Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Racks

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DVAlan, Jan 31, 2004.

1. DVAlan

DVAlan IncGamers Member

Racks

What exactly can you find from racks. I've heard people 'run' them but no explanation is really given, like which ones they go to.

2. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I don't know where the best racks are found (Halls of Vaught/Pain/Anguish or Durance 1/2/3?), but when people reffer to running racks it is usually in .07 as they would always drop the same type of item, e.g. Vortex Shield Rack or Balrog Skin rack. Also, in .07 racks would drop uniques/sets more frequently than in any other version IIRC.

Although there is no "scientific" evidence of this, I am SURE that in .09 and .10 racks will usually drop the same item type. When I ran Meph with my sorc, I always checked the racks and the various chests and the armour rack always seemed to drop Ghost Armour and the weapon rack Gladius. Maybe I am crazy, well I AM crazy, but it just seemed that 9/10 they would drop the same things...

Sam

3. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

sam I can say that no you aren't crazy, crazy don't mind if I do :xmad:

Me too the armor rack to the left of meph would almost always drop troll belts.

4. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

I think rack running is still possible in 1.09 and 1.10--you just have to make sure that you get to the rack using the same route, and if possible kill more or less the same monsters. If you do that then it WILL always drop the same type because of the way the random number system works.

5. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

which just means you have a good shot with the racks around meph, just kill him and nothing else :p

6. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

To be honest, I think it's all luck. On my current map seed there are two racks when I first enter the Mausoleum, and since there's only one way to get to them and no monster's in between, I might get 5 different armours in a row and then not get an armour in the next 30 drops.

In about 100 runs lately, I've gotten absolutely nothing from those racks worth picking up. BUT! I did break a barrel nearby and got a highlord's wrath.

I guess what I'm trying to say, I had little luck with racks since the game came out. And I think you have as good chance breaking barrels and opening chests than running racks.

Of Course this is my opinion and I COULD BE WRONG!

Beer anyone? :drink:

Takis (EL_Greco)