Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rantage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by piff, Mar 3, 2004.

1. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Rantage

Why are 95% of teenage females bitchy 24/7? And that also goes for 50% of guys my age. Why can't we all just get a long and be happy? And without drugs to be happy? What is the problem with girls (more girl than guys, but guys aren't excluded) and taking things way too hard? Or lying? Even when the lies don't make you look better than anyone else? Say timing of the month if you wish, but I'll let y'all know that people are like this all month, every month. Why do people have to purposely go to lengths to agree fully with someone instead of compromising if you don't agree?

BEING TEENAGED SUCKS!!!!! To quote a stand up comedian's name who I can't remember:
    "People say that the teenage years are the best one in your life. I disagree. You have no job, no money, you live with your parents, and you still have your virginity. How the heck are these the best years of your life!"

My advice: Don't pass age 10, or if you have to, sleep for the next 10 years.

This rant was brought to you by the Super Bowl Halftime Show and Coke-a-Cola.

EDIT: Final question: Why can't we all just be mature about things?

2. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

We'll tell you when you're older

3. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

In a nutshell, Piff, to answer your final question: Teenagers can't be mature about things because they aren't old enough to be mature yet. Some of them are, but most aren't.
    It gets better when you're in your twenties, believe me. Most of the games you are forced to play as a teenager fall by the wayside by then, and you meet people who have developed character instead of just playing with it like teens are doing (It isn't their choice, really; they are gifted with adult-type bodies and desires but still burdened with childlike minds).
    Take your time, find people who aren't playing mind games (even if they're ugly; sometimes those are the ones with golden cores) and chill.

4. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Actually, I have a girlfriend and it's not her who I have a problem with. She acts in a mature way most of the time. Some pointless things get her angry, but I think that's gonna follow her through life, regardless.

And, actuall,y the main person behind this rant (though there are others) is ugly and rotten to the core. Ok, maybe not that bad, but she isn't golden.

Oh, I can't wait till my 20s...to be around mostly mature people (I plan on a decent college, possibly a high scale private one) is my dream.

5. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Women = crazy. Have a nice day. :)

Edit: I hate to burst your hopes and dreams, Piff, but women around the age of 20 aren't all that much better than highschool girls en mass.

6. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Please, don't misunderstand me, Piff. It isn't like life suddenly becomes beautiful at twenty. It's just that by, say, your mid-twenties, you've probably gotten past your crazy, hectic, hormone-driven impulses and have settled down into more of the adult you're destined to be. You'll also likely gravitate toward people more like yourself and be a better judge of them, instead of finding out later on that they're nasty.
    Take your time, it will come, and don't let depression take you like it does so many teens.

7. piff

piff IncGamers Member

Oh, but the 20s have to be better than the teens. It may not be beautiful, but it isn't a hell hole, right?

Oh, I don't get depressed often. Depression for me is incredibly rare. It happens when I snap because I have built up anger. I snap about once a year in middle winter. Then volleyball starts up then I can let my anger out. And I'm normally happy. So tomorrow at this time, I'll be happy again because I'll've let my anger out on a volleyball.

I'm just tired of teenagers being unable or unwilling to control their hormones. If I can do a good job at it, why can only few others?

8. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

I must be lucky or something. I never seem to be bothered by, or have as many depressing or angering experiences as a lot of teenagers here.

As for other people not being able to control themselves or whatever. I think I just handle them by not caring what they do. I'll just stick to my friends and everyone else can just not exist for as far as I'm concerned. They're nothing more than objects getting in my way in between classes. Nothing really bothers me for long.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Because they don't want to. At least that's my guess.

Piff, I hate to disappoint, but things don't get that much better in college. Well, perhaps that's just because I go to a state school. I mean, it's certainly better than high school. The people in my major are cool though. Because there's so much work that has to be done, they're all forced to be responsible and budget their time. Sure, they still party on the weekends, but they have their stuff together. Then there's people like my roommate. He's on the 7 year plan I think. All he does is party. But pretty soon student loans are going to come around and bite him in the ***. And I'll just laugh at him. That's what he gets for being an idiot.

10. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

the key to survival through those sometimes gutwrenching teenage years is this simple phrase:

"get bent" now, you don't have to say it...but you should think it...when someone is annoying the crap out of you, simply imagine yourself telling them to get bent, then smile...and say something nice that really means get bent.

people being obnoxious and lying and cheating and generally backstabbing you will only continue through your life...the only difference is in high school they tend to be most obvious about it. these people are not worth teh time and effort you give them. they are just simply mean spirited. forget them..jsut deal with them when oyu are forced to and surround yourself with people who are not that way. if they are blatant about it, decide whether you could get away with telling them to go f*** themselves. sometimes oyu have to be political aobut it...this will happen more and more as you grow older, but the key is to be you, and don't let dobters and negative people hold you back. I'm still trying to teach my Mom this it's a tough lesson. but it all starts here:

get bent!

11. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

*bends himself*

12. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Piff I think it is about time I posted the great LLFSI theory it not only covers more than half of America it can be used to explain why people do things. I will post it up Sat since I take a while to type it up(I should really save it).

Since we are ranting about girls and evil people in general. Why the hell do girls always say "Guys are always horny." and then never listen when a guy tries to explain why. Is it really that hard to understand we have about 8x more testosterone than they do? This is also why girls get all "I wanna have sex with you." when they are drunk their testosterone levels go up and they can't/aren't used to keeping that down like guys have to most of the time.

13. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

kow, i can 100% guarantee i am 1000x hornier than you ever saw the day to be

i understand that men are horny, because i myself am, i want it all day, every day, but i like you, have to supress it, because if i didn't i'd go mad

i can't tell you why some girls are different, i think if they knew how it is to be horny 24/7, they'd be a little more understanding

14. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

can someone show me to where the 24/7 horny girls are? I sure could use one, hell I'd even trade my wife in on one....

god I hope she dont read this lol

15. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

I don't think any girls are different. Some guys want sex more than others. Some women want sex more than others. There is no universal level. However, especially in high school, being a horny male is expected, while being a horny female gains you the label of a slut. This is just the way our society (unfortunately) is.

Sex is a natural desire and impulse. Assuming we have all the right chemicals, we should want sex. Most of how it's exhibited, however, is determined by society.

And Piff, life gets a Hell of a lot better when you learn to see through the people who are full of it, and find people who act like they feel. Not that there are that many, especially ones that you'd like, but they get much more plentiful as you move along in life. I'm amazed at how few of the people I've hung around with in my life are still compatible with me, and they likely think the same of me.

Life is full of change. If you don't like things, keep yourself busy, and before you know it things will have changed. Repeat as needed.

16. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

PLF is right on. There are still people in your life, no matter what phase you're in, that are quite full of it. Like PLF said, once ya learn to see them for what they are, and move past them to the people that are like you, you'll find life improves a great deal. Hang in there

17. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

at 16 I was surrounded by morons
    at 18 I joined the army and had a decent mix of morons/non morons.
    now at 22 in college I'm once again surrounded by morons.
    people only learn to grow up when they have to function independantly. If they are forced to choose between food and fun for long enough they start to distinguish basic concepts like "want" vs. "need"
    Oh, and college isn't functioning on your own.

18. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Uhhh can we clone you?

19. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

they should clone pretty girls, not yucky ones :)

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Most people are incredibly shallow even if they won't admit it. Highschool students are just terrible at hiding it. As they get older they get better at keeping it under wraps, but it still comes out frequently in college/university. I suggest becoming bitter. It's worked wonders for me! :surprise: