Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rants R Us v1.2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by My_Immortal6, Mar 9, 2004.

1. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Rants R Us v1.2

Oh my god my day ******* sucked.

1. It was a thousand degrees.
    2. I found out that the girl i really really really like has a boyfriend.
    3. I got cut off like 4 times in traffic.
    4. My ngstats for unreal tournament still doesnt work.
    5. I come home to find there is no more alcohol.

:rant:

Rant now everyone, while you still can!

2. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I lost my leg to a landmine. </random Afghan kid>

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

no alcohol? nuts

its only high 80s here

4. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

It snowed here. Gotta love Ohio. Friday -- 74 and sunny. Monday -- 30 and snowy.

5. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

VA isn't much better AJ.

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

If this is a bad day for you, there are many people who envy you.

These are rather pathetic reasons to conclude your day was bad. If your house burned down, your parents died and your dog was run over, then it might be worth complaining about. Until then, wake up and recognize how ****ing good you have it.

Threads like this irritate the hell out of me.

7. My_Immortal6

I didn't realize I had to base my own opinions about how good/bad my day was based on everybody elses. My bad.

You also missed the not so small amount of sarcasm. I realize it isn't that bad. Sheesh.

8. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Today was a great/terrible day:

1) Snowed (draw between snowboarding(snow) and ultimate(meltage)
    2) Got a 93 on my linear algebra midterm, which makes 3 A's on the semester, my best yet in college. (great)
    3) Done with midterms now. (great)
    4) Lost the IM basketball game that would guarentee us the playoffs. (bad)
    5) Came home to no alcohol. (VERY bad)
    6) All my 21 year old friends have "midterms" and "homework" I mean wtf it takes like 7 minutes to buy me some freakin beer....lazy jerks. (VERY bad)
    7) Drank emergency scotch supply. (draw)

9. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

ok, found out a problem set was due today (well yesterday now) so now it's late, 25% grade cut. I've also got 2 quizes and a major test tomorrow. while we are at it I've got to brief my squad for the coming leave period, pass back leader logbooks, deal with a pending article 10 on one of my guys, square things away with my investments, contact the people I will be in charge of over the summer and ensure they have the training opportunities they should, prepare for inspection on Wednesday, and clean/close out my room for leave. I have to do all of this with out the aid of beer because we can't drink in the barracks here. This is of course on top of my regular duty day.

EDIT: if this doesn't beat out anyone elses I can give you more too.

10. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Regardless, it's pretty naive and sad that one can qualify any of these things as means to a bad day. I find threads like these rather insulting to those who actually have it bad. And I can't see anything that would imply sarcasm in your first post.

Now... if you had paid eight dollars for cheese, THAT would be a bad day...

11. My_Immortal6

Ok. I'll just convince myself that I'm not really depressed right now.

To everyone who is offended by the fact that I think I had a bad day today, I sincerly apologize, and will send cheques of $5 to a specified address.

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Look, I'm not trying to be offensive, but if you had just said that you were feeling depressed and that's why you're having a bad day, that's different. The above events are not that momentous, but depression puts a different spin on it.

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

send beer, I miss beer.

think of the last time you ran out of beer. remember how bad that was? multiply it by 4 months

14. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

wow
    all of a sudden anakha1 annoys the hell out of me.

dude. people have bad days all the time. it could be cause their car broke down or wtvr.

anything coudl happen to make someone depressed, annoyed, frustrated or wtvr.

just because some kid in africa is dying of hunger doesnt mean your day isnt bad.

we all know that people go through some pretty tough times. some people have it really bad.

just because you didnt lose your leg today doesnt mean you didnt have a bad day.

extremes dont constitute a bad day.

Regardless, it's pretty naive and sad that one can qualify any of these things as means to a bad day. I find threads like these rather insulting to those who actually have it bad. And I can't see anything that would imply sarcasm in your first post.

when you say stuff like this. im left speechless..

how is it naive of this guy to just say he had a bad day? thigns just didnt go his way. its not like its the worst day. its not like he's claiming everyone else's problems are irrelevant. its not that at allllll. and people with worse days wont find threads like these insulting. they just know deep down inside that they have it worse, but its not like they feel insulted. i think its just bitter people like you that make it seem this way.

people who have truly horrible days find comfort and solace.
    people who have bad days find comfort and solace.

why can't we give both to both people?

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I can't describe to you how little that concerns me.

Seems to me that a lot of people haven't the first clue about what a bad day really is.

Getting frustrated and annoyed doesn't make a bad day.

But it should make you recognize that your day could be a hell of a lot worse. That in itself should make it seem a lot better.

And should I hear someone like that, I'd have all the empathy in the world.

It doesn't mean you did, either. Priorities, people. Recognize the difference from having a less than perfect day and having a bad day. It's all subjective.

But they sure put them in perspective.

If he was just ranting, I'd understand, or if was just upset that he's depressed like he later said. But what happened was hardly cause for even getting upset, let alone claiming how his "****ing day sucked". Sure, I'm bitter. :rolleyes: Pretty typical assumption because I happen to have my own opinion.

I can. But he was overreacting. I don't like someone completely losing objectivity and claiming how everything sucks when it really doesn't. But whatever. To each his own.

16. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Someone could lose their parents in a car crash and come here and post, and they'd still be literate, and posting on an expensive computer, and (likely) living in a first-world country with food and medicine, which puts them above any number of starving African kids on the nice-life scale. Maybe we should yell at them too when they come to post here.

17. My_Immortal6

Well at least we all are getting the point of the rant thread.

[homer voice]It's a rant Marge, it doesn't have to make sense. [/homer voice]

Anakha, I didn't say everything sucks, I said my day sucked. It's cool, how about we go have a beer and just chill out? :drink:

18. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Look, I've got nothing against Immortal or him ranting about his problems. God knows I do it, too. But I've seen some absolutely horrible things in my life. Most people have no idea the level of horribleness some days can stoop to. Like people who've lost their entire families in a span of a few minutes or seconds, people who've been paralyzed forever, who've been brutally assaulted or sexually assaulted. THAT'S a bad day. When someone comes and complains about how their scores for on online game aren't available, somehow I don't think it qualifies for saying that their day "****ing sucked". Call it a bit of a reality check. Or call me an *******. I don't really care either way.

Edit: Sorry, Immortal. I hope you realize that it's not personal. I really didn't mean to come in an beat you over the head like I did with it. This went farther than it was supposed to. Have one on me. :drink:

19. My_Immortal6

Yeah i know it's not the end of the world. It just sucked. The main thing was the girl, because she is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Beautiful, intelligent, caring, she's everything I want in a girl. Argh. *pouts*

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Now that I can sympathize with. Finding out a major crush has a boyfriend can be a big kick in the beans n' weenies.