Random Tournament 2008!

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Random Tournament 2008!

Hmm... I liked the predecessors of this tournament so I guess Ill join.
Would someone be so kind as to roll me up a Paladin:
2 combat, 2 offensive and 1 Defensive (hmm seems merlin beat me to it)
Ill also go with swords (no two handed plz)

Oh and gogo magic lucky dice!

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm... I liked the predecessors of this tournament so I guess Ill join.
Would someone be so kind as to roll me up a Paladin:
2 combat, 2 offensive and 1 Defensive (hmm seems merlin beat me to it)
Ill also go with swords (no two handed plz)

Oh and gogo magic lucky dice!
Charge, Conversion, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock, Meditation
Light Belt
Heavy Boots
Leather Gloves
Gothic Shield
Mask
Splint Mail
Aerin Shield
Giant Sword

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm... troublesome skills. Will be tough getting past nightmare with those skills.

Each skill is useful though. After considering rerolling both charge and HF I settled on:

REROLL Holy Freeze
REROLL Giant sword

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

Ouch... Guess Ill have to do a charger (perhaps with a conversion starter sword/shield switch?)
Thanx for the rolls though.
EDIT: when it says starter items can be used, does that mean that I chould imbue and upgrade the starter short sword and still use it if I wanted?

Last edited:

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

It's going to be fun comparing how each of us will fare with our choices... They were identical, after all :p May the best mind win (Ehm.. that would be you). Ok, may the best man win (Hmm... probably you again) Hmm... May the luckiest man win? (Given my misfortunes, probably you again.)
OH heck. Ok, I hope I win! There! :grin:

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

Well my rolls werent bad. Sure I couldve used a light armor and a onehanded weapon, but I got a high damage killer and a crowd controll option. I think I need to put a significant amount of points in conversion early on to get a decent duration on my "summons" which will mean Ill have a pretty solid but very slow character.
Oh, and I hope I win.

EDIT: Another question. Is spending points in synergies allowed even if the synergy may not be used? (thinking mainly of charge synergies)

Last edited:

Kedali

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
[b][U][I]ALIVE[/I][/U][/b]
Score Character      Class         Forum Name       Level  Act    WP
   25 HesDeadJim   Necro         Kedali             20     A2     Lut Gholein 
   1  BubbaJone    Barbarian     Vang               1      A1     Rogue Camp            
   1               Assassin      Winmar             1      A1     Rogue Camp       
   1               Amazon        TheReadMenace      1      A1     Rogue Camp       
   1               Paladin       Merlin The Wizzard 1      A1     Rogue Camp       
[B][I][U]DEAD/RETIRED[/U][/I][/B]
Score Character      Class         Forum Name       Level  Act    WP
How does the scoring work for the imbue quest? Is it finished when you hand in the maulus or finished when you imbue something?

As for act1, nothing particularly special to report. It was pretty easy but slow, about what I was expecting from a summoner. My biggest concern about this character is kill speed. I'm hoping that confuse will help with that. The Andariel fight was a bit interesting. She of course instantly smoked my skeletons and all that I resummoned. In the end I just ran in circles while my merc slowly killed her. She dropped my first unique, gorefoots, which I can actually use, but I had already gambled a rare pair that was better.

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Score the imbue/socket/personalize quest when you actually do the said effect unless, your not going to use it.

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

Guess either you missed my first question or I missed the reply. So Ill ask it again to make sure you see it.

Can the starter items be changed (imbued, socketed and so on) and still be used even if they are a type of weapon you cant use normally? (technically theyd be the same items)

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Guess either you missed my first question or I missed the reply. So Ill ask it again to make sure you see it.

Can the starter items be changed (imbued, socketed and so on) and still be used even if they are a type of weapon you cant use normally? (technically theyd be the same items)
No starter items can't be upgraded, just plain old weapon/shield.

rickcarson

Diabloii.Net Member

No starter items can't be upgraded, just plain old weapon/shield.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere last night that your starter weapon could be imbued.

Was that a rule from last year that you decided not to carry over?

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

It may of been something that was decided sometime into last years tournament, but at the beginning of this years I said the rule was no to it when Merlin the Wizard asked.

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

boo! boo I say. Will probably make it even harder for me to survive past nightmare, but then again Its not supposed to be easy.

Tormal

Diabloii.Net Member

Hello! I just registered for the forums after lurking for a while, just for this tournament. I've wanted to try a bit more of an odd build after building two sorcs to hell. Let's try this:

Druid, 3 elemental, 2 summoning.

edit: weapon type... idc, can it be any random one hand? otherwise say swords.

edit2: is SC allowed with character eliminated on death?

Last edited:

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Tormal :

3 Elemental : Arctic Blast, Twister, Armageddon

2 Summoning : Carrion Vine,Grizzly Bear

Great Helm or Wolf Head, Field Plate, Spiked Shield, Light Gauntlets
Boots, Sash

Great Sword

Since its not my tourney, I chose swords (your choice) and rolled the entire batch (as the rules say)
Too bad about the sword you ended up with :(

And welcome to the SPF!

Last edited:

SonOfBaal

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm in Necro 3 curses 1 poison bone 1 summon can i chose my weopon after skills are rolled? if not I will go with wand