Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Race-specific drugs!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrunkPotHead, Jun 17, 2005.

1. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

Race-specific drugs!

Anyone have anything negative to say about this?

I don't see a problem with it, but does our politically correct crowd have any problems with this?

Edit: Sorry about that, i got the link from google and it worked. When you click on it directly, it doesn't.

2. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

Can you copy and paste?

3. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Let's see here, something bad to say about it...

The evil Republicans are going to deny this drug's approval so they can continue to oppress the black man. Then they'll create a second drug that makes this drug work "better" and sell both drugs to the black population in order ot make even more obscene profits. Meanwhile they'll block all government programs from paying for the drug so the blacks can't afford it and they can all finally die. Then and only then can they unveil their true evil conservative selves and build factories producing spotted owl snacks. Fried in Exxon Oil.

To be serious, what bad can you say about it? There are minute genetic differences between everybody. Skin color is genetic. Slight differences make blacks more susceptible to sickle-cell than whites. So what? I still can't see the point of dividing us by skin color. Culture is the dividing line.

4. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

I read about this a few days ago. I seem to remember that the same drug was rejected by the FDA a number of years back, when it was targeted toward the general population. By claiming it's targeted towards a specific racial group the scope of the trials required by the FDA was reduced significantly, and the manufacturer managed to get it in. In the same article it said that practically speaking, doctors will be perscribing it to anyone they want, now that it's available.

It was just a ploy by the drug manufacturer to get around the FDA's initial rejection.

5. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

The whole race thing is kinda misleading.

All medicine depends on the individual. Theyre just saying that perhaps one population may benefit more from it.