Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Random accomplishments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Inokis, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

Random accomplishments

I don't know how many others are like this but I get ecstatic when I figure something out that I've been working on. I basically suck at any sort of programming, the syntax always gets me. I never know where an error occurs without practically tearing down what I've done and going over it line by line, and then reloading whatever i've redone to see if it loads correctly etc...

Well, awhile ago I had made some forms on a site I had up and those forms were really poorly designed, because basically thats what I could figure out how to do. The reason they were poorly done is that the output and the forms processing were on the same page. Someone could simply refresh the page and resubmit the form. Well today I had this motivation to get it working the way I wanted it to. I had no clue what sort of functions I needed and such.

After searching and reading and playing around with the code and many failed attempts, I finally got the forms working with validation and proper output. After several hours I just kind of feel joyous at the fact I was able to figure it out and get it done.

2. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

For me it's more relief than anything. I've had some real tough roofs to design before. One was 5 large wings of a building coming to gether into a triangular common area. The other was a shallow barrel vault roof coming into a steel conical roof on top of a curved roof and limited by the size and curvature available in a locally produced glu-lam beam. AAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

3. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I obviously don't work with software nor hardware, or at least in that matter, but I know what you're on about.
    For me it's like finding a good search pattern and with that answering questions of students (if they can't figure it out themselves) or helping my boss out although she usually knows it a lot better than I do. :laugh:

4. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

I feel good most of the times ( when actually preforming), altough that goes in a linear line with my scoring capabilties.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Linear lines are the best kind.

6. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I get a little giddy everytime I see the little light bulb go on over my customer's heads. Now that I'm officially management, I guess I'm supposed to get that way when I teach an employee something like that, but it's not the same as teaching a customer, especially someone who's told me they're really dumb when it comes to money. I'm becoming a good teacher. I think the key is my wonderful little drawings. some of them work and some don't. when i can take a very complicated subject like investing, and relate to someone by talking about church windows or baseball diamonds, it's cool to see them say, oh, that makes sense. That moment is what keeps me at work till all hours of the night and up and on my way to work before the street lights turn off.

7. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

Man, you don't let a single one by, do you?

8. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Ah come on..atleast correct me >,<

9. MadMachine

There you go.

10. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

And pass up the chance for another +1? Never!

11. MadMachine

Hm. I alway hear this strange ringing hum when you come online. If I cut off your head, will I be able to take your power or is it just my speakers turned on too high?

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

That hum is the air molecules ionising as I enter this plane of existence. It sets off a resonant frequency which has a wavelength that's a multiple of the total diameter of the universe, killing me would instigate complete catastrophic existence failure in this and the adjacent twenty-five universes. The next forty-three thousand would be left pretty dinged-up too.

13. MadMachine

But you'd be dead, right?

14. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Good thing I have my towel.

15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Since the entire frame of reference would be destroyed (including the timeline since it's part of the spacetime continuum) I'd be neither alive nor dead. And since chronology would be destroyed (creating a temporal paradox) I'd exist in an infinite array of alternate realities and be dead in a complementary array of other alternate realities.

But I would be rather annoyed.

16. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Sounds like Doctor Who to me.

On the topic of "random accomplishments" I can add that I'm still a kick *** librarian, even though I never have to use the skills I was trained for - I still have 'm.
    Managed to find a whole pile of info for my boss and she already had loads and is better at finding than I am! But quite some usefull stuff in there.:grin:

17. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

*Gives Vivi a jelly baby*

Wanna see my sonic screwdriver?

18. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

:shocked: Why not?:smiley: