Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rainbow Facets

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Triiumph, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Triiumph

Triiumph IncGamers Member

Rainbow Facets

Maybe I'm not creative enough but what do most people use facets for? I don't see any real good place to put them although I only have 2, a 3/5 cold lvl up and a 4/3 lightning die. I have a few different builds... a concentrate IK barb, conviction/avenger pali, fire sorc, kicking assn, strafer, and a lite traps assn. Those facets are just taking up space. Any suggestions?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

those aren't very good facets. use them for crafting i suppose.

most people use them to pump sorc spells. for me, when i use nightwings, my blizzard damage increases by 500 displayed (2.8k to 3.3k). in reality though, because of my cold mastery, that 500 actually translates into a lot more damage. with nightwings, it takes me 2 less blizzes on average to kill hell meph.

nightwings would equal about 2-3 5/5 cold facets.

3. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

umm superhal, people like the "when you die" ones for dueling. Like 6 of those and nobody walks away. so yes the when you die ones are sought after.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've never heard of anybody not looking for 5/5's.

5. BloodAndRoses

BloodAndRoses IncGamers Member

There are always places to put mediocre Rainbow Facets. For example, on my almost-purely dexterity Amazon, I have ethereal Titan's Revenge on swap for physical immunes (I put a couple points into the javelin skills). The shield on swap is a Spike Thorn, which always has one socket. I put a crap lightning Rainbow Facet in there just to help a bit more against physical immunes.

Anyhow, all the Rainbow Facets do good elemental damage too, which is often overlooked. If you have a spare socket (or the possibility of a spare socket), then you can always put any type of Rainbow Facet in there (preferably one of the element that character uses, if you can). Mercenaries can always benefit from any of the Rainbow Facets, particularly the "on death" variety.