Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Radament's Lair

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Matrixnetuk, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Matrixnetuk

Matrixnetuk IncGamers Member

Radament's Lair

Hi ya Guys,

Just a quickie ......came across this guy in actII with my lvl16 assassin and geeez was i in for a shock!

At first all seemed well with me taking some minor pain (not enough to worry about) then Bang! I was Poisioned big style! my life was sinking sooo fast i must have emptied at least 6 or 7 full reds and at least 4 full rejuv and the life was draining out of me ....eventually he dies Yeah Baby! however im now like at critical health ...quickly using my portal back to the villiage i managed to make it to my stash (And I mean Quick!) with me still being poisioned and losing life quick looking for additional reds plus hoping that once back in Lut Golein poision would dissapear...it didint lolz Im at major panic stations now and at a sliver and phew it stops draining.

Just so I dont have this panic again with my Sorc and Barb (about the same lvl) Can you actually die in Lut Golein with poison still having an effect?

Cheers (Still a newbie) Matrixnetuk

2. PerfectTommy

PerfectTommy IncGamers Member

My experience is...

What I've seen from getting poisoned (Andariel, Radament, others) is that you don't actually die from the poison, whether you're in town or not. You drain all the way to 1 life, but not to zero (death). If I remember correctly the same goes for your mercenary, but this is not true for monsters or creatures you summon though. They will drain to zero and die.

If you're in no danger of taking other damage, you can drain down and wait for the poison effect to wear off before healing (well, potion, etc.). This doesn't apply if you just head to town and head for the healer.

For now, you can look for Charms with "Poison Resist" to help out. Later in the game you'll get items with "Life Steal" which helps melee characters deal with poison and all other damage.

PerfectTommy

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I've had my mercenary die from poison from standing in town too long. The player cannot have their health reduced below 1 from poison, but hirelings can. Buy an antidote potion from a potion seller for those times - they clear up poison with a click.

4. Kitten~The~Evil

Kitten~The~Evil IncGamers Member

Same here - my merc died while in town just before we got to Akara... I was much saddened (Akara, Farah, Ormus, Jamalka, and Mala will heal your health and poison, as well as curses, the only thing they don't heal, as far as I know, is cold).

I know if you're in town, you won't die from poison - not sure that's true if you're not in town though? It seems that I've died to poison before, but since I wasn't really paying attention, it could have been something else killing me. Maybe I'll have to test that!

When battling creatures that poison, it's always a good idea to have a few antidotes with you just to be safe - you will meet quite a few more like Radament in Act 2 (Tombs), and they all have the ability to poison.

5. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

You will not die because of poisoning no matter where you are, it can get you down to 1 life but not below. A poison attack can however kill you with the initial hit damage so if you're on 1 life and you will for example be breathed poison against your face, you will die. Merc will however die from poisoning, he doesn't stop at 1 life.

6. Matrixnetuk

Fantastic Stuff guys you never let me down :worship:

looking forward to my next encounter ....Bring it On!!!

Yeah Baby

Cheers

Matrixnetuk :drink:

7. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

yup, poison won't kill you. Just get your life to 1. Then a monster farts in the wrong drictions and you drop 1 life level. You better beat feet back to town when you're poisoned or keep an antidote in your character stash. I actually use one column on my belt for antidotes. They're mostly for my Merc who does die to poison.

Masa

8. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

there are a couple of solutions for Radament (and for Andy too). One, fill one slot in your belt with antidotes and chug one of those with your health potion. The other, if you get lucky, they'll be a resist poison shrine that's not too far from where you're fighting. Hit the shrine, then laugh at Radament as his very bad green breath has no effect on you...hahahahahaha.

9. Matrixnetuk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lmafooooo! yup your right howver I have noticed that there doesnt seem to be a shortage of resist fire n cold and lightening shrines when im just about to face a Poison Boss

;-)

Cheers guys

10. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

One thing I try to do is keep 1 antidote potion in the top right corner of my belt. Just have to remember to keep moving it to the top when/if you use a potion in the 4 slot

11. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

You forgot/didn't know about the healing NPC?

Wait a minute! You ran back to your stash for more reds? Oops.

Any time you visit the appropriate NPC in town, you, your summons, your mercenary, your parakeet, and your pet dog, as well as any random life forms hiding in your hair or socks, will be fully cured, uncursed, healed, and recharged with mana. These are Akira, Fara, Ormus, Jamella, and Malah. (OMG, I remembered all their names. I think I"ve been playing this game too much.)

So once you've used the Town Portal, you don't need to use any more potions.

Also, one of the changes in the release notes for 1.10 says that your followers can no longer die of poisoning if you manage to reach town. The quote ran something very close to "no more death screams *just* before you reached Akira".

You can also use this full cure to your advantage in other ways, especially the mana-recharge part. Since you can cast golems/valkyries/shadows/etc. inside town, as well as defensive spells like sorceresses' cold armors, necromancers' bone armor, druid cyclone armor, etc., you can get one of those "for the road" for free by casting it and then visiting the healer NPC immediately before you leave town. Since some of these things can put a dent in your mana bubble at low levels, this is an important trick.

Similarly, if you are down life or mana or stamina as you run past a waypoint, blip through and visit the healer.

12. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

Oh, and for Radamant in particular, don't forget that in 1.10, drinking an Antidote or Thawing potion *before* you are poisoned/frozen, will give you a bonus to the appropriate resistance for 30 seconds. Once you know where the stinky old mummy is, you can take a potion and feed one to your merc prophylactically.

Drinking a second potion before the first one wears off, though, does NOT work. It doesn't even reset the duration. You have to wait until it wears off completely. (You can see the changes in your Character screen, though you're unlikely to have that open in combat...)

(If you don't know the actual meaning of that C-vocabulary word, a "prophylactic" is a preventative health measure. The items you may think of when you see that word are properly so described, but it has nothing to do with their original primary function and it's not at all specific to them...)

13. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

u can't get killed by posion, u get down to one hp and stay there. don't drink pots yet when u get down to one life, the posion will still be in effect. i would wait until the posion disappears so then the pots u use will not be wasted or u can just use a tp and heal with the npc. sadly hirelings do die from posion even in town i dink especially those really expensive ones.

14. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

One other tip: since you're an assassain you have a small advantage over most characters. IF you are a trapping assassin you can afford to pile huge amounts of points into vitality. Strength is minimum to wear armor set and you should need little dexterity to block because stealth is your forte. (You should not be taking hits so no need to block.) Dump all points you can spare into vitality and you can sustain those occasional hits/poisonings with greater ease.

Glenn

15. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I will join fishman with his recommendation of antidote potions. Antidotes is a reason why I don't usually worry about poison attackers, just before I go to Andariel, Radamant, or Achmel the Cursed (I don't remember any more monsters with massive poison damage) I drink an antidote, and give one to merc, and sometimes drink during the battle, which cures me and keeps the +50% to poison res bonus. And don't forget that thawing potions work the same way against cold attacks, which is helpful, when you find a cold enchanted and have no "Cannot be frozen" and low cold res.

16. Matrixnetuk

Oh yesss nice tips from weregamer thx bud ......i must admit i forgot in my blind panic to visit fara plus as i was new to ActII wasnt really sure who did what lolz....However i do like the tip of using the full free chargeup and casting my shadow in town ;-)
    OBTW Gblan nice stuff too on the assasin strategy although you mention a "trapping" assassin ...does this mean i should concentrate all my upskills to traps? as at the minute im boosting my shadow and those throwing weapon things that create small blades geeez they seem to do a fine job :-D

I must admit im finding the assassin char great fun to play (in actIII already)
    My Poor lvl22 sorc got wasted at least 20 times fighting Duriel (close to a breakdown running nakid trying to retrive what felt like an impossible task)

my lvl20 Barb will be next <<<<<<<not looking forward to Duriel ;-(

Hey have you hardcore types tried taking on a boss nakid with just your skills?
    sounds like a challenge to me..lolz

Cheers Matrixnetuk

17. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Certain hardcore builds can run naked, but not too long into the game. Sorcs, trapper sins, Elemental summoner druids and summoner necros can run naked.

18. spastik303

spastik303 IncGamers Member

Actually,

I believe the merc dying from poison in town is no longer a problem. I seem to recall they fixed that in 1.10.

Otherwise, everything that was said is accurate.

Could be wrong, sorry if I am.