Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

(Rant)Does Blizzard and Battle.net deserve my WoW money? i

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Mech-Sheep Arsenal, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

(Rant)Does Blizzard and Battle.net deserve my WoW money?

I am certainly at a point of explosion. I lost 4 ****ing Shapeshifting Charms with friggin 20+ life each due to Battle.net's crappy servers. My cousin lost his Bul-Kathos, Shako, Arach, anything a Hammerdin needs.

Certainly, it was not the "going-fast-changing-characters" "bug" (yes, I am calling this a bug, not even a fix.) It was only 1 character where I exchanged.

Now, this is the problem. Diablo 1.10 was supposed to be:

1) No duping: Look at the situation today, and see this "no duping" world.

2) No Bots: They added that crappy "going-fast-changing-characters" thing, yet, what's the point? Do you think those SPAM bots are screened? What about Pindlebots?

3) No hacks: Map hack exists, see?

Now, WoW, yet again, was said to have none of the 3. Wait, they said that for Diablo II. I see no point in believing them anymore!

Does WoW deserve my money?

2. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

I wanted to write just my point of view.

1. hacks will always exists on games whatever the software company says
    2. Problems with connectability too

But the question is IMHO different .
    Is the game worth the monthly fee ?
    For diablo2 i would say yes .
    Because i play 4 years and i have a good support and the game still makes fun.
    for Wow if it is as good as diablo2 and if the support is better i would say sure i will pay .....but then again i have to play the game first :)
    PS but one thing is sure dont expect the game to be bugfree or hackfree or maphack free .And the main reason for this is just that some people just find the fun in hacking the game and not actually playing it :)

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Excuse me... What is "going-fast-changing-characters" "bug" ???

4. UselessOne

UselessOne IncGamers Member

How did the items get lost? Leaving a whole bunch of items on the ground is a big no-no unless the items are not needed. If it's important, use the trade window.

Officially though, Blizzard does not advocate muling and they intentionally have added an IP ban that disconnects you from Battle.net if you log on with too many character in too short a period of time. It is not a bug.

5. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Hey its free

For a game that you can buy for $20 now, battle.net is very good for us not having to pay anything for it.

6. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

I agree, the game is freakin ancient, it's still really good, and I think everyone got their moneys worth easily. People need to learn to stop crying about hacks and dupes, they exist everywhere.