Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rabies suck?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mugana, Sep 10, 2006.

1. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

rabies suck?

I am making a rabies/fury druid and his rabies does nothing against monsters. The only thing that damages the monsters is his physical dmg. Right now, rabies is at lvl 23 and poison creeper is at 23 too. What is so good about rabies? Does zero damage. I can even kill PI. Does my druid have to rely on a merc?

2. Within

Within IncGamers Member

Refer to stoutewolf's guide for how rabies really work..

Rabies is mostly used for pking..

3. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

so it does nothing in pvm. How is my druid suppose to deal with PI's. I thought that the venom on the grief would apply the poison dmg immediately. Seems to do nothing.

4. Within

Within IncGamers Member

Hmm my druid has no problem to deal with PI.. Open wound crushing blow..

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Plus, your rabies is only level 23. I'm going to go ahead and assume that you've maxed both it and poison creeper? Try getting a jalal's mane, that might help somewhat.

6. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

Thx for the advice, i'm having the same problem in solo play...

7. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

both are being maxed. This really sucks. I was going to use this druid for pvp and key running but i guess that is not possible. My meteorb sorc is so damned frail for nith runs due to the zero max block. Should have not listed to the idiots who said an all vita sorc is better. It is not!

Maybe i should trade all my sorc gear for hammerdin stuff. Just starting a new char from scratch is going to suck

8. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Crushing blow does nothing to PI.

9. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

so this fury/rabies is totally dependant on a merc in hell? Thats great.... I might just ditch this build and go for a wind druid. my rabies damage is around 6k but i dont see it doing anything. I even use a grief pb and i cant do **** against PI.

10. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

rabies isnt that affective in pvm, but your damage is really bad for you to even give it proper judgement.

11. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

From what I have heard from some and disputed by others is that the Venom from Grief ruins Rabies damage.

12. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

cant you get rabies damage up to 30k?

13. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

30k requires quite some twinking i think. But i doubt hes wearing any trang gloves, or even have those on switch. Those would help.

14. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

i have trangs gloves. Gear is as follows. Still need dtorch, skillers, and highlords.

Jaljals, grief pb, enigma, gores, dungos, ravenfrost. Still cant use SS due to lack of stre.

15. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

can someone post a link to the information about rabies in pvm?

16. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Hmm if I may say a few things. For starters, My rabies is at lvl 36 or 37 doing near 20k (without poison % gear), and thats still bad. Rabies can get to about 40k or more iirc. For me I rabie them twice and the use fury, the combination of fury/and rabies on packs rapes them. I also use fury as my main skill for killing ubers.

Next, rabies is a hell of alot better PvP, fury does nothin to barbs, but I can slaughter them if I rabie and run.

Also, grief's venom I do believe ruins rabies damage, as it ruins damage from poison charms.

And if your going to come in here shooting down Shifters, saying they suck before you really know what your talking about your in for a suprise. There are alot of ppl around here who appreciate the build and would be angry at your insults to it.

Finally, your making yourself sound like a power hunger, leet searching noob by saying you want to trade gear for a windy or a hammerdin. Research before you build, and you usually have to build a character more then once to perfect it.

On a side note, the main focus of a meteorb would be max block for standing there and tanking, I didnt know there was such thing as a vita sorch, since vita return sux. My was nearly naked, wearing on tals set, and pwnd hell.

Why dont you try your wolf again, take a look at some guides, post some help threads (sorta like this I guess), then come back and see if you still hate wolves. Good luck.

IMC :grin:

17. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

so i should be using an ebotd zerker? why is grief even mentioned in stoutwolf's guide then? So deceiving. This sucks considering the ebotd is going to take a while to get

18. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Grief isnt horrible...yet some ppl dispute that. There are many choices for weapons, and upped shaeld ribcracker is a great weapon. It's all about testing and such. IMO, ebotd>grief. Test some stuff out. Use ias calculators. Your looking for 5fpa or 4fpa fury. This means ur second-5th attks in ur 5 in a row atks. Just test and see wut works for you, I like ebotdz personally.

IMC :grin:

19. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Can you stop saying "this sucks"? Complaining isn't going to help much. Understandably the game can be fustrating sometimes, but you're ruining the integrity of the forum.

20. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

im just wondering why stoutewolf put grief as a wep choice in his guide, considering that grief ruins rabies dmg. I dont understand.

Im in a dillema right now because now i realize that i need an ebotd but that is going to cost me 10hr or more and i probably can only get 3 hr for my grief.

i see that getting wealthy quickly is doing key runs but my meteorb is not up to the job thanks to those vipers. Now i hear that even hammerdins get slaughthered in there despite dr and res. Blizz should do something about the ridiculous dmg that those vipers do. Then solving my druid problem would be alot easier