But at least I had the self-control to not drink.

Oh wait...no I didn't.

Wow I am such an ***hole to myself. [/RANT]

14. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

15. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

just have to yell this out.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE THE RIAA!!!!!!!!!! AAAAEEEEEEUEUUUUUGGHHHGGHEEAAAAUGH!!!!!!!!!

ok i feel better.

oh yeah, people who raise to the max in Texas Hold em before the flop even comes out piss me off too.

16. DurfBarian

This is the first time anyone's ever said this in here . . . I feel sad, in a way, but at the same time . . . free. *sob*

17. AeroJonesy

*Takes a very large helping of free Durf*

Hey everyone, Durf's free! Come get your fill before he's all gone! There's enough Durf to go around... I hope.

18. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

i blame durf for his free deliciousness

19. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I hate how new textbooks cost 90 dollars and you use them twice... maybe, then you can sell them back for 25, and then buy used books for 83 dollars.

20. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

My school has a special Barnes & Nobles right next to campus with comfy couches and tables and the works. I just go there to do homework that involves questions from the textbook.

BTW $90 is actually pretty cheap for new books. The more advanced you get into your studies, the thinner the books and the thinner your wallet. I remember 1 year ago I payed 110 for some Calc book (a good deal since it actually covered more material over 3 classes then I thought) while this semester, I bought some Low Speed Aerodynamics book and it was half as thick as the math book but cost $140. Best thing to do is look for people in classes above you and see if they're selling.