Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rage/fury

Discussion in 'Druid' started by shumbly, Sep 10, 2006.

1. shumbly

shumbly IncGamers Member

rage/fury

is this a viable build for higher lvls? love the life leach of rage but the dmg from fury is sweetness.

2. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Yep, Uber Running Wolves tend to go that route. They max feral for the single target attack. Also, the build doen't need luck to survive *coughSmitersAnd LifeTapcough*.

3. shumbly

shumbly IncGamers Member

LOL.. kk thanks for the knowledge :grin:

btw. what kind of gear should I be looking at getting? Have almost perfect ribcracker atm that I will up, in between cerebus and jalal, and pondering some of the ik gear for hands/feet/ belt.

also, how should I deal with pesky physically immune?

4. saudili

saudili IncGamers Member

i would go with a shael'ed azurewrath, nice speed, magical damage, undead knockback aura, together with a sanctuary shield = gg against ubers.

5. shumbly

shumbly IncGamers Member

what kind of armor should I use for this kind of build? coh? enigma? other?

6. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

im building a pvm wolf too, so i have question(sry about spamming your thread) how good is block on a druid? i remember when blocking during a wolf didnt really work well.. does it work fine now?

7. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!

Block works well with my wolf, but you'd better invest in a fast blocking shield and/or socket it appropriately. By putting more points into dex to increase block, I've never had to worry about attack rating. I don't have a massive life like some vita wolves (they get into the double digit thousands), but unless I get blitzed by an IM (and I'm not paying attention), I'm pretty indestructable on PvM even in Uber town. I've got maxxed block, DR, stacked resistances. I don't kill super fast, but I'm pretty hard to kill.

Good luck and Good Hunting! (growf!)
    Kirah

8. TheMayor

TheMayor IncGamers Member

for armor i would suggest duress, coh, or fort. all of them are good choices if you can afford them, it just really depends on your taste, and what the rest of your gear isnt already compinsating for (res, fhr, dr etc). if you have low res go with coh. if you arnt killing fast enough, go with duress. for fort, the life and both ed bonuses are quite lovely.

the block rate for WWs is much better than WBs. if you hit around a 5fps fury attack, you can get your block rate to around 6fps, so if your blocking your going to loose what would be equal to one attack. in my personal expierence, it is good to try to keep your block rate and attack rate balanced, that way if you block your not loosing valuable chances to hit your enemies. i wouldnt try to block if there is a big flux between your blocking speed, and your attack speed, thats when chars tend to preform poorly.

9. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

im playing untiwnked hardcore with a team of 7 other players so im not sure if i can get a good shield. How necessary is block? would a mosers be good?

10. TheMayor

TheMayor IncGamers Member

well if your looking for gear a bit more on the cheaprer side, or more realistic gear i should say, there are a number of good choices. i would suggest rattlecage, shaft top, or treachury for armor. As far as shields go, sanctuary (RW), mosers, gerkes, and blackoak are all good. really a ss is ideal in my opinion