Racist icecream?

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't be a racist because I hate everyone equally.

That's just nonsense. The same thing happened here when Snapple was accused of being racist for putting a K in a circle with a tea ship on its bottles (the K, of course, stands for kosher but some radicals said it stood for the KKK and that the tea ship was a slave galleon). Everyone's so afraid of appearing non-PC that they go out of their way (and sanity) to prove it.

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
Johnny said:
here is the article

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,631018,00.html

To translate it. The icecream "Nogger" which has been around for decades made one with Liquorish flavor and named it Nogger Black. And now anti-racist factions all over the country accusse them of having hidden racism messages in thier icecream adverts.

What do you think?
I think people are too zealous over racism, i really don't see a problem with this, the connection doens't even immediatly come to mind

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
even tough its incredibly stupid to make a black icecream and call it ''nogger black'' i still dont think its supposed to be what people mistake it for

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember hearing about a politician who once used the word *****rdly in a speech, and there was a large uproar becuase people thought it was a racist term.

edit: the word is n-i-g-g-a-r-d-l-y since it's filtered, but not a bad word

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless its done intentionally (which I dont think) you cant say its racist. I agree its stupid, but its not racist. Personally I think its kind of funny seeing people react the way the do.

They mention this guy in the article, Stig Wallin, a who says "It was impossible not to see it as a racist remark." Well thats ridiculous. Anyone with a hint of brains would know that GB Glace did not intentionally choose a racist-sounding name for their ice cream. Why would they? Its just silly.

Silly, silly, silly..

Freemason

Banned
It's the real racists that see racism in everything. They are the ones that see people by their skin color instead of who they are. MLK's dream has been warped into a nightmare by the very people who claim to be working to fight racism.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Freemason said:
It's the real racists that see racism in everything. They are the ones that see people by their skin color instead of who they are.
Ironic, no?

The word *****rdly is censored? That's patently ridiculous. Actually.

Hippie Holocost

Diabloii.Net Member
thats Nonsense. I don't Grasp the Going trEnd in tRying to find this so called "hidden racism."

Sorry, I feel like being a little tastless today.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
how can nogger be racist?

it'd be as racist as
chunk or
speck or
muck
Shut up you stinkin' jaw.

Now I don't know much about Swedish (right?) but is that even a racial slur in Swedish, or just in English?

Moosashi

Diabloii.Net Member
Freemason said:
It's the real racists that see racism in everything. They are the ones that see people by their skin color instead of who they are. MLK's dream has been warped into a nightmare by the very people who claim to be working to fight racism.
True Words.

Johnny

Banned
AeroJonesy said:
Shut up you stinkin' jaw.

Now I don't know much about Swedish (right?) but is that even a racial slur in Swedish, or just in English?
in Swedish it would have to be "neger" to be racist. Its based on "nogger" being close to the english word.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
that name came to the ice cream bars long before swedes could associate it with something rasistic! Its a brand, a name, and it is not even a forbidden word! there are many words that, with one changed letter, turn into something plain evil!
grrrrrrml, this makes me upset.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Freemason said:
Damn straight!

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick, some one come up with some hyper racist slogan and product to remind people about ACTUAL racism as compared to percieved.