Ranger question for Experts/Raven

PallyRanger

Diabloii.Net Member
Ranger question for Experts/Raven

I have a question about vengeance. I was wondering if it is possible to use vengeance with a bow? I wasn't sure if it would work or not and didn't want to start another ranger without consulting the experts. Thanks for the help.

-PallyRanger

Any1

Banned
Unfortunately (or fortunately), a Paladin can only use a normal attack with a bow/crossbow. Otherwise the Paladins would be outperforming the Zons when it came to ranged weapons. So, no you can't use Vengeance with a bow.

Dreamsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
Otherwise the Paladins would be outperforming the Zons when it came to ranged weapons.
Personally, I think they already do. :p

Well, okay, lacking multishot, it's hard to slaughter large herds of cows as well as a 'zon. But my Ranger sure beats my 'zon for typical adventuring. There's just no way a 'zon can add the kind of damage to her attacks that a good elemental aura gives you, and even those skills that come close (say, Freezing Arrow) both cost a lot of mana per shot, and don't leech. Aside from being able to do some cute tricks for crowd control, 'zons really aren't as good with bows as Rangers. Certainly not when it comes to taking down individual targets.

Mogwai

Diabloii.Net Member
all i have to say about rangers ... Witchwild, fanat, and razortail w/ might merc using doom polearm = GODLY! :worship:

(love that holy freeze aura on doom) :love:

Any1

Banned
Dreamsmith said:
Personally, I think they already do. :p

Well, okay, lacking multishot, it's hard to slaughter large herds of cows as well as a 'zon. But my Ranger sure beats my 'zon for typical adventuring. There's just no way a 'zon can add the kind of damage to her attacks that a good elemental aura gives you, and even those skills that come close (say, Freezing Arrow) both cost a lot of mana per shot, and don't leech. Aside from being able to do some cute tricks for crowd control, 'zons really aren't as good with bows as Rangers. Certainly not when it comes to taking down individual targets.
Good point.

PallyRanger

Diabloii.Net Member
Well bad news for the vengeance I guess. And one of these days I will find a Witch bow and man, look out. Zons will fear my Storm-Ranger!

-PallyRanger