Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Random Question...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Rynda, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Rynda

Rynda IncGamers Member

Random Question...

So I have a question that has been bugging me since the very first time I hit Act V. You know those barbarians in Act V who you "help" kill monsters in the first few areas? (Not the mercenaries you hire, but every once in awhile you come across a random barbarian fighting monsters) What is the purpose of them? Do you get experience from the monsters they kill? Are there any consequences/advantages on your part if you let them die? I know that if one of them is near you, they gain the effect of any auras you or your merc has, so they must be considered in your "party". But they never appear in any of the other Acts, so I was never sure quite what to make of them.

2. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

They are npc who fight any mosnters they meet their purpuse to make you feel like your realy trying to defend horagoth ;)

Imagine barbarian runing with barb merc and another 5 of these npc runing around.Makes me feel part of some kind of movie :D

3. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

yup, i get a kick out of trying to gather as many as possible. too bad they are super stupid and always get stuck in the same places :(

4. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

I managed to get 4 or 5 together once. They're indeed stupid.

5. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

I second that, which is too bad. They really rip through stuff once you get 5 or so of them ganged up on an enemy...of course tha tonly lasts for one or two enemies. I always thought it would be cool if you HAD to use them to finish the quest, and the reward you got at the end was a function of how many of them were alive and partied with you. Like instead of rescuing the soldiers and getting 'Ancients Pledge', you get that runeword for 1 alive and partied, something like 'Lionheart' runes if half of them are alive and partied, and then something just obscene if all of them are alive and well.

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

necro + bonewall = horde :D
    i think my record is 7. with the AI curses they can survive pretty good too.

7. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

yup, i find them usefull... if they would just respond to my yelling "over here dumbass"... which offends my merc of course, since he assumes im talking to him.

8. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

I never would have thought of using bonewall to guide them past the places they get stuck.

9. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

just a couple of hours ago i got i think 6 of them w/o even really trying that hard they kinda just followed me. (me being a HC Frezelot with a defiance merc) it was kinda cool having them all with defiance auras i let them kill doc farren and his gang for me then i charged off to kill shenk

10. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

what is the depth of Mariana's Trench?

(this is the thread for random questions right?)

11. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Its about 11 km deep.