Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rabies Length

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kaptain_Insano, May 18, 2005.

1. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Rabies Length

I have been reading up on this and i am still a little unsure about it. At the moment I am making a fury/rabies wolf who is at lvl 50 ish. He does 2000 ish damage over 15 seconds I believe. No carrion wind ring yet. here is my question: Is there a way of shortening the duration but keeping the damage?

Now from what I read, the only way of altering this is using venom charges, which are found on? andy's visage only I think

Will it work? Is it worth swapping out Jahlals helm for andy's? Uzziah seemed to know about this but he/she is not on at the moment.

Cheers K

2. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

Arachnid Mesh
    Spiderweb Sash
    Defense: 130
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 80
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0x3a76fdd4
    +107% Enhanced Defense
    Increase Maximum Mana 5%
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    Slows Target by 10%
    Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

That would probably be easier than giving up Jalal's if you have one. From what I've read Venom does help PoisonDagger, but I don't believe anyone has tested Venom with Rabies or Plague/Poison Javelin yet.

3. Kaptain_Insano

Kool! Yeah I have one in my stash but just haven't gotten around to using it yet. Will rabies be very strong that I won't even care to shorten the duration? This is my first druid and I just expected the duration to be shorter. But if I get a high damage the duration won't mean much.

Anyway when I get there I will know. If anyone has experience with rabies druids plz help me.

Cheers K

4. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

5. Kaptain_Insano

Thanks pyro but I already had a look at it before I started this thread and was hoping for some answers.

Cheers K

I'm at level 51 but I'm done for tonight. I can't wait to throw on my ring and upgrade my ribby :)

6. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I upgraded my Ribcracker and the killing went up dramatically. Equipped the CarrionWind and the rabies damage went from 2k to 5-6k iirc.

I haven't played my Fury/Rabies Wolf in some time as i've been all over different chars and he's hanging out halfway in NM at level 60ish or so. I have no worries that he will be able to kill effectively in Hell but maybe not so much on p8. We'll see what happens if I meet a PI/Poison Immune monster that cannot be removed my my merc's Reaper's (when he uses it) or even through Amp through an Atma's Scarab etc ...

I also may try a Stone/Fireclaws druid later on.

7. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

If I calculated correctly, the level 3 Venom charges present in Arachnid Mesh, should add around 250 damage for every second of rabies duration. On very high level rabies that would only be ~15% extra damage, but on lowish rabies that's ~30-50%! The wonders of a simple calculator... :clap: My dumb formula thingie was:
    NOTE:The 100 was average lvl3 venom damage.

(Rabies damage/Rabies Duration*0.4+100)/0.4*Rabies Duration

This is correct, I hope.