Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rant: D3 becoming more D2 everyday.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by In the name of Zod, Sep 14, 2010.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

rant: D3 becoming more D2 everyday.

I'm sure at some point I read some blue print saying that they weren't going to have socketing and then suddenly its like 'ooops we're running out of time and gotten nowhere so lets just take the guts out of D2 and give it a fancy upgrade then we'll call it an artisian system'. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm happy they didn't throw away a perfectly good system but all the secrecy and vagueness about these other systems they talk about skillrunes and talisman just seems stupid, as if they won't get old fast. I call - LAME!

Someone at Blizzard must have woken up in a cold sweat one morning and realised what a complete and utter mess they were in, held an emergency meeting and everyone agreed to reinvent the wheel or something. Bet we will never hear of the talisman again. I wonder if they will give us back user placed attributes. Oh my! :unimpressed: We are actually in the same position when they were announcing D2 and they were saying that formula's could be found scattered around the world, anyone remember that? Now they're doing it again to us. I remember they once said that all monsters in D2 would wield different weapons and they all ended up with the same weapons.

I'm am happy with the appearance of the monsters and gore. Apart from that its as clear as day that blizzard = cartoon graphics, so for us whom don't still dig "toonz" and probably haven't for decades we'll just have to grin and bear it like adults do. Damn, damn, damn.

2. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: rant: D3 becoming more D2 everyday.

Aren't we all just speculating about what will be in D3 and what not. Not even the betaperiod will tell all. We will see at the release what Blizzard has made for us to play with.

3. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

I bolded the parts that didn't make sense:

I don't really understand your concern, other than the generic graphic style complaint. Most of your post is simply speculation about what may happen at some point in the future, which nobody here can confirm nor deny. *shrugs*

Are you saying D3 artisans are worse than D2 socketing...? Or complaining about the fact that it's something of a Blizzard policy not to release any info on currently unfinished systems? Or something else? Give us something useful here!

4. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

None of this outlined how D3 parallels D2. o_O

5. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

They are saying they won't do something then they go ahead and do it anyhow. Its the same old story. They don't have any kind of direction, another term given for this type of development is 'extreme' or 'rapid-prototyping'. What I'm saying and I thought it was pretty clear is that we are headed for just a re-make of D2.

Headed doesn't me the game is 'currently' in parallel since this would indict everything is the same. Yet. But bringing back socketing and crafting with the cube-like-device after they said no is just indicative of a lack of either a steady hand leading the development of the game or poor documentation and communication in the workplace. They don't seem to know what they are doing. If I'm right then they will continue to turn to D2 as their primary source of direction, thus the title of the thread. Ok, maybe that wasn't so clear. Maybe it should read 'D3 becoming more D2-like because of no clear direction'.

6. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

When did they say we definitely won't have socketing, cube, any of that stuff?

We don't even know what the direction is with D3, how can we claim it's changing?

7. Monster

Monster IncGamers Member

OMG he's right. I bet you they'll even have Diablo in this one too!

8. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

That straw broke the camel's back. Clearly this will be a Diablo game.

Man what was I thinking to question this? ;P

9. TheMythe

Nahhh, I think this goes back to the directionless making of Eye of the Beholder even...

But seriously....
    I think Blizzard dangwell know what they are doing and that they are trying out different gamingrecipes that we may or may not ever get to know about. I also believe that half of the things that are claimed to be in a game are player fantasized.
    Remember the old saying: The most popular of rumors are always the last to die out...

It is a good thing Blizzard just goes on creating the game and does not relay every decision they make to the gaming public. If they would go in debate with the ENTIRE WORLD than D3 will never see the 'light of day'

10. DWS

DWS IncGamers Member

Developing a game is an iterative process. If they didn't tell us stuff that could potentially change we'd know nothing about the game at all. You're worried that the "cool" features are being removed and fear it may start to look like D2?

Clearly they are running out of time to implement some of these cool things. Not sure if it will end up just like D2 tho...

11. machinus

machinus IncGamers Member

D2 was amazing!!! keep making D3 like D2!!!

12. TheMythe

Did I hear the word "EXPANSIONS" echo just now...?

13. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

So basically your argument is that:

a) if Blizzard reveals some info then they HAVE to go through with that.
    b) Blizzard doesn't reveal enough info.

Well, that sure cleared things up nicely.

14. Monster

Monster IncGamers Member

Where did the idea that they're running out of time come from?

Blizzard will delay this game until 2027 if that's what it takes to make the game great. For proof of this, look to SC2.

15. TheMythe

Okay, I think it has been made clear isn't correct on this question. Can this thread be locked now?

16. Ninyu

Ninyu IncGamers Member

So, you are basing all of these baseless meandering thoughts you are having on something you aren't even sure you read? I look forward to more of your well thought out criticisms.

The graphics are the way they are for the following reasons:
    1. More people can play the game because it doesn't kill their computers
    2. "Stylized" graphics age better over the long-term. WoW's graphics look much better now compared to EQ2 and other MMO's released around the same time.
    3. You can have larger groups of enemies to fight at once due to the lower requirements needed to run. I'd rather fight lots of lower polygon models at once then 5 things that look "realistic"
    4. Good lighting/shadows, nice textures, and good animation can make a big difference even if there is a low polygon count.

17. Nekora

Nekora IncGamers Member

You sounded like a concern troll before, but this really nailed it for me. If you think D3 looks like 'cartoon graphics', you really just have no clue. Oh no, it's got colors, and it's not meant to look like a photograph. CARTOON!

If you want to see a game that looks like a cartoon, let's look at a cel-shaded game that looks like an anime, or even something like Viewtiful Joe. Can you really compare this to D3's style?

Other than that, your post is a whole bunch of unfounded concern trolling. Yes, Blizzard is re-using features from Diablo 2. That's kinda why it's a sequel. Get over it. If features start getting dropped from D3, we can come back and discuss, but until that happens, you really have no point.

18. blackbisket

blackbisket IncGamers Member

Show us a Blue post or interview where they said there will be no socketing and crafting in D3, without any kind of proof ur words r meaningless.

19. AxeX

AxeX IncGamers Member

Why is everyone feeding the troll?

20. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

did you really just call zod a troll? you are only here cause the bnet forums are down who are you to claim he is a troll or not? i personally think he has earned the right to vent a little about the direction of the game is he does not like it. i may not agree with him but he has earned the right